• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

Oops, I wasn't aware Psychonauts had missable achievements. Thankfully I checked soon enough and only missed one that's not too far in (Witness Maloof's transformation), I'll get to it later on a separate save.

That game has some time limited achievies as well I believe. At least there were some during the summer camp.

Turfster

Does anyone have any opinions about The 39 Steps? I know it's only $1 on a Groupees bundle right now, but if it's not a good game I won't even bother getting it.

It's a visual novel based on the book.
It really is closest to an audio book with things you can examine and limited interaction pieces.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a visual novel based on the book.
It really is closest to an audio book with things you can examine and limited interaction pieces.
So if I haven't read the book, and the only visual novels I've played are the Ace Attorney games (love them a lot), do you think I may still enjoy this?

Turfster

I actually paid for it. Plan to play it soon.
I get odd enjoyment from the 6-7 range games

The DLC is... bad tho. I mean unfinished bad, and is lacking the extremely superior Japanese voice acting (which is done by professional voice actors), but not only that, the English VA's couldn't really give a toss about it either, reading out mangled 'english' lines ("I wouldn't want to die here." "Don't worry, they'll kill before that happens." "We must help them up there above.") with no coherence at all.

Still, it's just the (free included I think?) DLC and not the main game.

So if I haven't read the book, and the only visual novels I've played are the Ace Attorney games (love them a lot), do you think I may still enjoy this?

Oh, it's still enjoyable. Just so you know going into it that you're not getting a classic adventure game. ;)

FauX

i PM you for the first game too... maybe i was too slow, thanks anyway!! =D

Go see Here!

You Were Late!

Print Screen my Message Board so you cannot have hard feelings.... Oh Junior members...

I will PM the keys to the winners. Cheers!!!

1.- War of the Roses went to user: Addnan
2.- Europa Universalis went to user: woo and indeed hoo

Jawmuncher

The DLC is... bad tho. I mean unfinished bad, and is lacking the extremely superior Japanese voice acting (which is done by professional voice actors), but not only that, the English VA's couldn't really give a toss about it either, reading out mangled 'english' lines ("I wouldn't want to die here." "Don't worry, they'll kill before that happens." "We must help them up there above.") with no coherence at all.

Still, it's just the (free included I think?) DLC and not the main game.

Ahhh ok thanks for the heads up.
Still if the DLC portion is that bad might be good for a laugh at least.

Turfster

Ahhh ok thanks for the heads up.
Still if the DLC portion is that bad might be good for a laugh at least.

The DLC is sort of a side story about other characters, so hold it until you finished the game. Also, I managed to walk out of the world a few times because I made jumps I wasn't supposed to make ;)

BorntoPlay

Go see Here!

You Were Late!

Print Screen my Message Board so you cannot have hard feelings.... Oh Junior members...

I will PM the keys to the winners. Cheers!!!

1.- War of the Roses went to user: Addnan
2.- Europa Universalis went to user: woo and indeed hoo

Dont worry bro, is not hard felling hahaha... just saying i was too slow...thanks for your generosity...=)

edit: second-place finish..XD

Turfster

Oh wow that is bad.
They really wanted to push that out.

Well, it's PC/Mac 'DLC' only (automatically included it seems) and came out after the console releases without any actual input from Konami is my guess (hence the lack of Japanese voice and the rather... shit and unpolished gameplay in it)

Oh god this 'dialogue'... I can't stop laughing... "Oh shit! I cannot find any other words!" "Can't you feel the true taste of life?" "No, I feel I need a manicure." "We'll quarrel again now!" and yeah, I'm pretty sure this was all the Russian devs. This 'gameplay' reminds me way too much of what I played of the original Metro.
Walk walk walk, HORDE EVENT THAT GOES ON WAY TOO LONG, walk walk walk, HORDE EVENT THAT GOES ON WAY TOO LONG, etc...
Edit: And done. Yeah, the DLC is only worth it for the hilarious dialogue and total deadpan and tonally inconsistent delivery. The actual gameplay is extremely boring and repetitive.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That game has some time limited achievies as well I believe. At least there were some during the summer camp.
Yeah, there are some pesky time limited scenes in the camp that are very easy to miss, one right after the first Brain Tumbler section and two after Milla's dance party. Fortunately the rest is more manageable stuff that you just have to make sure you do before the point of no return by the end of the game (the one involving
Mr. Pokeylope
being easy to overlook too).

Made a post in the OT but no one responded, I've been on a 4X kick lately and was wondering if Sword of the Stars II was worth giving a go now that the enhanced edition is out and it's had a good while to become playable/fixed.

It doesn't
Edit: Thanks! Shame but I suppose they want you to buy it all after finding out how amazing the base game is :D

Made a post in the OT but no one responded, I've been on a 4X kick lately and was wondering if Sword of the Stars II was worth giving a go now that the enhanced edition is out and it's had a good while to become playable/fixed.

I'm wondering if it will be added to the humbly weekly sale (do they add games on those?)

It probably doesn't help, but since picking it up in the Indie Gala bundle I did a bit of research into if I should be playing it. Everything I read suggested that a lot of the bugs are fixed, but the game still isn't any fun.

So I haven't bothered (the ~7GB download doesn't help).

You know what would be cool? If they could give us badges for backing games on Kickstarter.

I would love to have a Broken Age backer badge on my profile.

Sarcasm

Didn't expect to have such a hard time figuring out Prison Architect lol..any tips? I did the tutorial that makes sense but now I am free..lol

RedSwirl

How long do pre-purchase rewards usually stay up? Right up until release? I probably won't be able to pre-purchase Rayman Legends until tomorrow afternoon. The game supposedly unlocks at noon EST on Tuesday. Will I still get free Origins?

Turfster

How long do pre-purchase rewards usually stay up? Right up until release? I probably won't be able to pre-purchase Rayman Legends until tomorrow afternoon. The game supposedly unlocks at noon EST on Tuesday. Will I still get free Origins?

The pre-purchase rewards usually stay up until the day of release, yes.
Note the usually.

DukeBobby

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a very, very good game. The second best Splinter Cell game, after Chaos Theory. And I haven't even played Spies vs Mercs yet!!

So far, it occupies the number 3 spot in my GOTY list.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a very, very good game. The second best Splinter Cell game, after Chaos Theory. And I haven't even played Spies vs Mercs yet!!

So far, it occupies the number 3 spot in my GOTY list.
The new Ubisoft pricing scheme puts me off, maybe I'll pick it up in a sale.

When did steam update the design of the screenshot boxes? They're more square now than the rectangles used before.

This is cracking me up.

I just imagine you going, 'oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.' As the prisoners shank each other and burn down your prison complex.

That's exactly how it goes. I always quit out before complete destruction though :D

You gotta be tougher on them, you pinko commie hippie liberal!

This is cracking me up.

I just imagine you going, 'oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.' As the prisoners shank each other and burn down your prison complex.

Everything starts off okay, I get a decent layout up and running. Usually one of the prisoners gets pissed off in the mess hall and all hell breaks loose. Before long 1 or 2 of my guards are dead or unconscious and the prisoners are murdering each other and/or escaping with the fallen guards' keys. Ends the same every time lol

They get minimum cell space allowed, could be that, or the cooks make shitty food.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is the movie Hanna any good?

Yes. There's some excellent cinematography (Hanna's disorienting escape, the long-take with Bana in the mdidle of the film, most of the ending sequence). The main characters are very interesting. It's a little light and underdeveloped in terms of script and story--which actually stands to reason given that it's basically a dark fairy tale--but very slick. Well worth watching. And yes, Saoirse is good in it. Also great score.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Turba -- MB-4E084FB1CF7F1EA7 - Taken by Ingueferroque

jediyoshi

Got to play the wolf among us. Good stuff. Playing around more with camera angles during dialogue and cutscenes. A lot of combat but they did a better job of putting the button prompts on relevant parts of the enemy. The dialogue system seemed identical though as far as being timed, having a silence option and the warning that says they'll remember stuff.

kurahador

Got to play the wolf among us. Good stuff. Playing around more with camera angles during dialogue and cutscenes. A lot of combat but they did a better job of putting the button prompts on relevant parts of the enemy. The dialogue system seemed identical though as far as being timed, having a silence option and the warning that says they'll remember stuff.

Is the animation still looks wonky like TWD?

Question to anyone who knows, will the game story be enjoyable for someone who bored of these adult "fairy tales"??

My current prison in Prison Architect is awesome, however, as I've allowed more prisoners in and expanded, the game has become unplayable. :( It lags big time. I'm going to wait until they've fixed the memory leak (or whatever is causing it), to get back to it.

My original prison was an absolute disaster, because I didn't stop the prisoners from entering before I had the main facilities up. They got pissed off waiting in the holding cell, started to riot, killed some guards, etc. lol.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-4C3D08DDA10EA4FA - Taken by JDHarbs

JDHarbs

My current prison in Prison Architect is awesome, however, as I've allowed more prisoners in and expanded, the game has become unplayable. :( It lags big time. I'm going to wait until they've fixed the memory leak (or whatever is causing it), to get back to it.

My original prison was an absolute disaster, because I didn't stop the prisoners from entering before I had the main facilities up. They got pissed off waiting in the holding cell, started to riot, killed some guards, etc. lol.
Cant even begin to describe how much I've been wanting to play Spec-Ops. Thanks! :)

Grief.exe

Got DMC3 working perfectly.

Running right now at 60 fps with forced MSAA and AF through Nvidia Inspector. As always with console games, the pre-rendered and compressed cut scenes look very jarring next to gameplay and in-engine cut scenes.

I have the controller working, but prompts still show up in the keyboard format they had before. Press 6, while holding 3, and hitting S....

And my hands are seriously cramping up all ready!

iNaFaej2PDrxl.png

I hope that with Microsoft using blu-ray this time around uncompressed videos and CGs become the norm without exceptions this gen. Many PS3 games featured uncompressed video and it was wonderful, was annoying that the PC versions often used the 360 versions or some weird half compressed version inbetween the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom