• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

If anyone grabbed one of the Gearbox Community Day Pax codes from Gvaz (there were quite a few codes) a couple of days ago I just got an email from them about it. It's basically the $19.99 package they are selling for Twitch on Saturday. This is the email:

Thanks Gvaz!

Confirmed. Thanks Gvaz!

Purkake4

Banned
Oppsie

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter is -- MB-4CED5D3E617ACFEB - Taken by kadab

Is this old news?

gta-5-pc.jpg

Scipius

Hows Hard Reset?
Its the only game I don't own for BTA.

Hard Reset is the only modern FPS in that bundle; the others are actual old games, but HR is a 2011 game that successfully captures the feel of the FPS of yore. Highly recommended if you've ever played an FPS in the 1990s and are curious what modern shooters would be like if they had stayed closer to their roots.

Jawmuncher

Hard Reset is the only modern FPS in that bundle; the others are actual old games, but HR is a 2011 game that successfully captures the feel of the FPS of yore. Highly recommended if you've ever played an FPS in the 1990s and are curious what modern shooters would be like if they had stayed closer to their roots.

Confirmed. Thanks Gvaz!

It's absolutely amazing (IMO).

Its the best example of how to do Retro Shooters now.

It's great. In every aspect.

I liked it. Its really oldschool though. Feels like a Game from the 90s.

Well shit with glowing praise like that guess i'll BTA

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-59AE0E0998DFC5F6 - Taken by bobnowhere
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-B8DCBD85FAD27534 - Taken by delirium

derExperte

If anyone grabbed one of the Gearbox Community Day Pax codes from Gvaz (there were quite a few codes) a couple of days ago I just got an email from them about it. It's basically the $19.99 package they are selling for Twitch on Saturday. This is the email:

Thanks Gvaz!

Free Homeworld HD? That's what I (don't) get for going to sleep and missing awesome giveaways.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Steam Key -- MB-0CC25E81BB95DD99 - Taken by Spawn
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter Steam Key -- MB-03196450AFEB5C2E - Taken by LiquidSolid

Already own them, enjoy.

That doesn't necessarily make it less fake.

Truth is, I don't want to raise my hopes. :lol
If it's coming, it'll be in no less than 6 months.

I hear ya. :)

I've never played a GTA game until a month ago. I had the complete collection for over a year but never touched it. I beat GTA 1 and 2 last month and just started playing GTA 3 this week. I can hold off on the 5th game for a bit.

I was like 13, the game came with a magazine and I tried to play it on a (at the time) 7 years old pc. Couldn't get past the section on the roof, I think? :lol
Later I discovered that that game is regarded as the lowest point of the series.

Heh, that's quite funny actually. I suppose in some round about way, maybe Angel of Darkness wouldn't seem so bad if you had never played the games that came before.

It wasn't free, I believe you had to subscribe for $20.

Nope. The codes Gvaz got from pax and gave out were essentially discount codes to get the subscription for free. So anyone who got a code gets Homworld HD, Homeworld Classic, some borderlands 2 stuff, access to a future beta and the community stream thing for free.

fantomena

Everyone who was dissapointed by Amnesia: Pigs and/or Outlast, get Huntman: The Oprhanage which releases tommorrow on Steam. It's scary as shit. Im literally talking to myself while playing jus tto chill me down.

O Tavares

Neo Member
In the day Steam celebrates its 10th anniversary, it's Humble Bundle delivering. How crazy is that?

Anyway, I think the HB thing is getting crazier and crazier. Before, we had to wait like a year before certain games popped up on a cheap bundle, but now they are given away for a dolar not too far off its release date. Mad.

who wants a
e1e389cca20e.png
?

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Fez -- MB-9B7DF23BB9780C26 - Taken by JakkuFurosu

The_Monk

Everyone who was dissapointed by Amnesia: Pigs and/or Outlast, get Huntman: The Oprhanage which releases tommorrow on Steam. It's scary as shit. Im literally talking to myself while playing jus tto chill me down.

Nice, but the question is, what are you talking about with yourself fellow GAFfer?

Have fun :D
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD the Second Encounter -- MB-847CA6FBE780A45B - Taken by Leviathin25
Serious Sam HD the First Encounter -- MB-96CFF571EB93F25E - Taken by Cth

jsrv

So, no 10th anniversary sale right? I guess it's safe to buy whatever now? I'm probably going to buy the Digistruct DLC for Borderlands since I missed that recent giveaway

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-6F06882E16E865B9 - Taken by Berlok
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-9DDA01122A1E35EE - Taken by Leviathin25

Please, take them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-A16637895FA3AE81 - Taken by greendomo's ghost. 1 entrants total.

t1379013776z1.png

fantomena

I just ALT + F4ed Huntsman. Crazy scary shit right there and I never did that with Amnesia: Pigs, Outlast or the first Amnesia. Fuck it.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

MacGuffins Curse -- MB-B845781C737867B3 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Have fun.

I just ALT + F4ed Huntsman. Crazy scary shit right there and I never did that with Amnesia: Pigs, Outlast or the first Amnesia. Fuck it.

Yeah so I won't even look at it then. I haven't even played Amnesia since I know I couldn't do it. Hell even after finishing Bioshock 1 twice there are still parts I won't play at night

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Play in a dark room, wearing a good set of headphones, get sucked into the world type horror? That's what I'm looking for and obvious Pigs didn't even come close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom