• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Games weekend deal is the FEAR series btw, £1.75 for the 1st game, £2.50 for the second. IF you've somehow not played them by now, the first is quite dated now but beloved and I'd recommend the 2nd. I liked the 3rd game but it is a good step below the 2nd, and I mostly liked the it for the co-op modes.

click

Guess it's time I picked this up. I'm missing like two games out of this series

Uplay is completely innocuous. It goes down from time to time, and download speeds are rather slow in my experience, but it doesn't interfere in the slightest once you're running something.

well, unless you're trying to play something in co-op, such as FarCry 3.

then it'll try its best not to let you play.

Gamewise meh.

Here is a small tip if you are a deadpool fan : Go watch the first level on youtube. If you laugh you should buy it. But for a price that is good (i would say around 20$).

My friend gifted it to me during the Summer Sale. The level design was a little uninspired (caves, sewers) but besides that, everything else was fine. The humour at times had me rolling, however, it is very juvenile. It's kind of what you expect going into a Deadpool game though.

I'd say it's worth buying on sale, at around $15.

Thanks, I'll wait for it to get cheaper

The_Monk

Why does Valve send me an email at 3 AM telling me a game on my wishlist is on Sale? Do they really want me to get from bed and get the game at such hour? Why gaben why.

Why does Valve send me an email at 3 AM telling me a game on my wishlist is on Sale? Do they really want me to get from bed and get the game at such hour? Why gaben why.

Is there something that determines when you get an email like this? I got one when Chaos on Deponia was on sale recently, but several of the games on my wishlist have gone on sale since then, and I haven't gotten this email for any of them.

The_Monk

Is there something that determines when you get an email like this? I got one when Chaos on Deponia was on sale recently, but several of the games on my wishlist have gone on sale since then, and I haven't gotten this email for any of them.

I'm not really sure to be honest fellow GAFfer.

I asked toddhunter about Prison Architect last night, saying I was interested in this game, went to bed and two hours later I got that email. They might be reading my posts!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying my best not to get engaged in another discussion about the F.E.A.R. franchise. Don't want to be late for work :p

If you don't have them, get all 2 games and the expansions/DLC.

Uplay is completely innocuous. It goes down from time to time, and download speeds are rather slow in my experience, but it doesn't interfere in the slightest once you're running something.

Actually Uplay causes framerate stutter in driver SF when their servers were overloaded.
You had to restart the game in offline mode to get rid of it.
Uplay is fucking shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually Uplay causes framerate stutter in driver SF when their servers were overloaded.
You had to restart the game in offline mode to get rid of it.
Uplay is fucking shit.

Are you sure you're not confusing "Uplay is fucking shit" with "Always-online DRM is fucking shit"? Because that's what DR:SF had.

It was just the hour that it was strange fellow GAFfer.

Also, why I'm I replying to someone who just went for prison? :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79002221&postcount=11612

I did my time. :p

duppolo

difficult question: what are the best 2d zelda clones available on steam?

for now i only liked binding of isaac

what about evoland? i know its not a 2d zelda game, but its decent?
if you could buy only one, do you prefer anodyne, evoland or ittle dew and why?

Martian

So I had an idea: what if Steam went to the Apple and Android markets (I know there is an app already) and started publishing games on mobile phones?
I guess that would create a rather large revenue, right?

JaseC

So I had an idea: what if Steam went to the Apple and Android markets (I know there is an app already) and started publishing games on mobile phones?

Valve actually listed mobile development as one of the reasons why Source was ported to Linux:

valvemobile4rucr.jpg

You mean all 3 right? Because Fear 3 is a legitimately fun co-op experience worth spending the 6 or so hours with provided you have a friend.

Couldn't find a great vid, but I was going to put up something to do with F*cking Run. I loved that with 3 friends back when I had it on 360, and the horde was pretty fun too, what with Alma wondering around the map haha. I do get the love for the first, and I do get the hate for the third's campaign narrative fail, but I think often the rest of content in 2 & 3 is written off behind how good the gunplay was in the first. Particularly for how cheap the series is going in that deal, they all are worth a look in their own right,

It'll never work with Apple, Apple devices are walled gardens(which I like), I don't think they'll allow anyone other than themselves to distribute the apps.

Jintor

saw the greenlight banner.

"Ooh, what's on sale?"

"Ooh, I don't have Papers Please? Or Rogue Legacy? Oh, hey, Divekick's a greenlight game? Oh man, 8-4 talked good about La Mulana..."

Goddamnit Gaben

JaseC

Considering unlocking Ray man with a VPN. How risky is that GAF? I can't afford to get m steam account banned.

Is this a joke? In the past you've claimed that your friend had his account locked for using a VPN for this very purpose even though there exactly zero known cases of this happening to anybody else.

My god Rogue Legacy...I ended up buying it, It has my soul right now. So simple yet so ridiculously awesome.

Can't wait to die countless more times and farm gold.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You mean all 3 right? Because Fear 3 is a legitimately fun co-op experience worth spending the 6 or so hours with provided you have a friend.
Hey, it's too early to make me laugh like that.

So I'll choose to cry instead.

I feel ashamed to say this but I kinda want them for the collection :/
Why are you ashamed of that? F.E.A.R. 2 is an excellent game. It's so good that it even melted my previous video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom