• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Metacritic Best of 2013 So Far (PC)
#1 BioShock Infinite - 94
#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88
#7 The Swapper tied with Papers Please - 87
#9 Saints Row IV, tied with Europa Universalis 4, StarCraft 2 HOTS, Tomb Raider - 86
#13 Trials Evolution, tied with Bit.Trip Runner 2, DmC - 85
#16 Rogue Legacy, tied with Out of the Park Baseball 14 - 84
#18 Gunpoint, tied with Race the Sun and Castlevania LoS - 83

Pretty good list.

Hofmann

Some of those Steam traders are just shameless. Today, one guy tried to convince me that HL2 cards are worth at least twice as much as Dream cards. Never again I will add someone I don't know, ok, except guys with nice Russian girls on their avatars.

Grief.exe

Oh didn't see LoS down there. I played that on the PS3. Glad to see it is at the bottom.
/bitter metroidvania fan

That entry was LoS:Mirror of Fate and not LoS on PS3.

Either way, not a Metroidvania. So much potential lost with Mirror of Fate, especially after the pedigree set by former portable Castlevania entries. I'm playing through Dawn of Sorrow right now, sogood.gif.

Mugatu

#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88
#9 Saints Row IV, tied with Europa Universalis 4, StarCraft 2 HOTS, Tomb Raider - 86

Huh, I kept off on buying Trials Evo during the Steam sale because I heard the PC version was such a bad port that it was almost unplayable.

DaBoss

That entry was LoS:Mirror of Fate and not LoS on PS3.

Either way, not a Metroidvania. So much potential lost with Mirror of Fate.

Oh I know that Mirror of Fate is the 2D entry, but the LoS series started the no metroidvania thing. It reminds me more of God of War now and other hack'n'slash games.

MoF was even more disappointing from playing the demo on the 3DS.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Oh I know that Mirror of Fate is the 2D entry, but the LoS series started the no metroidvania thing. It reminds me more of God of War now and other hack'n'slash games.

MoF was even more disappointing from playing the demo on the 3DS.

It's pretty, though.

That MoF demo was bad enough that I'm not even looking forward to the HD release.

Spent 5 hours playing Game Dev Tycoon today, the game is much improved from when it launched, awesome that they took feedback seriously before the steam release

bigf00t

#2 Spelunky - 92
#3 Fez - 91
#4 Gone Home - 90
#5 Dota 2 - 89
#6 Guacamelee - 88

The Swapper is definitely one of my top games of the year. More people need to check it out.

Copons

You shouldnt hate her. Marry her.

And i have the same experience with my GF. When we first met she played games like Pokemon etc. Now she plays Payday 2 with me every day and started to play Hotline Miami.

Tell her it looks awesome and ask if you can try it.

It's not a bad thing when the woman you're with starts sharing your interests. Seriously.

Sorry for the late answer but I was taking a little revenge against her playing Civ5 like hell and not talking to her for like a bazillion of civ-turns.

When I said that I hate her I didn't mean that of course! It was just that... what a world! A gf that playing games I wanna play before me? WTF has happened to all that kitchen and sandwiches stuff? :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Transcripted -- MB-D46BA60B996CD889 - Taken by Pestilence11

raffles!

It seems that Legend of Dungeon is getting trading cards soon, presumably for its official release. The devs are going to be using fan art for them and are currently running a competition to choose it, as posted here.

Also - new member here! I've already been talking to a couple of GAFfers for a while on Steam, but my account has just been approved and I'd love to have a few more GAF buddies to chat with, compare penis collection size, or simply to trounce me on the Spelunky daily challenge and leaderboards. Please feel free to add me!:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984989897/

*Tips hat to Ms. Ronan*

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Sorry for the late answer but I was taking a little revenge against her playing Civ5 like hell and not talking to her for like a bazillion of civ-turns.

When I said that I hate her I didn't mean that of course! It was just that... what a world! A gf that playing games I wanna play before me? WTF has happened to all that kitchen and sandwiches stuff? :D

It could be better. My gf is really choosy about what she'll play, mainly puzzle stuff or games she can use her arcade stick with. She loves watching me play games, though. I've even started sending my voice chat through my monitor speakers so she can join the conversation when I play with friends.

She also made a pizza from scratch last night. Only the pepperoni and sausage were store-bought. She made cheese for it.

Is there a lot more to it than Game Dev Story?

It feels like it has a bit more to it than Game Dev Story, the overall progression is fairly similar you start as one guy, slowly get better offices and hire people etc.

Has some unique things like Publishers (your games sell a lot more but you get a lot less money and you get penalties for missing review targets), MMOs (Give you a consistent flow of income overtime but have costs too so can become unprofitable), Multiplatform development and multi-genre games. Also has game engines that you have to develop which let you improve your game they're expense but if you release a sequel on a new engine it's usually reviewed better

The making games is also a bit more in depth you can fine tune your games to say focus more on story than having a strong engine.

With the Steam release they improved a lot of things, game not longer feels like it requires a wiki to be successful as you get feedback about what works with what genre

If you like Game Dev Story and want something similar on Steam I'd say it's worth it

Pakkidis

Question

I'm purchasing from Amazon PC download and beside the name of the game is says (download) and other times it says (online game code)

If it says download does that mean I HAVE to use Amazon download service and then activate it through steam?

Jawmuncher

Question

I'm purchasing from Amazon PC download and beside the name of the game is says (download) and other times it says (online game code)

If it says download does that mean I HAVE to use Amazon download service and then activate it through steam?

If it's a Steam Code you never have to use Amazon Downloader.
You still can oddly but its not needed.

Copons

It could be better. My gf is really choosy about what she'll play, mainly puzzle stuff or games she can use her arcade stick with. She loves watching me play games, though. I've even started sending my voice chat through my monitor speakers so she can join the conversation when I play with friends.

She also made a pizza from scratch last night. Only the pepperoni and sausage were store-bought. She made cheese for it.

Whoa! How the hell does she make cheese? :D

Btw we played together Walking Dead. Me on the controller and she on the decisions.
Holy cow, I was the super tender and sensitive, while she was a friggin hard bitch, don't giving a fuck about any of the people and stuff. It was like I was always on the verge of crying while she was holding a machine gun kicking zombies' asses and chewing bubblegums.

Oh my manliness, where are thee? :D

Grief.exe

Which Medal of Honor is this?!

If it is from the Humble Origin Bundle, then 2010. Warfighter came out in 2012.

Jesus Christ it is scary outside of the Steam thread. Someone hold me.

Sale thread can be an analogy for regular GAF. Stay out of those console threads, mods are mass banning due to ignorance. EDIT: Due to ignorance of the posters, not the mods.

ilCascbufrEo6.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
It was her first time. She looked up instructions online and made a bunch of mozzarella balls. They were crazy good, too.
Btw we played together Walking Dead. Me on the controller and she on the decisions.
Holy cow, I was the super tender and sensitive, while she was a friggin hard bitch, don't giving a fuck about any of the people and stuff. It was like I was always on the verge of crying while she was holding a machine gun kicking zombies' asses and chewing bubblegums.

Same here. I convinced her to play the first episode, and was horrified by her coldness. When given the choice near the end
to save the adult or the kid, she chose the adult without hesitation. I asked her why and she said he was more useful than a stupid kid.
Fucking monster.

Overdoziz

Banned
I just played some America's Army: Proving Grounds beta and it surprised me with how well it plays. Vaulting, climbing and generally moving around is really smooth, and the gunplay is good too. There are still some issues at the moment, like it being too hard to go for objectives and that the game stutters from time to time (especially when grenades explode), but overall I did not expect such a polished game. It's sort of like a mix between CS and modern day shooters. It's free so it's definitely worth checking out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I see what thou did there, and I applaud thee.

If it is from the Humble Origin Bundle, then 2010. Warfighter came out in 2012.

Sale thread can be an analogy for regular GAF. Stay out of those console threads, mods are mass banning due to ignorance.
Ignorance on the part of the posters, of course. I'm clarifying it because I don't want to see your rotten banned corpse account in a dark alley tomorrow :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Heeey, Valve finally got back to me on the "You used an US address once so now you can't fucking sell anything anymore on the market".

They want some proof that I am, indeed, a Brazilian, like ID Cards or Driver's License.

At least we're getting somewhere.

NinjaJesus311

Neo Member
I only post in NeoGaf to get rid of excess games, living the dream right guys?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Showdown Effect -- MB-3AD20B5BEF091F20 - Taken by unpurposed

Cheddahz

Banned
I need some help with Divekick, I set my resolution to 1900x1200 and it looks like it is still set in 720p and it looks like crap, any help?

Grief.exe

Ignorance on the part of the posters, of course. I'm clarifying it because I don't want to see your rotten banned corpse account in a dark alley tomorrow :(

You are right, I edited in the clarification.

I need some help with Divekick, I set my resolution to 1900x1200 and it looks like it is still set in 720p and it looks like crap, any help?

Same for me.

TB said in the WTF is the max resolution is 720p and then it upscales.

derExperte

Heeey, Valve finally got back to me on the "You used an US address once so now you can't fucking sell anything anymore on the market".

They want some proof that I am, indeed, a Brazilian, like ID Cards or Driver's License.

At least we're getting somewhere.

Looks like they sent out that request to everyone after months of doing nothing. Got this just now:

Thank you for submitting a Form W-8BEN to certify your status as a non-U.S. person. We have identified an issue with your certification that will require additional documentation to cure.

You have previously used a U.S. address in one or more purchases on Steam. Therefore, you must provide one piece of documentation indicating foreign residence along with a written explanation to substantiate foreign status. Acceptable documents include copies of the following:
Driver's license
Passport
Residence card
National identity Card
Other government issued photo-id
Birth Certificate (only acceptable for persons under the age of 18)

Please note that Valve uses a third-party validation service to receive and validate this additional documentation.

FINALLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom