• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Of The Ninja is kinda janky at points. Sometimes the checkpoints are all screwed up, stuff doesn't reset properly (well, it's kinda nice to have what you were using the last time you died instead of what you had on the checkpoint) and just now on the final room of the mission 7, the counter disappeared when I restarted, but got into the checkpoint (of some sort?). Solution: stand in place until I could "halfway there" to be teleported into a new checkpoint when I died. Which was directly in front of a dog I couldn't avoid.

Then I was waiting for the counter and suddenly the game spots me in the vent... two stages lower than I was at at. I get an alert, but no enemies care about me, everyone just ran into the vent and stood there.

Grief.exe

How do you return to gaming after Dark Souls? I'm struggling to find a game to play.

I had the same exact problem. Took me several months to get over Dark Souls once I finished playing.

I find that funny, since I struggled to get into Dark Souls and couldn't. Twice I failed.

Dark Souls is one of the best games of the generation, but I can easily see why some people would not like it.
The difficulty, the general obtuse RPG mechanics and gameplay, the dark atmosphere, it can be overwhelming.

Nabs

Mark Of The Ninja is kinda janky at points. Sometimes the checkpoints are all screwed up, stuff doesn't reset properly (well, it's kinda nice to have what you were using the last time you died instead of what you had on the checkpoint) and just now on the final room of the mission 7, the counter disappeared when I restarted, but got into the checkpoint (of some sort?). Solution: stand in place until I could "halfway there" to be teleported into a new checkpoint when I died. Which was directly in front of a dog I couldn't avoid.

Then I was waiting for the counter and suddenly the game spots me in the vent... two stages lower than I was at at. I get an alert, but no enemies care about me, everyone just ran into the vent and stood there.

I wonder what's going on with your game.

Sini

I encountered these extremely frustrating checkpoints as well.
They decided to put some checkpoints on top of enemy patrol routes so if you go on pacifist no alarm run and you get spotted, you have a chance of appearing in front of enemy guard with no chance of escaping in later levels.

Nice of them to announce it but not give an ETA. It's not like I'm trying to play Saint's Row 4 coop with my friend or anything.

Yea, but Steam has never been down for more than 20 minutes for maintenance in like the last 10 years :p, so it's not exactly an issue. I mean they work quick.

I love how they:

a) Delayed the accessibility of Castlevania until I was at work (at 1:30 PM, no less),

b) Designed their fruity fucking client to where it had to be restarted to register that a game is no longer "unavailable", so I could download it from work, and

c) Then went into "maintenance" when I was about 4 minutes away from being able to finally play the game I've been waiting several years to play.

Fuck you Valve. Everyone... even the intern. Fuck you.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls is one of the best games of the generation, but I can easily see why some people would not like it.
The difficulty, the general obtuse RPG mechanics and gameplay, the dark atmosphere, it can be overwhelming.
Yup, and a bit boring, if I may say it. I'd like to like it, so I'm willing to give it yet another chance, but at this point I don't have any hopes I will.

It's just that most of the people only played through the game once and they didn't try to beat levels without any alarms or kills.

I have played "no alarms" from the beginning and no kills from the stage 4. I can't stand killing anyone or getting in alerts in stealth games and I blame for Metal Gear Solid for that!

Turfster

It's just that most of the people only played through the game once and they didn't try to beat levels without any alarms or kills.

I beat all of the game without alarms or kills.
I never had any of the checkpoint problems you guys seem to have had.
Guess I was just lucky.

Kifimbo

New stuff added to post #10 and #18.

08/26/2013 - SpeedRunners - Action/Racing - DoubleDutch Games/DoubleDutch Games - $9.99 (4-Pack for $29.99)
08/27/2013 - Sid Meier's Ace Patrol - Strategy - 2K Games/Firaxis - $9.99
08/27/2013 - Space Ace - Adventure - Digital Leisure/Digital Leisure - $9.99
09/12/2013 - Card Hunter - Card - Blue Manchu Games/Blue Manchu Games - F2P
2013 - Samurai Gunn - Action - Maxistentialism/Teknopants - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Avadon 2: The Corruption - RPG - Spiderweb Software/Spiderweb Software - $XX.XX
2014 - Extraction - FPS - Nexon/Splash Damage - F2P
2014 - Victor Vran - Action/RPG - Haemimont Games/Haemimont Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior - Action - Torn Banner Studio/Torn Banner Studio - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

TBA - Endless Legend - Simulation - Amplitude Studios/Amplitude Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - Ray's the Dead - Action/Stealth - Ragtag Studios/Ragtag Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - Revival - MMORPG - Illfonic/Illfonic - $XX.XX
TBA - Vampire in Paris - Tactical RPG - Bip Media/Bip Media - $XX.XX
TBA - Wargame: Red Dragon - Action/Strategy - Eugen Systems/Eugen Systems - $XX.XX
TBA - Wayward Manor - Adventure - The Odd Gentlemen/The Odd Gentlemen - $XX.XX

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I love how they:

a) Delayed the accessibility of Castlevania until I was at work (at 1:30 PM, no less),

b) Designed their fruity fucking client to where it had to be restarted to register that a game is no longer "unavailable", so I could download it from work, and

c) Then went into "maintenance" when I was about 4 minutes away from being able to finally play the game I've been waiting several years to play.

Fuck you Valve. Everyone... even the intern. Fuck you.

I know you're upset, but I want to take a moment to remind you that many, many people consider the word "fruity" a slur against gay people.

maty

Always sell, unless you really need the cards or are the luckiest devil in the world.

Or if the booster pack is selling for less than the 3 cards separately (which is more frequent than what you would think), you might as well open it and see if you get lucky.

And then sell the cards.

Overdoziz

Banned
So I'm playing I Am Alive and in the opening scenes the game tells you that you can either choose to avoid confrontations or engage in them. This is all great except that so far I'm pretty sure the only ones I've could've avoided were the ones where the game first explained me I could do so. After that I had to attack my enemies every single time.

Also, it's not exactly fun when you've gotta fight against 4 guys at the same time of which 2 have guns while you enter the fight with zero bullets without any way to go back (because you dropped down a ledge) and you die three times in a row wasting all your retries. Then you have restart from all the way back to the last checkpoint.

This game could've been so much more...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hate ADS as well, but mostly in a competitive multiplayer scenario where it lowers the skill ceiling.

I have yet to see an explanation of this that isn't nonsense or ignorance.

So I'm playing I Am Alive and in the opening scenes the game tells you that you can either choose to avoid confrontations or engage in them. This is all great except that so far I'm pretty sure the only ones I've could've avoided were the ones where the game first explained me I could do so. After that I had to attack my enemies every single time.

Also, it's not exactly fun when you've gotta fight against 4 guys at the same time of which 2 have guns while you enter the fight with zero bullets without any way to go back (because you dropped down a ledge) and you die three times in a row wasting all your retries. Then you have restart from all the way back to the last checkpoint.

This game could've been so much more...
Playing on the lowest difficulty removes the weird retry limit.

derExperte

I like that because it teaches the player to conserve resources and the game mostly stays true to that, there's no point where you start to become a killing machine.

Also can't you lure one of the gun-guys to you, grab his weapon and then shoot the other? Or kick one off a ledge. It's been a while but there should always be a solution without wasting a bullet.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Tomorrow will be a good day with Two Borthers and that TMNT game showing up.

Apparently there's some confusion about Brothers' Steam release date. Starbreeze tweeted on the 20th that both PC and PS3 were coming in 2 weeks, i.e., Sept 3.

I assume that information supersedes the earlier press release saying Steam was Aug 28th.

Overdoziz

Banned
I like that because it teaches the player to conserve resources and the game mostly stays true to that, there's no point where you start to become a killing machine.

Also can't you lure one of the gun-guys to you, grab his weapon and then shoot the other? Or kick one off a ledge.
I don't want to become a killing machine, but when the game forces you to kill everyone before proceeding than how can I prevent that? I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and I've only gotten a handful of bullets total, most of which I (have to) use the moment I get them. When you're facing 4 people at the same time it's incredibly hard to kill one of them while the others aren't there to finish to off, especially when you're in a quick time event which takes ages. If there's a group with more than one person with a gun it just becomes a bit silly.

derExperte

I don't want to become a killing machine, but when the game forces you to kill everyone before proceeding than how can I prevent that? I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and I've only gotten a handful of bullets total, most of which I (have to) use the moment I get them. When you're facing 4 people at the same time it's incredibly hard to kill one of them while the others aren't there to finish to off, especially when you're in a quick time event which takes ages. If there's a group with more than one person with a gun it just becomes a bit silly.

Okay, I played on normal where you get more stuff and it's well balanced. I don't think it's a good idea to directly start with 'Survivor' because you have to do everything very efficiently and some sidequests not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom