• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I pre-ordered Dark Souls I from GMG, I will be doing the same with Dark Souls II

I actually almost cancelled my pre-order after GFWL usage and the rendering resolution was leaked. I'm glad I didn't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I pre-ordered Dark Souls I from GMG, I will be doing the same with Dark Souls II

I actually almost cancelled my pre-order after GFWL usage and the rendering resolution was leaked. I'm glad I didn't.

I cancelled my pre-order once news broke about the rather lacklustre port, simply because I didn't want to be stuck with a crummy port I paid near-full-price for if Durante couldn't improve it, however I bought the game when he released DSfix.

Grief.exe

I cancelled my pre-order once news broke about the game's rather lacklustre port, simply because I didn't want to be stuck with a crummy port I paid near-full-price for if Durante couldn't improve it, however I bought the game when he released DSfix.

Its funny because I followed that thread right up to release, and Durante sent out his first fix literally 15 minutes after the game unlocked for me.

Pro.

JaseC

Its funny because I followed that thread right up to release, and Durante sent out his first fix literally 15 minutes after the game unlocked for me.

Pro.

I figured it likely he'd be able to do something, but there was no way of knowing for certain until he had the game in his hands and I didn't want to take the -- admittedly small -- risk.

Incidentally, while I did use DSfix, I discovered earlier in the year that I changed the wrong line and the game was still rendering internally at its default resolution. :p I've since corrected that mistake but haven't resumed my playthrough just yet.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Fixed my Rayman Legends problem, got a new one for free!

Set the game to windowed and now it doesn't stutter, and it listens to my Hz settings. Yay!
But now it's ghosting like crazy. :(

Grief.exe

Still find it amazing that From didn't patch his fix into the game. There must be a lot of people playing the shit port.

There is a big difference between an unofficial fix and an official patch. From could not release a fix like that in its current state. They would have to repair all of the physics and other issues caused by the fix, then QA that religiously for a serious amount of time.

All of this costs resources that Namco didn't even want to pony up in the first place. The ironic thing is now Namco is doing everything it can to get its properties on Steam. Basically, Namco is content with sitting on the goodwill generated by Durante and making a profit off of it without having to spend money.

Tak3n

Banned
Might be old

But Titanfall is a cracker of a price at Nuuvem £28/$42

I am concerned to bite incase it gets region locked....
Worth the risk?

Grief.exe

Might be old

Worth the risk?

Origin doesn't usually deal in region locks. People were activating games bought off the Indian store at one point.

With that said, I would wait to see if a potential Steam release arises. There is an off chance, but a distinct possibility. Either way, that price will still be available down the road.

Addnan

Might be old

Worth the risk?

Why so early, games not due for release until next year. You could get a much better deal closer to launch.

Arthea

you wouldn't believe this...
I'm bit short on money, so I decided to pay for humble bundle just what was needed to get all games... and then I paid 1 cent less than needed. How absent minded is that? (><)
So, I've got games I could have paid $1 for.
You should learn from this sad story, to check on what for are you paying before buying.

Tak3n

Banned
Origin doesn't usually deal in region locks. People were activating games bought off the Indian store at one point.

With that said, I would wait to see if a potential Steam release arises. There is an off chance, but a distinct possibility. Either way, that price will still be available down the road.

good point, I will hold, it list Uplay, but as you say it may be get on to steam

Maybe a final release with all the DLCs a la Crysis 2

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm bit short on money, so I decided to pay for humble bundle just what was needed to get all games... and then I paid 1 cent less than needed. How absent minded is that? (><)
You should learn from this sad story, to check on what for are you paying before buying.

I think you can bump up your contribution if you want to beat the average.

You can increase the amount of payment after your initial purchase

edit:beaten

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Warlock -- MB-295286C22086E592 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Leviathan: Warships -- MB-06F26FF1CC3BCC94 - Taken by nightstorm
Europa Universalis III Complete -- MB-D467CD81AC9CAA12 - Taken by Kuroyume
I also have a CKII Steam gift to giveaway, though, we'll go with a bit of trivia for that one. If you've seen the show, it should be relatively easy. It's one of my favourites. In which tv comedy show does the lead female say "Apparently!", when angry?

Additional hint: The male lead's best friend is known for his many theories, he is also afraid of "secret listeners" while he is on the toilet.

I'll PM the first person to answer correctly and arrange the gifting from there.

The_Monk

I also have a CKII Steam gift to giveaway, though, we'll go with a bit of trivia for that one. If you've seen the show, it should be relatively easy. It's one of my favourites. In which tv comedy show does the lead female say "Apparently!", when angry?

Additional hint: The male lead's best friend is known for his many theories, he is also afraid of "secret listeners" while he is on the toilet.

I'll PM the first person to answer correctly and arrange the gifting from there.

Is it Coupling fellow GAFfer?

EDIT: Thank you kind sir!

Grief.exe

Coupling

Kuroyume

Banned

Thanks for Europa Universalis III Complete!

Go to your account/key page, click the big link that says "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" and then increase it by 1 cent. :p

Just add like five cents to put you over the average then! You can do this via page that has all the keys from that bundle:

zMd6Rt3.png

EDIT: BEATEN

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wonder, if you pay under the average price for a Humble Bundle and then the average price drops below what you paid, do you get the BTA games automatically?

JaseC

Awww..

How much of the gameplay is ruined because of uplay?

Uplay is completely innocuous. It goes down from time to time, and download speeds are rather slow in my experience, but it doesn't interfere in the slightest once you're running something.

I wonder, if you pay under the average price for a Humble Bundle and then the average price drops below what you paid, do you get the BTA games automatically?

I'm almost certain that it doesn't work like that. It doesn't matter anyway because the BTA for the Paradox bundle is fixed at $5.80 (it's some kind of all-time average for every humble bundle ever).

Games weekend deal is the FEAR series btw, £1.75 for the 1st game, £2.50 for the second. IF you've somehow not played them by now, the first is quite dated now but beloved and I'd recommend the 2nd. I liked the 3rd game but it is a good step below the 2nd, and I mostly liked the it for the co-op modes.

click

Ledsen

Games weekend deal is the FEAR series btw, £1.75 for the 1st game, £2.50 for the second. IF you've somehow not played them by now, the first is quite dated now but beloved and I'd recommend the 2nd. I liked the 3rd game but it is a good step below the 2nd, and I mostly liked the it for the co-op modes.

click

The first one is by far the best imo. The second is a huge step down and I couldn't even bring myself to play the third one for more than a couple of hours. The gunplay in the first one is brilliant even if the level design is extraordinarily boring.

How's that Deadpool game?
My friend gifted it to me during the Summer Sale. The level design was a little uninspired (caves, sewers) but besides that, everything else was fine. The humour at times had me rolling, however, it is very juvenile. It's kind of what you expect going into a Deadpool game though.

I'd say it's worth buying on sale, at around $15.
Of course Stronghammer has Rome II for $30 when I spend $31 for keys to grab it *shakes fist*
You'll probably be able to sell the TF2 items to make back the dollar. I guess you're talking more in terms of hassle, in which case, yeah, we could have got it done much quicker and easier. lol.

The first one is by far the best imo. The second is a huge step down and I couldn't even bring myself to play the third one for more than a couple of hours. The gunplay in the first one is brilliant even if the level design is extraordinarily boring.

Ah totally, I wouldn't argue against the 1st, I know alot of people love it. I came into it years after release though and just found it a bit dated, like you say, level design etc. but yes, it's agreed widely the gunplay is top notch. I really like the 2nd though, I would really recommend that to anyone.

JaseC

I didn't mind FEAR 2 when I played the PS3 version back in 2009, though I would certainly place the original above it. FEAR 3 I haven't bothered to play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom