• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miasmata seems to have been dropped completely by their developers.

I have it on my wishlist as well, looks quite interesting. They still have some bugs to fix and haven't replied on the forums in yonks.

That sucks, wasn't it just two brothers or something? Who knows, maybe they got hired somewhere. Maybe they made so little, they moved on. Bad news anyway, the videos really look like something, seemed like a stepping stone to higher things too. I'll probably still buy it at some point, the bugs aren't gamebreaking?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright so I have exactly $5.01 Amazon credit and am looking for a Steam-redeemable game from their sale. I have it narrowed down to:

Thoughts? I also briefly considered Virtua Tennis 4 or Fable III but wasn't sure if anything had been mentioned about GFWL being patched out of the Steam versions yet.

jediyoshi

Tactical Intervention just added to the Steam Store.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/51100/

I got into the beta and wasn't too impressed with the free route. Looks like you had to play a couple hundred games to earn a new weapon. Some of the maps I was playing were not very inspired either, a couple of them were just a box with a route through the middle.

Just tried it, still feels like a mess from the beta. Poor gooseman.

America's Army beta also out
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203290/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Inquisitor's Standard Edition is 66% off but the DDE is still just 10% off. I hope the latter is a mistake.

Alright so I have exactly $5.01 Amazon credit and am looking for a Steam-redeemable game from their sale. I have it narrowed down to:

Thoughts? I also briefly considered Virtua Tennis 4 or Fable III but wasn't sure if anything had been mentioned about GFWL being patched out of the Steam versions yet.

I will say that Hitman 1/2 have aged very poorly. Unless you're going back to them with a lot of fond memories, you should be set with Blood Money. Also I remember hearing that R.I.P.D. is just a skinned version of the game God Mode, so if you already have that maybe avoid it.

garath

Cities in motion 2 good?

I want so many of those Greenlit games :( My poor wallet.

Definitely in for La Mulana and Papers please

Thinking about Towns and Legend of Dungeon.

Jørdan

pAO0BGW.png

Yay, Steam Guard update.

For whatever reason I get the new device detected message several times a month so I'm now essentially banned from trading as the period is 15 days each time I get one. I only use 1 PC and client to access Steam so IDFK what the issue is but I can no longer trade.

JaseC

RIPD has cards and the foils are worth a fair bit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I asked this before but didn't get any response.

Does anyone know what's happening with Cart Life?

Game seems to have a multitude of game-breaking bugs including one which renders the till unusable (which defeats the point of the entire game).

I've been on the official forums and it seems to be filled with spam as of late, and the creators Twitter makes no mention of working on a fix.

I'm genuinely surprised Steam hasn't taken him to task over it, considering the amount of upset on the games Steam discussion board.

Edit: The forum is actually down completely now due to the spam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Was considering this one merely for the foil chance and for the fact that most movie-licensed tie-in games have a history of disappearing from Steam, especially ones that bomb as badly as this one.

note that the game is also online-only and so it is at even greater risk of disappearing

PriitV

I'm not sure how I feel about early access games having sales. Some of them are priced low enough as it is already. What happens if the devs see that even when running frequent sales, the numbers are still low despite the early access warning and decide to halt the development of the game?

I'm not sure how I feel about early access games having sales. Some of them are priced low enough as it is already. What happens if the devs see that even when running frequent sales, the numbers are still low despite the early access warning and decide to halt the development of the game?

I'm very sceptical of the Early Access program in general. I don't think it's a good thing overall.

I'm very sceptical of the Early Access program in general. I don't think it's a good thing overall.

I think it makes sense for certain games, but I feel that a lot of games participating don't make much sense. I feel like simply putting the Early Access banner on the store page can be deceiving, as it's not always clear enough about what you're getting at the time of purchase. Like Dream says "Dream is currently in Alpha. Not all dreams will be accessible and levels may contain bugs and glitches" when they've described it elsewhere as only being Act 1.

Throwing the blanket term "Alpha" on something doesn't mean all that much, and it feels just an ounce shady.

JaseC

I bought Gear Up Premium and Akaneiro. If Inquisitor's DDE is knocked down by 66%, I'll grab that, too, but otherwise that's it for me... though If I manage to snag an RIPD foil, I'll buy the Interstellar Marines SE.

Darkfall caught my eye, but there's an automatic re-billing and I can't help but wonder if the game will disappear from my library if I cancel the subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom