• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

O Tavares

Neo Member
....when the heck did I buy Bit.Trip Runner 1?!

Please do play that. It's probably my favorite indie game. I previously bought it on WiiWare and had to double dip on Steam. I'm now after 100% completion. After 20h of play time on the steam version, i'm almost there.

liezryou

Well damn, i shoulda bought the doujin bundle. Croixleur actually looked like a good game.

saoirse posted the date of half life 3 release

So same old same old?

Nintendo 2DS.

Da fuk.

Humble Origin Bundle ended
A new Humble Bundle started

Yeah seems like humble is going to be running a humble scifi bundle at this rate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The devs who worked on those F2P games were probably fired a long ass time ago. DF is still around to do the work for this game.

My point is that it's a Microsoft-published game so it's Microsoft that has to either patch the game or have Double Fine do it.

Edit: Forgot to switch tabs.

Edit edit: Once Amazon refunds my $3, I'll buy Gun and then I'm done with the sale. The only other game I needed was RIPD.

garath

Yay. Game dev tycoon unlocks today. I watched the WTF is..? with TotalBiscut and I was originally going to pass on it but the latest blog post shows the developer took almost all of TB's complaints and addressed them. Very cool. Now we're left with what looks like a more fleshed out version of Game Dev Story with different offices and staff, etc. Should be pretty cool.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yay. Game dev tycoon unlocks today. I watched the WTF is..? with TotalBiscut and I was originally going to pass on it but the latest blog post shows the developer took almost all of TB's complaints and addressed them. Very cool. Now we're left with what looks like a more fleshed out version of Game Dev Story with different offices and staff, etc. Should be pretty cool.

He probably threatened to make multiple videos complaining about each issue he had for 10 minutes forcing them to fix it.

I decided to pass on it as well, thinking it'd be as shallow as Game Dev Story but after reading that blog post I decided to buy it from the developer.

Turfster

So apparently, Shelter is a linear experience?
Coupled with the fact that it's basically an hour long game, I guess I'll wait for sale...

Freezard

If any American gaffer would gift me Dungeon Siege Complete for PayPal, I would be grateful. Although I've played through all the games except DS2 since it was pretty meh, I did play DS3 on console and never played the DLC, plus I've played DS1 a ton. TL;DR: I need them on Steam :)

EDIT: Btw, isn't Legends of Aranna included? :(

magawolaz

Pictures?

This is the category:
6p1glzH.png

fantomena

Does the GOG version of Spelunky support controller? Think Im gonna trible dip on Spelunky. Already have it on Steam ,but want the GOG and Vita version too.

Deques

Does the GOG version of Spelunky support controller? Think Im gonna trible dip on Spelunky. Already have it on Steam ,but want the GOG and Vita version too.

Why wouldn't it support controller. Would be strange if retailers have different versions of each game. The only feature that GOG doesn't have is the daily challenge

Random steam game thoughts:

Just finished Aliens: Colonial marines. By finished I mean I played 11 minutes. I'm done.

Also played 11 minutes of Sacred Citadels? It isn't terrible, just average. It is run of the mill, middle of the road and neither here nor there. I give it a five in a bland font.

Restaurant Empire 2 got 5 minutes. It advised me if I had a "new mouse" I could use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. That was kind of cute.

Somehow racked up 3 hours of Divekick. I think I like it, but struggling because I can't seem to find anybody below a 500 ping to play against. I do like the lobby music.

Finished my first Papers Please run at 88 minutes. It didn't end well, but the game is pretty great. Kind of a weird thing to play, but extremely interesting.

magawolaz

Can you re-create the category, or does it stop you because it already exists?
I can re-create it, but after removing the game I can still see the category in the 'Set Categories' menu.
After re-creating it I also tried to delete the category with the depressurizer but it's still there :/

Wait. Wait.

I just got a random trailer for Might and Magic X Legacy on Youtube.

The game is like Grimrock? Why didn't I know this sooner. I don't have history with the series so I did expect something totally different.

How does it compare to Grimrock? How "Early Access" is it? Do I need to buy it if Grimrock is one of my favourite games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can re-create it, but after removing the game I can still see the category in the 'Set Categories' menu.
After re-creating it I also tried to delete the category with the depressurizer but it's still there :/

The category will probably disappear if you delete userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf, but of course doing so will also require you to reorganise your library.

Wait. Wait.

I just got a random trailer for Might and Magic X Legacy on Youtube.

The game is like Grimrock? Why didn't I know this sooner. I don't have history with the series so I did expect something totally different.

How does it compare to Grimrock? How "Early Access" is it? Do I need to buy it if Grimrock is one of my favourite games?

I haven't played it myself yet, but:

- There are a bunch of impressions in this thread, and more to the point
- Buying the Early Access versions get you the DDE free-of-charge as well as a Steam version of Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven (not available separately)

Tak3n

Banned
FORCED (http://store.steampowered.com/app/249990) looks pretty fun, anyone have any impressions?

Looks like you bog standard RPG, it might be good, but this genre has been done to absolute death.... the plus side is it is cheap enough...

However I am with Total Biscuit on this, a game with Co-Op should always be a good SP game first,,, too many of these RPG's of late rely on the fact they have co-op to sell as their main point...

I don't like that, I want a good SP game and co-op as a bonus

liezryou

Looks like you bog standard RPG, it might be good, but this genre has been done to absolute death.... the plus side is it is cheap enough...

However I am with Total Biscuit on this, a game with Co-Op should always be a good SP game first,,, too many of these RPG's of late rely on the fact they have co-op to sell as their main point...

I don't like that, I want a good SP game and co-op as a bonus

I agree with that point, i just wanted to try the game because it has gladiators :p. We haven't had a good gladiator game on PC... in forever.

I haven't played it myself yet, but:

- There are a bunch of impressions in this thread, and more to the point
- Buying the Early Access versions get you the DDE free-of-charge as well as a Steam version of Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven (not available separately)

Looks like it's only 20% of the game right now and it's described as "Grimrock + humour + lots of reading + overworld."

I'm just going to wait for Grimrock 2 then. While the extra copy of M&M VI is cool, it's not 30€ cool.

Tak3n

Banned
I agree with that point, i just wanted to try the game because it has gladiators :p. We haven't had a good gladiator game on PC... in forever.

Also it looks like an adult version of Skylanders, the levels look very similar, and it has a demo for you to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom