• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my first 30 minutes with Betrayer. (from the indie games thread)

Really liking what I'm seeing from Betrayer.

The game immediately starts you off on a beach after an apparent shipwreck. No fancy cutscenes or even text introducing you to the character. You're given a bow and taught basic things like what your use and melee attack keys are and that crouching helps you sneak around. You can loot treasure chests and crates for gold and enemies drop weapons that you can use or sell. The death penalty in this game is exactly like Dark Souls, when you die you drop all of your gold and have to go back and pick it up.

The game is a little light on the graphics options right now, all you have is the ability to set it it Low, Med, and High. Kinda strange for a PC exclusive game, but it is still in alpha. Some people have been complaining about eye strain due to the Black and White art style, but that wasn't really a problem for me.

So yeah, these are just my thoughts after about 30 minutes.

Razorskin

----- ------
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-4FF62131A3F094C7 - Taken by KevinRo
enjoy

denx

I
I had never gotten deep at all in fighting games and the tutorial in Skullgirls got me up to speed enough to understand hit-confirms, canceling into stuff, and all the other stuff people talked about with fighting games that made me scratch my head and wonder what they were talking about.

It's made me want to go deep on this game and actually get good at it. I don't plan on putting the game down any time soon and the only reason I boot anything else up these days is if a friend wants to play coop/multiplayer with me.

I did the tutorials in Skullgirls. Then forgot pretty much everything they meant to teach me. I really don't have brain space for fighting games. x(

Also, EA bundle, Thief collection on sale and a fuckton of giveaways... dis a good day.

Nice thread title.

EDIT: thanks Krusenstern for Medal of Honor!

BruteUA

I hope I did this right. All the beat the average games except Riptide.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deep Silver Bundle -- MB-70688ECF925B3ECD - Taken by Eanan

Man, the performance is kind of fucked. Get the same drops to the mid 40s when moving the cursor at the beach at 1080P as I do at 2880x1620

Combined with the screentearing and art style it's kind of nauseating :D

Edit: Do have it set to maximum quality though. But ugh, it really runs more poorly than it should. But hey, alpha!

denx

I think next week's unlocks will be Crysis 1 + Warhead, Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3 Premium Edition upgrade.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Satazius STEAM -- MB-B7A6A4985377D800 - Taken by Tellaerin

Bought this on Steam last sale and now they've added steam keys on Doujin Bundle.

Still can't get past stage 2, god I'm so bad at shooters.

garath

Guess I'll wait till later tonight to redeem my stuff on Origin. Going very slow atm.

I'm hoping for a steam key of either Bulletstorm or Kingdoms of Amalur. Both would be great though!

God I keep forgetting I own Amalur on Origin. I never load up Origin.

No way the EA bundle will include a steamkey for Amalur. They don't own the Steam version. I think it might still be the state of Rhode Island.

rookiejet

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- -- MB-858F7E52D5D7F09C - Taken by schwupp

I have no space for dead space. Give me some alive space, EA!

jtb

Banned
cross posting from the OT:

Can anyone tell me how the optimization for Europa Univeralis IV is on OSX (it's steamplay right...)? Because CK2 ran like absolute shit on MBA's out of the gate because Paradox didn't bother coding for the Intel integrated chipsets, despite this being anything but a graphical powerhouse (and it runs perfectly smoothly on Bootcamp, though I'd really prefer not to have to boot up Windows just to play Paradox games with the tiny SSD, etc.). This is pretty important to whether I buy it or not atm.

Turfster

Dad, give me some space.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-884C4D9BD6085140 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Grief.exe

Man, the performance is kind of fucked. Get the same drops to the mid 40s when moving the cursor at the beach at 1080P as I do at 2880x1620

Edit: Do have it set to maximum quality though. But ugh, it really runs more poorly than it should. But hey, alpha!

Optimization is usually one of the last things to go into a game's production. Couple that with the fact that manufacturers haven't optimized their drivers and you have a problem.

cross posting from the OT:

Can anyone tell me how the optimization for Europa Univeralis IV is on OSX (it's steamplay right...)? Because CK2 ran like absolute shit on MBA's out of the gate because Paradox didn't bother coding for the Intel integrated chipsets, despite this being anything but a graphical powerhouse (and it runs perfectly smoothly on Bootcamp, though I'd really prefer not to have to boot up Windows just to play Paradox games with the tiny SSD, etc.). This is pretty important to whether I buy it or not atm.

its running about the same as ck2. choppy and slow.

Retne

I'm hoping for a steam key of either Bulletstorm or Kingdoms of Amalur. Both would be great though!

They don't have publishing rights to Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam. I believe those rights lay with Rhode Island.

I'm hoping for an Origin code for Alice so I have at least some way of going back and playing a little of the first game since I managed to lose my old CD. Barring that I certainly wouldn't say no to a DA:O steam key. I never really got into the series but I've heard very good things about DA:O.

I'd be surprised if DS2 wasn't one of the game revealed next week. It seems to be the shoo-in right now.

At least there is an option to turn off mouse smoothing!

Prophane33

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg

Mirror's Edge -- MB-A55BACA2D22E18EC

Paying it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom