• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can confirm that the Humble Weekly has individual Steam keys for the non-BTA games.

Phinor

Guardians of Middle Earth is such a joke. How did they expect this to do well on the PC?

You have to buy the base game, then spend at least $10 a pop on DLC and there is a massive amount of DLC at that.

To be fair (and they didn't announce this properly until this week), the DLC is just early unlocks and alternative skins. You can unlock the characters via in-game currency as well.

Also the PC version still supports gamepad if you ever wanted to play a MOBA with a.. a... gamepad?

I'm only missing Dungeonland from the bundle, so if someone has a spare I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll just buy it and give the rest away later.

The "all-time avarage" thing is absolute bullshit btw. I hope this doesn't become a thing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How does this Modbot works. I cant seem to find a tutorial in the OP.

As I said above, I'm having DNS issues right now so the answer is right now it works poorly

But beyond that, in the OP:
kx97Kb7.png

The one that says "ModBot" is the thread that explains how ModBot works.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft didn't release the game for the UK

Ah ok thanks Grief.

That actually leads me to another question. Regardless of a version of a game you buy, whether it be ROW or say an RU copy which happens to be region free via trade, is the release date for yourself always dependent on your region/where you are ? Or specifically the version you have ?

nexen

Here:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Warlock -- MB-5142FCDA64F421F6 Taken by Crayons
Europa Universalis III Complete -- MB-5734F1F508B899B4 Taken by tailmix16
The Showdown Effect -- MB-22D1017972005276 Taken by Webrunner

JustinBB7

Just finished Brutal Legend and that game was hella awesome. The writing was great to the end, and the story was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be as were the characters. And the RTS sections weren't nearly as bad as people led me to believe.

Great game and I hope there'll be a sequel one day.

You're welcome!

Really hoping for a sequel too, but I doubt it. Dunno if it even sold well..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jørdan;78952501 said:
pAO0BGW.png

Yay, Steam Guard update.

For whatever reason I get the new device detected message several times a month so I'm now essentially banned from trading as the period is 15 days each time I get one. I only use 1 PC and client to access Steam so IDFK what the issue is but I can no longer trade.

The changes Valve made aren't supposed to be affecting accounts that have already had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days. Shit is hitting the fan in the announcement forum so I'm hoping Valve waves its magic wand and fixes the friendly fire rather than leaving people to wait two weeks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only interested in Magicka + Crusader Kings 2...

Quite disappointed by the locked BTA price.

Yeah I thought that was shady too. The *actual* average payment is down to about $3.

Crayons

Banned
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Warlock -- MB-8D2A2A46A63454E5 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
The Showdown Effect -- MB-80A217B9525BFE39

PSA: Everyone buy Primordia if you like point and click adventure games. I haven't beaten it yet but I'm many hours in and it's incredible. The voice acting is great (main guy is voiced by the bastion voice actor) and the writing and puzzles are great. It's a ton of fun and a no brainer at this price.

Sold! Checked out the video and it looks and sounds promising, wonder how I never heard of it before.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot won't reply to me :(

I can't do any troubleshooting right now because as I mentioned twice in the last page, I am undergoing connectivity issues that impact ModBot. But besides that, ModBot only replies when there's a reply to send--either you won something or you've generated a giveaway or whatever

Fox318

As I said above, I'm having DNS issues right now so the answer is right now it works poorly

But beyond that, in the OP:
kx97Kb7.png

The one that says "ModBot" is the thread that explains how ModBot works.

How does this "OP" work?

Do I need to use donate my blood to use it?

PriitV

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Warlock -- MB-CB4AB0BD7717C55A - Taken by Mugatu
Dungeonland -- MB-2D20AF313CFA93E1
The Showdown Effect -- MB-965634C8AAE4EC10
Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-9E796A45A80BFC3E - Taken by Alessandro
hf

The changes Valve made aren't supposed to be affecting accounts that have already had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days. Shit is hitting the fan in the announcement forum so I'm hoping Valve waves its magic wand and fixes the friendly fire rather than leaving people to wait two weeks.

Yeah, I figured it was an mistake, my lockout only lasts till Aug.31 00:00 for some reason.

jshackles

Anyone care to explain the price hike in CS:GO keys?

I thought you could purchase them directly from Valve for $2.49? Does it have to do with the new SteamGuard changes? Less people stealing accounts?

hey guys, a quick question: I'm from brazil, and i have an english friend who wants Football Manager 14. Would i be able to buy it from Nuuvem for him, or the keys are region blocked?

Deadstar

Just finished Brutal Legend and that game was hella awesome. The writing was great to the end, and the story was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be as were the characters. And the RTS sections weren't nearly as bad as people led me to believe.

Great game and I hope there'll be a sequel one day.

The RTS sections weren't bad, but they weren't good either. I'm not sure why they didn't look at the game Sacrifice to see how to do it correctly. Sacrifice is basically the Brutal Legend RTS mode, but done better. I'm hoping for a sequel to Brutal as well. It easily has more metal than any of their other games combined.

jshackles

Price of keys in brazil has been raised.

The price was lower in Brazil. It was just 4 BRL, which made the keys so cheap. Valve raised the price to 5.50 BRL or something. I'm wondering if they'll do this with TF2 or DOTA as well.

Ah gotcha. Thanks!

Nabs

The Rayman game key got added to the registry, so it won't be long until some people can play the game. Restart Steam if you had a key issue.

Eanan

hey guys, a quick question: I'm from brazil, and i have an english friend who wants Football Manager 14. Would i be able to buy it from Nuuvem for him, or the keys are region blocked?

I too would like to know this. As sub €20 for FM 14 is a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom