• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished all the content in the Assault Android Cactus demo. Little laser dude is OP.

Probably not a game for me because I get bored with the style and don't have friends to play with. But it is really well put together and I think it would be a blast in coop.

Why is steam's last online thing always so screwy? I haven't been online for 7 hours, 49 minutes apparently despite that definitely not being the case.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like today's maintenance finally fixed the bug where their API was returning every free subscription on Steam when calling GetOwnedGames. So the library feature in Enhanced Steam should be back to normal now finally. :)

Acccent

Dark Souls

I went through the Demon Ruins fairly easily, killed the dinosaur bottoms for fun in Lost Izalith, got rid of the first two bosses and Bed of Chaos... I love the Lord Soul bosses all have a gimmick of some kind, it's not just evade/block/attack, there's always a 'trick'. Kill the Four Kings as fast as possible to avoid being surrounded, find a way to get to Seath' crystal (via invisible paths!), avoid falling though the crumbling floor to destroy BoC's core... and now I've just faced Nito after going through the Catacombs - pretty terrible areas, imo - and I actually had to stop trying using 'brute force', and go forge a divine weapon to kill those pesky skeletons in order to beat the boss.

So now I think I have to face Gwyn, but since it's probably the end of the game I'm spending some time revisiting old areas to see if I missed something. I'm not sure the AotA content can be accessed after Gwyn either, so I'll do that.

Anyway while wandering around, kindling random bonfire, I stumbled upon the entrance to Gwyn's tumb and decided to join the Darkmoon Covenant. Except after I joined, I entered the white fog... One thing that's both cool and frustrating with Dark Souls is that it doesn't give you warnings or second chances. I mean, Gwyndolin did tell me to "halt" but then you have the fog which you've been trained for the whole game to enter, I thought it just lead to an area reserved to covenant members. Anyway, now I have to either kill him/her (is it a girl or a boy?) or pay 48000 souls for absolution, which is a pain. But that's what I'll probably do...

edit: oh also
Onionbro died! :'( in the Ash Lake :( so sad

amrod

My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows Mini Review

- 0 Graphics options except to change res
- Maxes out at 1920x1080
- Starts default in a window
- Most moves are move the stick forward and press A (Jump over Gap or to roll)
- Plays like it was ment for a 5 year old...

pixlexic

Banned
bought turtles.

+ looks ok.

- that is about it. Remember everything that made the old 90s arcade games awesome? this game has absolutely none of that... at all.

dot

Valve really needs to make the block feature better.

The person that i'm blocking still shows up everywhere else, apparently it only blocks communication between the two of us and that's it. They can still see what i'm doing and when i'm online. Seems rather pointless and useless. :/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Valve really needs to make the block feature better.

The person that i'm blocking still shows up everywhere else, apparently it only blocks communication between the two of us and that's it. They can still see what i'm doing and when i'm online. Seems rather pointless and useless. :/

You can make your profile more private to show only friends. I believe if you block them after a day or so it makes it so that they're classified as "Defriended" and thus see the brick wall of your blank profile.

NZNova

This whole "you can't buy a steam copy from anywhere other than directly through steam" thing with ubisoft games is really annoying. No, Ubisoft, I don't want a UPlay key, I just want Splinter Cell on Steam without getting reamed by Aus/NZ overpricing.

The "life goes on" demo really sold me on the game. Took me a little bit to work out what was going on, but then I enjoyed solving the puzzles.

Shame it doesn't have a release date yet, but will get it day 1.

HoosTrax

Does anyone else have this issue where their playtime counters get reset randomly? This is the second time it's happened to me. I'm showing 0.7 hours total for Payday 2 and 1.4 hours for the two week period.

derExperte

Does anyone else have this issue where their playtime counters get reset randomly? This is the second time it's happened to me. I'm showing 0.7 hours total for Payday 2 and 1.4 hours for the two week period.

It's still correct in the library's detail view. So there's hope they'll fix it.

Edit: Fixed!

Blizzard

Banned
My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows Mini Review

- 0 Graphics options except to change res
- Maxes out at 1920x1080
- Starts default in a window
- Most moves are move the stick forward and press A (Jump over Gap or to roll)
- Plays like it was ment for a 5 year old...

bought turtles.

+ looks ok.

- that is about it. Remember everything that made the old 90s arcade games awesome? this game has absolutely none of that... at all.

The Steam store screenshots look TERRIFYING. These posts almost sound better than the screenshots. :p

derExperte

Quick question on the Nuuvem store. I live in Australia, if I buy Saints Row IV from Nuuvem, will I get the uncensored version?

http://forum.nuuvem.com.br/topic/1587-saints-row-iv-key/page-6#entry16887

"From the launch moment on, Nuuvem sells only Brasil regionally locked keys."

So theoretically if you buy a key and use VPN to activate it you should have an uncut SR4. But better search for someone that has tried exactly that.

Did Pixel Junk Monsters not break the top 100 when it released? I'm not seeing it in the top sellers list. :(

Why should it? I mean I know it was a success on PS3 but it's old, there was almost 0 hype/interest before release and they want too much money. 18,99€ for a long delayed port? There's not even a demo.

Exuro

Why should it? I mean I know it was a success on PS3 but it's old, there was almost 0 hype/interest before release and they want too much money. 18,99€ for a long delayed port? There's not even a demo.
I find it surprising with it being featured on the main store page that it didn't even break the top 100. I didn't imply that it should be on there. I guess the price is too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom