• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning NeoGAF. So many bundles and sales.

But prison architect is the one that matters most:

weintherervsa5.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Warlock -- MB-C9A8305137E56253 - Taken by Tellaerin
Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-5CC54029AEEEFF6E - Taken by Natty1

The_Monk

Morning NeoGAF. So many bundles and sales.

But prison architect is the one that matters most:

How are you liking it fellow GAFfer? I'm very curious about this one
and Game Dev Tycoon, KR0, Papers Please, Shadowrun Returns, WHY wallet why.
Is it one of those games you end up playing for hours and hours, lost in time?

Thanks in advance good sir.

How are you liking it fellow GAFfer? I'm very curious about this one
and Game Dev Tycoon, KR0, Papers Please, Shadowrun Returns, WHY wallet why.
Is it one of those games you end up playing for hours and hours, lost in time?

Thanks in advance good sir.

I've only played a couple of hours because the problem I have with it is fundamental. It is being improved so much each month that I don't want to play much of it. It is the same with Don't Starve, I want to wait until it is "complete" so I don't burn myself out.

So I'd be inclined to wait on games with this model from here on end.

But the time I have spent with it has been very good. It is a well put together sim and there is a large amount to sink your teeth into.

New market restriction thing? Dang, I don't use cookies. Looks like I'm not going to use browser-based Steam any time soon.

I'm glad to see Papers, Please and Divekick on sale, but I don't have any money presently.

The_Monk

I've only played a couple of hours because the problem I have with it is fundamental. It is being improved so much each month that I don't want to play much of it. It is the same with Don't Starve, I want to wait until it is "complete" so I don't burn myself out.

So I'd be inclined to wait on games with this model from here on end.

But the time I have spent with it has been very good. It is a well put together sim and there is a large amount to sink your teeth into.

Thank you very much for your impressions fellow GAFfer. Sems that many hours can be spent in that game indeed.

I can relate that with Don't Starve. Every now and then I get yet, another update so I ended up waiting a bit and will be back to it after the updating stops a bit.

Cru

enjoy

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-A89598AEBB09D489 - Taken by Servizio

Since the Humble Origin sale is now over I thought i should give this away. Hope this is the right thread for Origin keys.

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Battlefield 3 -- MB-525FACB809856988 - Taken by Pakkidis

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Metacritic Best of 2013 So Far (PC)
#1 BioShock Infinite - 94
#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88
#7 The Swapper tied with Papers Please - 87
#9 Saints Row IV, tied with Europa Universalis 4, StarCraft 2 HOTS, Tomb Raider - 86
#13 Trials Evolution, tied with Bit.Trip Runner 2, DmC - 85
#16 Rogue Legacy, tied with Out of the Park Baseball 14 - 84
#18 Gunpoint, tied with Race the Sun and Castlevania LoS - 83

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I have taken your copy of Mark of the Ninja and in it's place left an ornate thank you card, all without leaving a trace. Except for the card, I mean.

9s3HZK3.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Senator Soufflé;79003701 said:
I'm very tempted to get this. That screenshot makes me want it more.

I notice as soon as I get paid, loads of things come out at once.

Sigh.
Sadly I can't say I'm a fan of being able to change characters' names in games. Last time a game allowed it, I ended up breaking Monk's car's tires and losing the food or something like that.

He made me realize I'd be a terrible zombie apocalypse surviving partner :(

These games deserve money. Not every games needs to be bought at a discount.
And why is that? Who decides which games deserve money and which doesn't? Why doesn't every game deserve to be bought on sale, and why are you denigrating some games by saying they do?

A game needs to be bought at the price the customer feels it's worth. No more, no less (well, it could always be less).

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

The Showdown Effect -- MB-4FF0995AD2F6399D - Taken by crimsonheadGCN

Pakkidis

So apparently You have to be a US citizen to enjoy amazons summer sale for pc download games :( Why? What do they have against Canada.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently You have to be a US citizen to enjoy amazons summer sale for pc download games :( Why? What do they have against Canada.
Nothing at all. You can use a US address and buy from there.

Christ sakes man :/. It was released recently and you're asking for half off? C'mon son.
What's the problem with that? He doesn't feel it's worth the asking price.

And he never asked for a better sale, he said he'll wait for one.

#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88
#9 Saints Row IV, tied with Europa Universalis 4, StarCraft 2 HOTS, Tomb Raider - 86
Dat Bioshock score inflation.

r3n4ud

Well there have been great deals like that. There are games not even released that have gotten steep discounts.

I'm sure there have been. But, were they quality games such as Papers?

#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88

Loving the indies that are there! The devs deserve it.

Jørdan

#4 Gone Home - 90

Great to see Gone Home place so well, it's my GOTY.

DerrickG&#8482 said:
We are going to make some alterations to the current restriction to make it less sensitive for users. Once the changes are made we will be sure to let you know ahead of time before they go live.

For now, the restriction has been turned off. You are now free to trade and/or use the market if you were hitting this.

Mercifully the Steam Guard update that killed trading for many is being rethought and we can hopefully have a workable system that is practical. Kudos.

#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88

I've only played one of those games :|

DaBoss

Haha wow, I only played Fez out of all of those so far and am not surprised to see it so high. What a brilliant game. So sad that Fez II is cancelled.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
RIPD must be doing horribly bad. I idled for cards and Raptr told me that I'm now in the top 20% of users, having surpassed 26 other Raptr users who play the game.

Grief.exe

#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88

Great time to be a PC gamer. You have to think that the AAA releases this fall will jump to the top due to marketing.

Turfster

Sadly I can't say I'm a fan of being able to change characters' names in games. Last time a game allowed it, I ended up breaking Monk's car's tires and losing the food or something like that.

I thought JaseC was a backer, and that was why he was in it with such... detailed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom