• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any difference between the 360 version and the PC version? I don't own it on 360, so yeah
Basically, if you have a 360, you can get Geometry Wars 2. If you don't have a 360, the first one on Steam is the next best thing. I would also suggest looking into Waves, it's a REALLY good twin-stick shooter that nobody knows about.

Dolor

What blows my mind about technical issues at launch is they are generally fixed very soon. Couple patches and a driver update and the game usually runs very well.

There are exceptions of course, but a game as big as TW:R2 I have no doubt will get fixed.

I think one of their "errors" was giving us a ton of super high-end eye candy that if you select it will grind even my 780 to like 15-20 fps. I am guessing most gamers are so used to low-end console ports that they get basically any game, and say, "Meh, I've got a 7850, crank it to max!" and just play it, If you do that with Rome 2 on anything but multiple titans, it will be a slide show. Some people probably see that and assume it's an unoptimized game, but it's really that you just selected God-mode beauty settings.

Dat generous 10% off on Aarklash, £14.40, get innn. Just waiting to see what the feeling is about it, and the price of Volgarr, but think these two might be how I'm spending my weekend.

Grief.exe

I think one of their "errors" was giving us a ton of super high-end eye candy that if you select it will grind even my 780 to like 15-20 fps. I am guessing most gamers are so used to low-end console ports that they get basically any game, and say, "Meh, I've got a 7850, crank it to max!" and just play it, If you do that with Rome 2 on anything but multiple titans, it will be a slide show. Some people probably see that and assume it's an unoptimized game, but it's really that you just selected God-mode beauty settings.

The ignorance and stupidity of people, including PC gamers, will continue to astound me.

inm8num2

Publisher weekend - that's close to what I thought (site-wide discount). Many games will end up with discounts, but everybody knows that better deals will be had during the holidays.

Grief.exe

There is no end to my grief(.exe) that Geo Wars 2 is not available on Steam.

tumblr_mqmab198a71sx559oo1_500.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There is no end to my grief(.exe) that Geo Wars 2 is not available on Steam.

Same. I would even like Galaxies to appear, just for some of the different modes. Yet for some reason they just don't want our money.

does geometry wars steam have local/global leaderboards? i have it on xbox but i love it, i think the 1st is a much better game than the 2nd tbh in gameplay.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, you have to remember that the Activision deals will change everyday.

Today was Prototype, tomorrow will probably be Call of Duty that will rotate in for the larger discount.

I'm not defending them, but some of you are calling out Call of Duty prices which will change over the course of the weekend.

Case in point.

Just once I'd like a publisher sale to end with a greater discount on the lesser catalogue titles. A few CoD games and Fall of Cybertron aside, I need:

- TMNT (granted, it's a new release)
- Fast & Furious: Showdown
- Ice Age 4
- Monster Jam
- Deadpool
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
- Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Trophy Bucks

None of which are enticing at just 25% off, save for perhaps TMNT, but I can wait for a deeper discount -- in fact, it should have been excluded, as I'd wager its recency is why the general discount is as paltry as it is.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just once I'd like a publisher sale to end with a greater discount on the lesser catalogue titles. A few CoD games and Fall of Cybertron aside, I need:

- Ice Age 4
- Monster Jam
- Deadpool

None of which are enticing at just 25% off, save for perhaps TMNT, but I can wait for a deeper discount -- in fact, it should have been excluded, as I'd wager its recency is why the general discount is as paltry as it is.

Can you wait though? The games you listed are licensed game and are therefore the most prone to randomly being taken off Steam without warning.

Grief.exe

- Ice Age 4
- Monster Jam
- Deadpool

For example Sunday should be Transformers day!

Both games 66-75% off

And 'Activision Classics' day as well, where they put their random games up for sale.

I wonder if companies avoid this due to over saturation. For example, they would rather save the individual titles for a random daily deal rather than get caught in the shuffle, so to speak.

Holy shit is Steam super slow for anyone else? I tried to redeem a humble key and it was succesfull but the game didn't get added to my library. So I figured i'd log out and in again but the log in has been going on for several minutes at this point and still hasn't happened.
Edit: it finally went took like 5 minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can you wait though? The games you listed are licensed game and are therefore the most prone to randomly being taken off Steam without warning.

Well, all but Monster Jam and Trophy Bucks -- which are more than half a decade old at this point, so I'm guessing the licenses are more or less indefinite -- released this year, so I think I can hold off until the Autumn Sale.

Edit: I forgot about TB.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Is it time for me to jump on the Tomb Raider bandwagon?
Never played one, except for the first hour of Angel of the Darkness. :lol

I'm thinking about buying the Legend - Anniversary - Underworld trilogy, what do you say gaf?

Turfster

I'm thinking about buying the Legend - Anniversary - Underworld trilogy, what do you say gaf?

Do it.
There's a tomb raider pack with all of them.
Trilogy, 2013 and Light alone are worth more than the 17.49€ or whatever it costs in your currency.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

All three are pretty great (Anniversary being a remake of the original Tomb Raider).

Although I'd suggest starting with the newest game since it's a reboot. Don't buy it from Steam though, get it on the upcoming Amazon deal (find someone to split the pack with if you don't want the other games).

Cheddahz

Banned
Is anyone here having issues with Paranormal? My friend says that "the built with udk has stopped working" and she isn't able to start her game

Grief.exe

Come to think of it, I've never actually played a Tomb Raider game as well.

I'm going to start with the 2013 version courtesy of the Amazon sale next week.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
All three are pretty great (Anniversary being a remake of the original Tomb Raider).

Although I'd suggest starting with the newest game since it's a reboot. Don't buy it from Steam though, get it on the upcoming Amazon deal (find someone to split the pack with if you don't want the other games).

I was thinking about getting the last one, but I actually wanted to play the "classics" ones first, and then the modern reboot.

Come to think of it, I've never actually played a Tomb Raider game as well.

I'm going to start with the 2013 version courtesy of the Amazon sale next week.

By how much will it be discounted? More than Steam I guess.

Go for it! Gameplay wise the older ones aged pretty bad.

Anyone else been having an issue when starting Steam?

For the last week or so, I go to open Steam up but before it takes me to the store page, I get prompted with something that tells me Steam files are being verified and updated. EVERYTIME I open Steam. It wasn't like this before :(

2 has better features and gameplay types, yes. but if GW1 was a gameplay type in GW2, then that's the only mode i'd play 95% of the time. i prefer the enemies and endless play much better in 1

local only leaderboards? goddamn that's awful
I agree, GW1 is much better as the straight up Geometry Wars game. But man do I love me some Pacifism in GeoWars 2.

Oh man, you poor soul haha. I liked legend - loved anniversary - didn't like Underworld for what it's worth. & I really like the new one.

The Humble Weekly Valve Bundle - Pay what you want for 4 great Valve-Titles

Half Life 2 + Episodes
Left 4 Dead
Portal
Team Fortress Humble Hat

BTA

Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
Half Life 3

I wish ;_;

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I wouldn't buy Geometry Wars right now simply because it was $1 in December last year.

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS WINTER SALE

(put the extra $2 toward Völgarr)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom