• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some spare press keys for our early access game on GamersGate that haven't been used. I'd rather give them away on here, as you guys are always really generous with games and the like, than somewhere else.

Just wanted to check before I did that no one would have a problem with it as the game isn't on steam and I don't want it to seem like I'm using the thread to promote it.

EDIT: If it's preferable I can just give them to the first couple of people to PM me, then they can decide whether they want to use them or pass them on to friends or something.

Knurek

Buying the Early Access versions get you the DDE free-of-charge as well as a Steam version of Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven (not available separately)

JaseC, did you buy the game? Could you check whether Steam version of M&M VI has previous 5 games as well? The GOG pack sure does, and M&M 4+5 combo is pretty much the greatest PC RPG ever (eat your heart out Baldur's Gate 2).

Also, there's a new Indie Royale bundle. Nothing on Steam yet, 6 Greenlight titles. Might be of note with the 100 games submissions, we might see some of them accepted sooner or later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like it's only 20% of the game right now and it's described as "Grimrock + humour + lots of reading + overworld."

I'm just going to wait for Grimrock 2 then. While the extra copy of M&M VI is cool, it's not 30€ cool.

The game isn't region-locked in any way, so you can get a copy from a trader for 10 keys or so.

Edit: This bloke is selling it for 9.

JaseC, did you buy the game? Could you check whether Steam version of M&M VI has previous 5 games as well? The GOG pack sure does, and M&M 4+5 combo is pretty much the greatest PC RPG ever (eat your heart out Baldur's Gate 2).

It's just the one game. I wouldn't expect its release to be a precursor to Ubi bringing the rest over; more likely is that it'll be another Rayman 2 situation (available as a bonus for the nominated period, after which it'll vanish).

Also, there's a new Indie Royale bundle. Nothing on Steam yet, 6 Greenlight titles. Might be of note with the 100 games submissions, we might see some of them accepted sooner or later.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Oh, neat, Indie Royale now lets you pay in AUD rather than USD.

Nillansan

I'm actually counting on Double Fine to switch the game over to Steamworks which will hopefully fix the issue I was having with getting a 4th player to connect properly.

They have actually said that they will approach Microsoft about patching out GFWL and integrating Steamworks. That was a while ago though.

They also said that they intend to remove the 30 FPS restriction. Brutal Legend apparently served as the springboard for updating the Buddha Engine.

I am still holding out hope.

PriitV

Steam games now have their own EULA's?
yULMxKo.png

v0rtikal

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is 67% off , $20 is still a high price though.. but it's Activision you know.

The Bridge is 60% off (Amazon deals btw)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
From the Paradox Forum August Newsletter:
The Humble Paradox Bundle Has Begun!

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites!

Of course, some of our fans aren’t very humble at all, and they’ll want to make a bigger donation. Which is why, if you donate more than $125, you get The Big Kahuna package… a copy of EVERY SINGLE PARADOX GAME on Steam (not including Europa Universalis IV or DLC packages)!

Let the humility commence! Find out all the details and pick up your bundle at https://www.humblebundle.com

Hopes: Deleted

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Magicka as beat the average is really weird, since they've been throwing it at our heads since the dawn of time.

Yeah - it's even free when you sign up for the beta of their new online-Magicka I thought...

Surely it must be Magicka Collection.

From the SteamDB entry, looks like it's just the base game and Caverns(?) DLC.

Tellaerin

I'm thinking this might've been lost in the crosstalk, so I'm going to quote myself here for a sec:

The Dungeon Siege Complete Pack's 75% off. Have any of you guys played those, and are they any good?

I know they're older games, but I remember being interested in them ages ago. Not sure if I should try to scrounge up that last bit of card money I need and pull the trigger, though.

Turfster

I'm thinking this might've been lost in the crosstalk, so I'm going to quote myself here for a sec:

I know they're older games, but I remember being interested in them ages ago. Not sure if I should try to scrounge up that last bit of card money I need and pull the trigger, though.

The first 2 were pretty great hack & slash games with continuous worlds without loading!
The third is rather shit, though, and totally unplayable in coop since *everyone*'s camera always centers on the main player...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'll ask again: Is there an upgrade, on Steam, from Civilization 4 regular to the GOTY?

I have a gift copy of Civ 4 on my inventory, but I don't want to redeem it if it's going to forever be the non-goty edition.

I'll ask again: Is there an upgrade, on Steam, from Civilization 4 regular to the GOTY?

I have a gift copy of Civ 4 on my inventory, but I don't want to redeem it if it's going to forever be the non-goty edition.

There is no GOTY of Civ IV, only the complete edition, which is just Civ IV+ expansions. The expansions are separate entries in the library.

Grief.exe

Tactical Intervention just added to the Steam Store.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/51100/

I got into the beta and wasn't too impressed with the free route. Looks like you had to play a couple hundred games to earn a new weapon. Some of the maps I was playing were not very inspired either, a couple of them were just a box with a route through the middle.

Tellaerin

The first 2 were pretty great hack & slash games with continuous worlds without loading!
The third is rather shit, though, and totally unplayable in coop since *everyone*'s camera always centers on the main player...

Hm. Sounds like I can pass on 3, then. 1 and 2 are also available separately for $1.74 each. Would you suggest getting them both, or am I better off just picking one out of the two?

Tactical Intervention just added to the Steam Store.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/51100/

I got into the beta and wasn't too impressed with the free route. Looks like you had to play a couple hundred games to earn a new weapon. Some of the maps I was playing were not very inspired either, a couple of them were just a box with a route through the middle.

Oh damn, I didn't know it was going to be F2P, significantly less interested now.

Turfster

Hm. Sounds like I can pass on 3, then. 1 and 2 are also available separately for $1.74 each. Would you suggest getting them both, or am I better off just picking one out of the two?

It's been... quite a while since I played the first 2, but they were basically a mixture of Diablo with party mechanics. 2 changed up a few things from the first one, with more abilities and skills and classes, but for the rest, they were quite similar.

A word of warning: apparently, the only multiplayer that still works for 1 & 2 is Hamachi LAN based... and neither steam version includes the expansions. Squenix really don't give a shit about the old games, do they? I know they weren't theirs at the start, but they could at least include the expansions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh damn, I didn't know it was going to be F2P, significantly less interested now.

I thought the game bombing as an F2P title, necessitating this relaunch, would be a wake-up call for Le, but apparently not. The rationale seems to be, "Well, we're on Steam now, so maybe F2P will work this time!"

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Tried Payday The Heist on PS3, and it looks pretty cool.
Should have grabbed it on PC during the summer sales... Now I've got to wait for the next sale. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom