• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

It's boring, not a single interesting location for example, that's only issue I had, then again I had this issue with series. Dunno why people like ME trilogy so much, unless it gets huge bonus for being sci-fi.

I like the character interactions, being a FemShep renegade and, well, sniping heads off of people.

JSoup

Banned
It's boring, not a single interesting location for example, that's only issue I had, then again I had this issue with series. Dunno why people like ME trilogy so much, unless it gets huge bonus for being sci-fi.

Can't speak for others, but for me it was the exposition. I have a weakness for exposition, particularly interesting exposition. And every damn character you can have a dialog tree with has a story or some kind.

Acccent

Mass Effect 3 is one of my best gaming experiences ever and the ending, while not astonishingly good, was okay enough not to negatively impact the journey that lead to it.

edit: and I usually don't really like scifi

I didn't initially get why people were on about it, I thought the unedited ending wasn't horrible. I'd certainly seen worse from video games and other scifi. Admittedly the fixed endings were better, but still.

I had no problem with the ending.

I had every problem with how it was written. Locking all the other writers out? Waiting until the last few months to come up with it?

Casey Hudson, even above David Gaider, seems to have bought into the "We're BioWare, We're The Shit" mindset wholesale. I mean, who the fuck, in the design document, puts "that classic BioWare story"? YOU'RE FUCKING PITCHING IT TO BIOWARE.

Damn, I want this ha. I've never bought an online code off amazon us (uk citizen), how do I go about doing that? Simple as putting in a fake billing address?

Yeah, use your credit card and you name, but a random address. Not sure if it can be completely fake, but I use the address of a hotel for example. Other people use the address of Google's HQ.

Eanan

So, what was exactly the beef people had with Mass Effect 3?

Other than Origin being Origin issues, I love the game so far and I'm nearing the endgame.

Lets hope TF2 keys increase eventually, as I have about 30 keys in my inventory that I bought sub €1.50 that id sell for a decent profit.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Amazon just started their "Late Summer Sale"

Here's the entire list of deals on reddit
so I was looking at the offers and...

y8OjHxf.jpg

omg nostalgia... though they probably suck when you aren't a kid...

Addnan

F1 2013 £21.60 at GMG with 20% off normal edition. Hopefully get the Classic and a 25% off coupon. Classic at £26.99 I can handle.

Grief.exe

If anyone wants to split the Sega Action Pack, I just want Binary Domain.

Aliens Vs. Predator
Binary Domain - Grief.exe
Condemned: Criminal Origins - Frank Jaeger
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Vikings Battle for Asgard

The Fable bundle, is it Steam, Steam + GFWL or GFWL only?

It says DRM: Steam at the very top of the page, and if you click on Fable III it brings you to the Steam Key version on Amazon.

Zeliard

Just went to snag Civ V - Brave New World for the $15 deal and had a -$10 promotion auto-applied that I'd forgotten about, so the total came out to a delicious $5.

The promotion was from a Bioshock Infinite pre-order deal that offered $30 back on 2K games (I also got Infinite's DLC Season Pass for free due to it).

Yep, that was a good deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Then what's the point getting it? From what I have heard Fable 3 is kinda a bad game

Microsoft may patch out GFWL in the future. You're right, though: it's not a particularly good game in any respect (regenerative health, significant reuse of Fable 2 assets, strong focus on social elements, a novel though poorly-executed level up system, etc.), and I say this as a fan of the previous two games.

PriitV

The Humble Paradox Bundle Has Begun!

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites!

Of course, some of our fans aren’t very humble at all, and they’ll want to make a bigger donation. Which is why, if you donate more than $125, you get The Big Kahuna package… a copy of EVERY SINGLE PARADOX GAME on Steam (not including Europa Universalis IV or DLC packages)!

Let the humility commence! Find out all the details and pick up your bundle at https://www.humblebundle.com
Yay

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So, what was exactly the beef people had with Mass Effect 3?

Other than Origin being Origin issues, I love the game so far and I'm nearing the endgame.
In my case it was the sidequest management, weird use of RPG elements, focus on action,
making you fight humans and fucking mechs for most of the game
, Kai Leng (though I didn't hate him that much), enemies that 1-hit KO you (which totally sucks when playing as a Charge+Nova spamming Vanguard), lack of town/city hubs, no weapon holstering and a dreadful ending (haven't played any DLC except for From Ashes and the extended cut).

Oh, and ruining the conversation system with your crew, making it like it was with the DLC characters in ME2 (press Action to hear a line from them) instead of the dialogue wheel in any other instance of conversation. And there are MANY times where Shepard talks in autopilot, instead of letting me choose what to say. The ending is worth mentioning again, because it's that bad.

I didn't initially get why people were on about it, I thought the unedited ending wasn't horrible. I'd certainly seen worse from video games and other scifi. Admittedly the fixed endings were better, but still.
Putting a god-like creature out of nowhere, who gives me a pretty stupid explanation for the events of the whole series, which in turn contradicts something big that I did less than 3 hours ago, while not being able to tell him that, and then giving me 3 options that only differ in the color used in a small cutscene and if I take a breath in the end or not -oh, and whether my crew has circuits on their skin- is not my idea of a good ending.

Especially when coupled with the original final message (pre-extended cut) that pretty much says "Dude, you beat the game. Don't forget to buy the DLC!"

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The ending is worth mentioning again, because it's that bad.
Multi-colored happiness.
I kinda liked what I played, but there was so much bang-bang. That made me lose interest. And there was waaaay less talking and choices, just absurd, and the frigging questlog was broken. Made me sad.
Maybe I should give it another try though, didn't play a whole lot of it. Loved the other ME's.

(+1 something to whoever get's the reference)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Multi-colored happiness.
I kinda liked what I played, but there was so much bang-bang. That made me lose interest. And there was waaaay less talking and choices, just absurd, and the frigging questlog was broken. Made me sad.
Maybe I should give it another try though, didn't play a whole lot of it. Loved the other ME's.

(+1 something to whoever get's the reference)
Exactly. There was one mission in particular that almost made me stop playing, because it involved kilking a stupid mech while being assaulted in all fronts by enemy soldiers.

I don't want to play a shooter, I want to play a sci-fi space soap opera with exploration elements, which is why I loved ME1 so much. Don't take me wrong, ME3 still managed to have some great scenes and dialogue, but overall I can't say it's a good game. It's too flawed for me to really like it, even more when I compare it to the previous games.

Acccent

Not sure how you call it an "unfocused, mess" after the Origin bundle, but each to their own...

it having an ORIGIN bundle is precisely part of why it's unfocused. Do you really consider EA, of all companies, to be a good choice for something that calls itself 'humble'? They could very well host their own bundle on their own site. And now a 'comedy' bundle? what does that even have to do with games? I'm not saying it's a bad deal, or that I don't want this to exist, but the humble bundle name isn't associated with anything in particular anymore, and I don't see why they'd stick with gaming-related charities at this point.

Copons

it having an ORIGIN bundle is precisely part of why it's unfocused. Do you really consider EA, of all companies, to be a good choice for something that calls itself 'humble'? They could very well host their own bundle on their own site. And now a 'comedy' bundle? what does that even have to do with games? I'm not saying it's a bad deal, or that I don't want this to exist, but the humble bundle name isn't associated with anything in particular anymore, and I don't see why they'd stick with gaming-related charities at this point.

While I'm with you on picking less known companies, it should be said that EA didn't get a single cent from Origin Bundle.

Just got the Paradox newsletter saying there's a Humble Paradox Bundle today

humblebundle-banner700x280.jpg

8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT)

This is a good day.

You're right.

There's nothing humble about charity.

Only things you like should do charity drives.

Acccent

While I'm with you on picking less known companies, it should be said that EA didn't get a single cent from Origin Bundle.

Yeah, it's a very generous move from them and it's pretty awesome overall, but again, they could just have hosted it themselves. Now I get the impression that the Wolfire guys - if they are still the ones who handle the humble bundles - just pick whatever they can think of or comes their way without any distinction whatsoever. Up until the bundle... 6, I think?, when you were told that a new humble bundle was available you knew it was a superb deal of 'top-tier' indie games. Now you might as well be browsing Groupon.

You're right.

There's nothing humble about charity.

Only things you like should do charity drives.
Where did I say this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom