• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
New thread already? You guys have been busy.

Gbraga

no, I never finished it. I did put some work into a second pose but if I ever do finish it is gonna take a while. It's a bunch of work animating the robe properly and stuff

I only put up an older quick version on the game's artwork page since there was nothing there

8842E6E1374E10CF477820279F6D36A67D8DCBBE

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168552921

got 72 likes so far so I guess people really want it. I feel bad now

That would seriously make me consider double dipping on the PC version even though I didn't even installed the PS3 one that I bought on release.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
And DS3 :( It feels wrong to only have the first two in your library...
Yeah. I don't feel like activating them on Steam because of that so EA won with DS, Mass Effect and Crysis. Plus there's really not much incentive beyond game count and hours played since they don't have any Steam-specific features either, and you can still take and post screenshots if you launch them through the client. And I think you still have to make an EA account if you play the Steam versions? I had to with Alice, not sure if it applies to the other games.

Grief.exe

Hey, did my best to help out in the Betrayer discussion. Idk if you saw my post, but hopefully people there will read it and have a better understanding of Early Access and indies

I feel bad for Blackpowder games having to deal with all of that fallacious and illogical statements.

I basically abandoned ship though, once I started thinking of posting ad hominem attacks because they were making me so angry. I just closed the tab and left.

large.gif

After this Origin bundle thingy, I'm hoping for a Ubisoft bundle. PWYW for Steam + Uplay keys for I Am Alive, Rayman Origins, a Far Cry game, an Assassins Creed, From Dust...

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Betrayer bought, only thing I'm worried about is as stated my headset broke and I haven't bought the new headphones yet so I'll be playing using TV speakers and given how the game is designed I'm not sure how it'll go.

Speaking of, what are the recommended clip on mics or something of that nature from people who use headphones? Would like it to work on the PC and PS3 if possible.

Are you in the US?
Ja.

BibiMaghoo

A bit of a question and a moan at the same time, but:

I grabbed the steam key for the complete GTA bundle from Greenman, and activated, but it has added duplicates of most of the games, and it appears they are Mac versions, as I cannot install them?

Any way to get rid? Is this a fuck up?

That seems a bit daft.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Can't redeem anything on Origin, I was hoping that when I got home the servers would be less overloaded.

A bit of a question and a moan at the same time, but:

I grabbed the steam key for the complete GTA bundle from Greenman, and activated, but it has added duplicates of most of the games, and it appears they are Mac versions, as I cannot install them?

Any way to get rid? Is this a fuck up?

That seems a bit daft.
No way to get rid of them and it's not a fuck up. Like Civ IV, it's just like that.

garath

After watching some Payday 2 streams today I'm a little sad I didn't jump on the pre-order discount. Guess I'm waiting for the first sale. Game seems fun though!

Steam Key for Crysis 2

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-31FBA27999A9287F - Taken by kevin1025

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

So yes, the IRS is requiring Valve to collect your social security number and tax details due to a new law enacted last year.

However, they're not required to hand anything over to the IRS unless your sales exceed $20,000 in the calendar year.

And even then, I'm waiting for someone to cause a stink with the IRS over this since you're "selling" in a non-fiat currency (Steam $).

EDIT: I should point out that if your sales *DO* exceed $20,000 annually you'll be required to declare this as income on your taxes. Also there is some talk of reducing this number for next year.

Retne

So which one do people recommend KOF or Skullgirls? Budget is for only one.

I'm gonna tell you to buy Skullgirls but I honestly haven't played KOF so I can't properly compare the two. All I can do is tell you I've been having a blast with Skullgirls.

I had never gotten deep at all in fighting games and the tutorial in Skullgirls got me up to speed enough to understand hit-confirms, canceling into stuff, and all the other stuff people talked about with fighting games that made me scratch my head and wonder what they were talking about.

It's made me want to go deep on this game and actually get good at it. I don't plan on putting the game down any time soon and the only reason I boot anything else up these days is if a friend wants to play coop/multiplayer with me.

So which one do people recommend KOF or Skullgirls? Budget is for only one.

Skullgirls has pretty damn great netcode and a dev that not only listens, but is right here on Gaf (Ravidrath). KOF's PC netcode is tbd.

Both communities (at least on Gaf) seem pretty receptive to new people picking it up.

If you absolutely had to buy one right now/next week I would recommend Skullgirls, but definitely give KOF a shot sometime down the line when you can.

Humble stuff:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-884DD6A8F2D1034C - Taken by JDHarbs
Dead Space -- MB-EBC20878688FC6B6 - Taken by C00kie M0nster
ORIGIN Dead Space 3 -- MB-7BC317932C61DAE8 - Taken by Eanan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom