• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if I buy that Tomb Raider bundle as a gift, does it put each individual game in my inventory? I want the games but I already own the latest Tomb Raider so I'd like to be able to gift that one.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Oh man, you poor soul haha. I liked legend - loved anniversary - didn't like Underworld for what it's worth. & I really like the new one.

I was like 13, the game came with a magazine and I tried to play it on a (at the time) 7 years old pc. Couldn't get past the section on the roof, I think? :lol
Later I discovered that that game is regarded as the lowest point of the series.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Retro shooters as humble weekly. AWESOME.

3gRZBrP.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone know if I buy that Tomb Raider bundle as a gift, does it put each individual game in my inventory? I want the games but I already own the latest Tomb Raider so I'd like to be able to gift that one.

Nope sorry. If you buy the bundle and already have the new one the extra copy goes poof.

Good bundle, but already own most of it. Not very much interested in the newer versions of DN3D and Shadow Warrior 1.

Edit: Had no idea both games included the "unnofficial" expansions. Bought. Damn.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD : The Second Encounter -- MB-E2D67BA4C3DDF565 - Taken by IcyRhythms
Serious Sam HD : The First Encounter -- MB-639517B28BDD3E2D - Taken by Copons
Enjoy.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Come to think of it, I've never actually played a Tomb Raider game as well.

I'm going to start with the 2013 version courtesy of the Amazon sale next week.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is definitely one to be played. Yes it's a spin off, but it's a great game (co-op, just quite good single player) that anyone who enjoys top-down action adventure and puzzle solving will enjoy. http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130

I say this as someone who isn't a fan of any Tomb Raider other than Guardian of the Light and the recent reboot though, so take that as you will.

Dolor

I am so loving all of this excitement for the potential X bundle. The games are so good, but I can't help but feel a little sad because I know that a lot of people are going to try them and bounce right off of them. It took me about 3 attempts of playing them before I finally "got it".

Oh well, obscure space sims FTW.

Grief.exe

Talking about Hard Reset, does anyone have an opinion on Shadow Warrior? The new one.

It looks fucking good.

The minute-to-minute feel of the gameplay just looks right. You have magic abilities, katana abilities, and a myriad of awesome weapons to choose from. And the melee combat just looks amazing.
Mild RPG mechanics in upgrading yourself, your weapons, and your katana.

Flying Wild Hog took everything they learned from crafting Hard Reset and turned it up to 11.

The only downside, is the price. I have a hard time justifying $33 for a single-player experience I know I will just play once. I generally play through a game and don't come back to it for several years, even if I enjoyed it immensely. I just take that experience and compartmentalize it, and do not return for a significant period of time.

Here we go again:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

System Shock 2 -- MB-8D54EBFAE19EA593 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-0BBB9E7BA126329A - Taken by SinineSiil
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-3C7B921DC47EACC3 - Taken by Purkake4

nexen

It looks fucking good.

The minute-to-minute feel of the gameplay just looks right. You have magic abilities, katana abilities, and a myriad of awesome weapons to choose from. And the melee combat just looks amazing.
Mild RPG mechanics in upgrading yourself, your weapons, and your katana.

Flying Wild Hog took everything they learned from crafting Hard Reset and turned it up to 11.

The only downside, is the price. I have a hard time justifying $33 for a single-player experience I know I will just play once. I generally play through a game and don't come back to it for several years, even if I enjoyed it immensely. I just take that experience and compartmentalize it, and do not return for a significant period of time.

Even if it looks like the bees knees it is easy to see that it is going to be heavily discounted in the near future.

yaron777

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-92CAFE06B88B8687 - Taken by Pestilence11
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-424576EEDFCE4CA6 - Taken by SinineSiil
Enjoy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New Bundlestars

• Rush Bros
  • Velvet Assassin
  • The Tiny Bang Story
  • Lunar Flight
  • Glow Fish
  • Mystery Game added later

All for $3.48. All Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom