• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

I wholeheartedly recommend smashing through Origins prior to Legends. It's not required viewing, of course, but the game is simply superb.

Duly noted. I'll probably go through castlevania then origins then legends.

In the Rev3 review, they showed that every level in Rayman Origins is unlockable in Legends.

Now, I don't know if this includes story integration or anything like that.

So basically the rayman origins bonus from the preorder is just a novelty :p. Interesting though, maybe ill just run through them side by side in legends.

In the Rev3 review, they showed that every level in Rayman Origins is unlockable in Legends.

Absurdity. Definitely going to buy this on the Wii U and Vita to go with my cheap PC copy, such things deserve support.

Tizoc

Woah whaaaaaaaaaaa?
If all RO stages are unlockable in Rayman Origins...I need to Plat Origins already @_@

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kinda OT, but does anybody know the email for UPlay support?

My uplay account doesn't have an email address associated with it. I try to log-in to change my password, but I can't because it needs an email for which my account has none. I try to contact support and it asks for my account's email for which it has none. But the uplay client allows me to sign in with my non-email address username.

It's kinda like some kafkaesque nightmare.

Try making a thread in the Uplay support forum.

JaseC

How is Konami going to have time to greenlight a 75% discount on SH: Homecoming if it's working on all these ports? Priorities, people!

Eanan

Just saw the reviews for rayman legends.

XFHv5Yw.png

JaseC

I actually won that game from coal during the Christmas 2011 sale. I traded it for a few games.

I crafted nothing but coupons during the Winter Sale. :( Woe is me.

Edit: I wish I could travel back in time and use my remaining coal to try and craft myself a copy of Saw.

Darkroronoa

Pretty good deals for the most part.

Droplitz - $0.99 (80% off)
Cargo Commander - $1.99 (80%)
Lords of Football - $12.49 (50%)
Rock of Ages - $1.99 (80%)
APOX - $3.74 (75%)
Supreme Commander - $3.74 (75%)
Scratches - $2.49 (75%)
Zombie Pirates - $3.74 (75%)
Vegas : Make it Big - $1.24 (75%)
Ghost Master - $1.24 (75%)

You can also get scratches for 1$ +7 more games here https://groupees.com/bamm

For myself i will get ghost master and maybe droplitz.Rock of ages is tempting,i run out of money on the summer sale,maybe its destiny!

Gbraga

I'd double dip for PC Revengeance without thinking twice, like I did with Lords of Shadow, gotta show Konami we want MGS V :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Every level? I had heard they were just a few, strange if so.

Konami, if you're reading this, could we have an MGSV port please?
Oh, while we're at this, I'd also like RayLeg delayed, since I haven't finished RayOri yet - plus I'm still playing Dust (though I should ask Ubi for that).

How is Konami going to have time to greenlight a 75% discount on SH: Homecoming if it's working on all these ports? Priorities, people!
I only know Silent Hill as "the franchise that has one of the best Wii games ever (Shattered Memories) and a bunch of other titles I've never played".

Shattered Memories is so good I almost want to hate it for making pretty much every other game seem bad in comparison.

JaseC

Aw

I don't understand. Does Konami have a history of announcing games on PC and not following through?

It's just that the game was announced as releasing "soon" almost three months ago, which implied development was nearly complete, yet there's been zip said of it since.

sibarraz

Banned
The only redeeming point that rock of ages has is Dies Irae

And I don't even care that the game was made by an studio from my country

Grief.exe

The lack of fighting games on the Steam top 100 concurrent players is a little worrying. None of the games are even showing up on the top played list right now.

You could make the argument that every single one, with the exception of Divekick, has been a late port.

Every level? I had heard they were just a few, strange if so.

Tara said on the review that 40 levels from Origins would be included in Legends, I wrongly assumed that was every level from Origins.

In actuality, its most of the levels from Origins apparently.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80...eature-about-40-remastered-levels-from-rayman

Rayman Legends includes an incredible bonus: most of Rayman Origins.

About 40 levels from Origins will make a reappearance in Legends as part of an unlockable "Back to Origins" chapter. According to series creator Michel Ancel, the team wanted to include this bonus because "Rayman Origins doesn't exist on Wii U." He told us "it's a way for those players to play the game in HD. And because it was already done, we gave them away for free."

def sim

It's just that the game was announced as releasing "soon" almost three months ago, which implied development was nearly complete, yet there's been zip said of it since.

Oh gosh, I didn't realize it's been three months since the announcement. I'd like to think the lack of info is the norm when it comes to Japanese devs, though a whole season of nothing is definitely worrying.

Enjoy my fellow fellows!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The 39 Steps -- MB-9588A434B3746B8D - Taken by louiedog

JaseC

Oh gosh, I didn't realize it's been three months since the announcement. I'd like to think the lack of info is the norm when it comes to Japanese devs, though a whole season of nothing is definitely worrying.

I can only assume that, at the latest, we'll finally get some news come TGS in a little less than a month. If the event comes and goes without so much of a whisper of the port, however, I'll start fearing the worst.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
These Speedrunner shots are messing with my mind. Somehow the color scheme captures the feel of looking at an arcade machine without pixel postprocessing.

Tak3n

Banned
Hopefully people pick up SpeedRunners.. I could never find anyone during the beta to play with.

umm now I am not so sure then, a fellow gafer kindly gave me GunMonkeys, but not once did I find a online player, game was DOA

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
40 levels or so have been rejigged and put into Legends, not all of them. Not sure percentage wise but someone did say that's around 50% of Origins.
Tara said on the review that 40 levels from Origins would be included in Legends, I wrongly assumed that was every level from Origins.

In actuality, its most of the levels from Origins apparently.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80...eature-about-40-remastered-levels-from-rayman
Thanks for the clarification. I'm actually OK with this, because it doesn't make Origins obsolete and allows Wii U owners to play some of those levels in their console.

Getting a free copy of Origins by purchasing the Steam version of Legends was a nice gesture too.

Currently playing Origins so no hurry to get Legends... I really like Origins though. Also had time to play some System Shock 2. Dang that's a long game, or at least it feels like it because it's still SCARY AS HELL.

Went down a back alley and bought Brutal Legend for 2 keys. I enjoyed it on consoles but don't really remember that much about the game. Should I keyboard and mouse or is it better with a controller?

The lack of fighting games on the Steam top 100 concurrent players is a little worrying. None of the games are even showing up on the top played list right now.

You could make the argument that every single one, with the exception of Divekick, has been a late port.
]

The Skullgirls community is very active but fighting games needs lots of effort to get into, imo this is one of the reasons they aren't in the top 100.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is still coming out on the 28th, right?

Not much anticipation around these parts it seems.

edit: just saw it was discussed a few pages back. fuck.

It's that time again.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Awesomenauts -- MB-078881D396D61EA8 - Taken by princegumby
Dear Esther -- MB-382C166F38069396 - Taken by CyanideFuse
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-8599497B0A9098C6 - Taken by doniewhalberg
Hotline Miami -- MB-6A88816EB64DC9A7 - Taken by Santini
Capsized -- MB-70065F246BA9B9E9 - Taken by Leks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom