• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Haven't played a Steam game for more than two weeks, damn it. At first I was trying to clean up some console games and then my laptop broke down. Should finally be getting a replacement tomorrow, which means I'll regain the sweet ability to be confused about what the hell should I play next. Well, I'll probably play 39 Steps first, as promised earlier, but after that there's a lot of other potentially great stuff to choose from. Makes me giddy!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Increase the price each day.
You know, that may actually work*. Someone will see it for $20 and think it's too expensive, so he'll wait for a better price. Next day I increase it to $25, and he thinks "If I didn't buy it before, there's just no way I'll do it now. I'll wait for a better price". Next day, another $5 up. Same reasoning on his part, but a little less convinced. Fourth day and still no other copies of the card on the horizon, so when I put it for $40 he'll consider getting it then. So on the fifth day he'll cave in and pay the $60 I'm asking for it.

Right as I get the money in my Wallet, another card will pop up in the market, undercutting me by $58 (making it $2). I'll laugh, he'll cry and everyone will praise me as the Steam Market overlord.

HoosTrax

So why aren't people playing Showdown Effect? Is it somewhat lacking? Looks pretty good on the screenshots, at least.
From what I played of the beta, it just didn't seem like a game I would get much more than a couple of hours out of. There wasn't anything explicitly bad, just nothing really to keep me wanting to play it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hate that I am making myself wait until Saints Row 4 goes on sale. It looks amazing and I loved the third game, but I just can't afford to get it at full price. I'm putting half my disposable income towards saving for a house and I am having to be way too thrifty. I'll see if I have anything left at the end of the month and then maybe
but probably GTA 5 instead
No need to hate yourself for that. Personally I can afford it at full price, and I'm waiting for a sale anyway. No reason for me to buy anything at full price if I can wait a while. And even if I can't, there's usually a preorder discount I can take advantage of.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
No need to hate yourself for that. Personally I can afford it at full price, and I'm waiting for a sale anyway. No reason for me to buy anything at full price if I can wait a while. And even if I can't, there's usually a preorder discount I can take advantage of.

I don't hate myself necessarily, I just hate that I'm going to have to wait so long to play it, haha. It's my choice though. I stopped buying games at full price long ago though, and getting myself a new PC just before the summer sale only served to solidify my resolve to wait for discounts.

Knurek

Mass Effect is something of an outlier in that I've played it for about 90 minutes all up, but simply don't find it as enrapturing as many others do.

I find Mass Effect to be best played as an adventure game. Talk with your party/other characters as frequently as possible and try to ignore both the RPG-levelup-wankery and the sameish shooting sequences.

The actual shooting gets much much better in the sequels and RPG parts are removed pretty much completely, and by this time you're hopefully hooked up by the story bits.

Tenrius

I find Mass Effect to be best played as an adventure game. Talk with your party/other characters as frequently as possible and try to ignore both the RPG-levelup-wankery and the sameish shooting sequences.

The actual shooting gets much much better in the sequels and RPG parts are removed pretty much completely, and by this time you're hopefully hooked up by the story bits.

It's still awful though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm probably blind but how/where? I don't see that option and can only add email addresses but they use the same password, maybe it's not available here?

It's in the "Security info" section, but you need to enable two-factor authentication first as the app password is used for services that don't support the security code measure.

BorntoPlay

I thought the same thing, for me is an adventure/RPG game and the mako missions reminded me of the NES game Blaster Master ... Right now I'm playing ME2 and dislike that it is now more a Shooter game that a Adventure/RPG game...

Nillansan

Outlast impressions courtesy of Rock Paper Shotgun.

Wot I Think: Outlast said:
The team that made this game understood survival horror. Outlast takes the ideas of predecessors and runs them through an incredibly talented set of individuals to produce a slick, brilliant experience. Its claim of “scariest game ever” will likely put it under some fire, particularly from connoisseurs of the genre, and especially with Machine For Pigs turning up at a similar time. But what it can definitely claim to be is a great game. It’s not a simple excuse for gore and violence, nor is it only interested in shocking you with a sudden scream and blood splattered visage. It wants to horrify. It’ll also intrigue, terrify and surprise you in equal measure.

Read the whole thing here.

The game does sound good and while I do enjoy horror movies, I simply can't handle horror games. The degree of immersion and interactivity that games can facilitate can make for an overwhelming horror experience. I could not play more than ten minutes of Amnesia.

Knurek

I thought the same thing, for me is an adventure/RPG game and the mako missions reminded me of the NES game Blaster Master ... Right now I'm playing ME2 and dislike that it is now more a Shooter game that Adventure/RPG game...

True, there was too much shooting and not enough Mordin or Garrus or Thane (and definitely not enough Legion).

Still loved the game though. Wrapped up both ME2 and ME3 (and their DLCs) in a semi-constant gaming frenzy and I don't regret a single second of that.

chronomac

Mighty No. 9 is about to cross $1.5 million, which is the New Game Plus stretch goal. The Kickstarter has 27 days left, which makes me think it'll break even the $2.5 million goal (360/PS3/Wii U versions).

FloatOn

with so many games having trading cards (profile backgrounds) these days. it's a damn shame dark souls or the fallout games don't any.

I'd buy a sunlit anor londo profile background for a high price.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
with so many games having trading cards (profile backgrounds) these days. it's a damn shame dark souls or the fallout games don't any.

I'd buy a sunlit anor londo profile background for a high price.

That would require some effort from FROM Software.

Darkroronoa

New bundle,i dont see it posted

http://www.indiegala.com/

1$ Tier

Knytt Underground
Saira
Musaic Box
Yumsters 2: Around the World

3.99$ BTA Tier (Price blocked for the first 8 hours)

Hammerfight
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition + Dirty Arena Second Strike DLC
Ignite

+3 more games to unlock 2nd wekk for BTA buyers

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

1$ Tier

Knytt Underground
Saira
Musaic Box

Hammerfight
Ignite

$1 for Knytt is a steal, and it was just greenlit too so you'll get a key for that as soon as you can.

Shadow Warrior Pre-Order finally appeared in the library list, also does anyone know exactly when Outlast unlocks? Today at update time? Thanks

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
$1 for Knytt WOW, I'm in.

That BTA notice though...I'm not seeing the "average" anywhere. Obviously calculating it would be simple, but do they actually mean "pay over $3.99" rather than "beat the average"?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

1$ Tier

Knytt Underground
Saira
Musaic Box

Hammerfight
Ignite

I'll nab this, I remember liking the original Knytt when I played it years ago (Within A Deep Forest too for that matter).

Kifimbo

$1 for Knytt WOW, I'm in.

That BTA notice though...I'm not seeing the "average" anywhere. Obviously calculating it would be simple, but do they actually mean "pay over $3.99" rather than "beat the average"?

It's 3.99 for the first 8 hours. Probably gonna jump to 4.99$ or 5.99$ after that.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
It's 3.99 for the first 8 hours. Probably gonna jump to 4.99$ or 5.99$ after that.
The actual average is something like $3.38 though. The wording's just incorrect and misleading.

Ah well, the likelihood something I want will be added to the higher tier is very low anyway.

kami_sama

For those buying the indie bundle, Saira is a little great game, if it wasn't for the memory leak that happens constantly.
Great game, but you have to reopen it every hour or so.

JaseC

1$ Tier

Knytt Underground
Saira
Musaic Box

Hammerfight
Ignite

Warning: The Afterfall Insanity keys just activate the base game; they don't contain the DLC, so those of us who already own the game are apparently out of luck as it would seem the devs plan to distribute the DLC to the accounts to which the keys they gave IG are tethered.

Brick

Just grabbed Outlast. All these really positive reviews coming out sold me on it. If anyone else is considering it, pick it up soon. The pre-order discount is only good for 1/2 hour longer.

JaseC

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ignite -- MB-298628992BA216D2 - Taken by Deques
Hammerfight -- MB-297DFB2DC2C55A84 - Taken by Motorbreath
Musaic Box -- MB-D28B6D49989F75F8 - Taken by Eanan
Yumsters 2 -- MB-18F9CECB170B7B3B - Taken by Fl1pp13
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-3377A86A6B5AD30B - Taken by Jawmuncher
Saira -- MB-AAA538E0E7744E89 - Taken by fantomena

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just a reminder that Hammerfight was in the Humble Bundle 3. For some reason I was thinking this game was not on Steam yet but apparently it's been there for years.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Waking Mars -- MB-61D45DC47857DB34 - Taken by kami_sama

JaseC

Thanks again.
Let me guess. Knytt was the only game you don't have?

Well, I paid above the average for the Afterfall DLC, but so much for that... however, yes, Knytt is the only actual game I'm lacking at the moment (although I may already own it via the Spring Sun Bundle, in which case I'll have a spare key to give away in the future).

Thanks for Hammerfight JaseC
Thanks for Afterfall! I've had my eye on it for awhile but never took the plunge.
Man i've gotten lucky and have received a good few games from the steam thread.
I'll return the favor tonight!
Thanks, Jase!

:)

Warning: The Afterfall Insanity keys just activate the base game; they don't contain the DLC, so those of us who already own the game are apparently out of luck as it would seem the devs plan to distribute the DLC to the accounts to which the keys they gave IG are tethered.

Well that blows immensely. Is the Dirty Arena Edition key separate at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom