• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
So I'm playing Sniper Elite V2 and I have to stop an execution by sniping an officer and his two bodyguards. I've tried over a dozen times and not a single time does the officer who's about to shoot die in a single shot. Hell, he doesn't even take damage the first shot. He just shrugs it off and tries to get away. If I try shooting his two friends they die in a single shot every single time. If I do end up killing the officer after he runs away I still have to deal with the two other guys who pretty much execute the guy straight away once they know you're trying to kill them.

A couple of times I succeeded in killing all three. What happens next is you have to protect the guy who nearly got executed as he runs right out into the street while a bunch of Germans shoot at him. It also happens to be the case that the dude dies in a single shot which is not very pleasant seeing he doesn't even bother taking cover at all.

To top it all off if you fail to protect him and he dies you have to do the section of the execution all over again too. Sigh...

garath

Sounds a lot like my run.

Except for never actually getting out of that "bank all on that sequel that for unknown reasons reviewed bad" and bankrupting.

Even with the new game report after release, I still think there's way too little information given to the player. Its still mostly a guessing game what contributes to go reviews and what the market is currently looking for to score some good sales numbers. There need to be more market analysis and a deeper dive into how to make your games better.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I was idling on Storm and got 2 drops of the same card, one regular and one foil (Autumn). The regular one is going for $0.98 in the Steam Market, but I can't seem to find any of the foil for sale. So I take that as meaning mine would be the only one in the market.

Checking some prices, it seems there's only another one foil card of this game being sold (different one), and it costs $15.20. So I don't really know how much to ask for mine, maybe $15?

EDIT: fuck it, I put it up for $20. If someone buys it, then great. If not, then I wouldn't have lost anything, and I can always put it cheaper.

fantomena

Spelunky is one of the best indie games I have ever played. Almost played 10 hours on the Steam version and I have not reached mining level 1-3 yet. Bought it today for my Vita to play on the go.

FauX

I have two steam keys from the Paradox bundle to give away:

1.- War of the Roses
2.- Europa Universalis

PM me if you want, the first two messages will get them. Don't ask me to use ModBot, I hate that Terminator wannabe :)

I'm not in my house right know, so you will need to be a little patient to get the keys...

Cheers!

Give me a free copy of Amnesia please, I want to play it side by side with my friend but I'm just a poor lowly college student ;-;
lol

Too literate to be credible!

I have two steam keys from the Paradox bundle to give away:

1.- War of the Roses
2.- Europa Universalis

PM me if you want, the first two messages will get them. Don't ask me to use ModBot, I hate that Terminator wannabe :)

I'm not in my house right know, so you will need to be a little patient to get the keys...

Cheers!

PM to you for #2 sah!

Mine's a Babycham by the way.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll pay you on Tuesday when I get a job

ZXvSuN7.jpg

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Give me a free copy of Amnesia please, I want to play it side by side with my friend but I'm just a poor lowly college student ;-;
lol
If you can please get one for me too, I wanna trade it for RAGE.

ArjanN

I've seen other people shoot this guy in the head with the first shot, but for me it just doesn't work. (Sniper Elite V2)

You're not accounting for the wind. Notice that white meter at the top when aiming down the sights? Aim more to the left or right accordingly. (in the case the right)

You also have to take into account bullet drop, so aim more above your target the farther you away you are.

On easier difficulties it gives you a dot where your bullet will land if you aim at an enemy for a couple of seconds, but (IMO) the Sniper Elite games are much more fun on the highest difficulty.

FauX

woo said:
PM to you for #2 sah!

Mine's a Babycham by the way.

I said PM, not reply or quote...

Sorry.

Oops.. You actually did PM, sorry my mistake, I'm posting from my smartphone and my plan data is utter shit. You want no. 2 right? When I arrive home I'll PM you with the key...

The other key goes to the user addnan, be patient when I arrive home to PM the key.

CHEERS!!!

Cth

Ugh.. won a trivia contest for a private steamgifts giveaway.. got the link 10 seconds after it closed :D It was for X-Rebirth and had 8 people entering..

.. and I forgot about the NeoGAF Bingo yesterday..

Just not my week/month.

:D

Overdoziz

Banned
You're not accounting for the wind. Notice that white meter at the top? Aim more to the left or right accordingly. (in the case the right)

You also have to take into account bullet drop, so aim more above your target the farther you away you are.

On easier difficulties it gives you a dot where your bullet will land if you aim at an enemy for a couple of seconds, but (IMO) the Sniper Elite games are much more fun on the highest difficulty.
I was thinking it was the wind, but I hit the other two soldiers just fine by aiming the same way without taking wind into account. I could also hit the officer easily after he ran away. Hell, two times in that video it even shows blood spurting out of his body after I 'hit' him and he's still fine. I can't be that I'm not judging the bulletdrop well enough either. I've tried shooting while aiming at different heights. Slight above him, way above him, right at his head, at his stomach. Not a single hit, not even a puff of smoke to showing me where I hit the area around him, nothing.

So I couldn't hit him every time he was still in the animation of executing that guy, but whenever he snapped out of it (after I shot my first round) I could consistently hit him. It has to be a glitch. I'll try again some other time and see what happens.

Edit: After a couple more bloodshots to the head I finally got him in one shot. yay

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finally uninstalled Dark Souls after 60 hours after this happened.

9646919363_43890e8e3f_c.jpg

First playthrough was fun, but fuck that shitty game. WHO DIES TO GAPING DRAGON

I said PM, not reply or quote...

Sorry.

Oops.. You actually did PM, sorry my mistake, I'm posting from my smartphone and my plan data is utter shit. You want no. 2 right? When I arrive home I'll PM you with the key...

The other key goes to the user addnan, be patient when I arrive home to PM the key.

CHEERS!!!

Sorry, I PM'd you first and then decided to post too so you wouldn't get plagued for PMs for the second game as it was evident I'd already asked for it.

Also, I wished to use the "Mine's a Babycham" line :p.

EDIT - I apologise FauX; I totally forgot to say thank you.

I have beggers finding me on skype now, come on

Good evening sir, I have excellent news. The princess has died and has left you 300,000,000 dollars. All you have to do is sign a paper for the Nigerian goverment which can be done by gifting me a copy of Hotline Miami. You will be transferred the money as soon as the game is on the games list.

lol- what's the story behind this?

maneil99

[11:44:12 AM] faycel15: cc bns
[11:44:34 AM] *** Call from faycel15 ***
[11:44:44 AM] Maneil Rana: who are you
[11:44:54 AM] faycel15: are yoi fine?
[11:45:05 AM] Maneil Rana: yes, who is this
[11:46:05 AM] faycel15: I am algéria and you?
[11:46:32 AM] Maneil Rana: how do you know me
[11:47:08 AM] faycel15: I dont now
[11:47:13 AM] faycel15: and you
[11:47:21 AM] *** Maneil Rana blocked faycel15 ***

He is literally the country of algeria

Turfster

Finished Blades of Time.
Had a lot of fun for a game that I basically got for free with the games I actually wanted in that Be Mine bundle.

Tellaerin

[11:44:12 AM] faycel15: cc bns
[11:44:34 AM] *** Call from faycel15 ***
[11:44:44 AM] Maneil Rana: who are you
[11:44:54 AM] faycel15: are yoi fine?
[11:45:05 AM] Maneil Rana: yes, who is this
[11:46:05 AM] faycel15: I am algéria and you?
[11:46:32 AM] Maneil Rana: how do you know me
[11:47:08 AM] faycel15: I dont now
[11:47:13 AM] faycel15: and you
[11:47:21 AM] *** Maneil Rana blocked faycel15 ***

He is literally the country of algeria

You just severed diplomatic ties with Algeria.

Wars have been fought over less, man. Wars.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oops, I wasn't aware Psychonauts had missable achievements. Thankfully I checked soon enough and only missed one that's not too far in (Witness Maloof's transformation), I'll get to it later on a separate save.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any opinions about The 39 Steps? I know it's only $1 on a Groupees bundle right now, but if it's not a good game I won't even bother getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom