• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I knew this was going to happen, and I'm still disappointed.
The least you could have done is like, put a discount on your own games, Valve, just 33% to show up Activision or something.

Nice deals. That Acti one is so cheap (in the realm of sales haha) but the bethesda weekend sale last month literally put everything that was already up on 50-75% sale through the dailies, so just be patient for whatever your after, there's a good chance it'll be even cheaper.

And not to be a spoil sport, I wanted it to be good, but I wouldn't recommend Prototype 2 to the guys getting hyped by it :( they gave even less incentive or reason to explore the city, all the collectible orbs gone, new collectibles pointed out to you, and zones :/ not sure on the status of that last one on pc though. Everything else was the same I guess, I jsut didn't like the lack of reason to explore.

Uhh, Aarklash timer has gone, but no purchase option or price to replace it :/ on the client anyway

EDIT: Damn , Tomb Raider 75% off too? That's a nice one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The new TMNT game is 25%. Wait for a better discount.

IZHXOAo.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Activision is one of the only publishers in the industry with the decency not to screw over its Day-One buyers.

Activision games retain their value for years, meaning you never feel like you've been cheated because you bought the game at the wrong time.

Jawmuncher

What a crap Birthday Party valve decided to have.
Also i'll skip on prototype 2 yet again. 10 or bust.

Activision Games aren't region free right?

Kifimbo

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Activision is one of the only publishers in the industry with the decency not to screw over its Day-One buyers.

Activision games retain their value for years, meaning you never feel like you've been cheated because you bought the game at the wrong time.

I agree with this. But they are leaving money on the table by not discounting 3+ years old titles. There is no reason not to do it.

Grief.exe

Thanks Activision!!!!

kotick.jpg

derExperte

NAnd not to be a spoil sport, I wanted it to be good, but I wouldn't recommend Prototype 2 to the guys getting hyped by it :( they gave even less incentive or reason to explore the city, all the collectible orbs gone, new collectibles pointed out to you, and zones :/ not sure on the status of that last one on pc though. Everything else was the same I guess, I jsut didn't like the lack of reason to explore.

I prefer P2 to P1 but the PC port is one of the worst ever, it runs baaaad, has memory leaks so you have tab out repeatedly, assign only one CPU core and it's still not 100% stable after all that.

I'll bite for Rogue Legacy even though when I get around to play it will have been on Humble Bundle ten times and -80% every weekend for past 5 years

That Acti "sale" is the worst ever.

Grief.exe

Guys, you have to remember that the Activision deals will change everyday.

Today was Prototype, tomorrow will probably be Call of Duty that will rotate in for the larger discount.

I'm not defending them, but some of you are calling out Call of Duty prices which will change over the course of the weekend.

How you feeling about that Fall Of Cybertron price, hahah. £22.50 from £30, whaaa

Case in point.

Crossing my fingers for at least 75% off on Walking Dead, Fall of Cybertron and CoD 1-3.

How you feeling about that Fall Of Cybertron price, hahah. £22.50 from £30, whaaa

I prefer P2 to P1 but the PC port is one of the worst ever, it runs baaaad, has memory leaks so you have tab out repeatedly, assign only one CPU core and it's still not 100% stable after all that.

To each their own man, fair enough. I guess I'm just a big collectible whore in these types of games, so that brutalised me. Web of Intrigue was pared back a fair bit too ,and assimilated into the story more if I remember right too? I played on 360, so I know not about the quality of the ports.

Turfster

It won't even play sound on 90% of the PCs out there, and when people complained on it on the official forums, they shut them down.

I like the play on words re Bad Rats. I really should play it to come up with an idea of my own. That day shall have to wait however as I have an evening of saving the universe [dying in lots of stupid ways] in FTL to attend to. Toodle pip!

kuYuri

Best deals of Prototype series that I've seen have come from Amazon, they had a Prototype Bundle for $10 with Steam keys in some previous sales.

This deal is not bad if you really can't wait to buy the games though.

Case in point.

Oh totally, I noted the same thing on the last page, it got lost in the rush of posts though. Still, it's pretty funny, just given everyone enjoying the humorous "steam 10th anniversary" countdown the last few hours, it does it justice . The Bethesda sale pretty much put everything that was 25% off down to 66% at some point through their weekend though, so most will likely go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom