• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yet another race to the bottom with these Rogue Legacy cards.
Cards are worth what people are willing to pay for them, plus when supply is higher than demand prices go down. This stuff shouldn't surprise anyone. People get these cards for free, why should they be worth more than pennies?

Grief.exe

Final Fantasy VIII updated in the registry yesterday after a couple months of nothing.

Believe.

Unfortunately, not.

Valve literally pushed an update for every single game on the registry at the same time. That is what you are seeing there.

For example

r2ovhFn.png

The Cowboy

Still 2 games left on my giveaway, one being an EPIC game (Mirror's Edge ohh yes!:D).
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-B93295ECCE0E2BF8 - taken now.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-5C1EA6C545743788
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-29BE9ABBFFC26162 - Taken by Pestilence11
Medal of Honor -- MB-85BA7E6A339D5103 - Taken by Firehead
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 -- MB-65662E0149720098 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-0FB8B364CAA586A2 - Taken by Tesseract

bronson

Cards are worth what people are willing to pay for them, plus when supply is higher than demand prices go down. This stuff shouldn't surprise anyone. People get these cards for free, why should they be worth more than pennies?
You know this and I know this. But what we also know is how much people will pay for digital vanity (see: TF2 hats, etc). It's not just supply and demand, it's about the impatience of a seller willing to sacrifice half the value of a card to sell ASAP.

The Cowboy

Just did a full previous order request from humble and noticed a few Steam keys that hadn't been used - so have at them.
ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Key -- MB-A7C356DDA61FAEEE - Taken by Pestilence11
Frozen Synapse Steam Key -- MB-DD9F25D03D6DE582 - Taken by KenOD
SpaceChem Steam Key -- MB-8A21AC0719C54135 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Humble indie bundle 3 Steam key -- MB-FC15D197AAC943C1 - Taken by chiym1992

NERDRAGE!!!!

*sigh*

Another run of FTL borked by a certain young gentleman jumping up on the desk right at the worst possible moment.

This time it was Lord Henry <<<<<<< who has not covered himself in glory despite being given the spotlight as my avatar for a change.

*grumpy face*

You have no idea. It really smarts.

I can imagine! Especially when you catch either end of the arrow on something. Ouchie!

Wow the activision sale pricing is all over the shop?

* Ice age US: $37.49, AU: $22.49 USD
* Timeshift US: $14.99, AU: $37.46 USD!
* Family Guy US: $22.49, AU: $37.46 USD
* TMNT US: $14.99, AU: 11.24 USD!
* Black ops 2 US: $29.99, AU: $67.49 USD (The fuck?)
* Deadpool US: $29.99, AU: $22.49 USD

Well played activision, well played.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am missing one game from library, seems to be Order of War: Challenge. Servers have been shut down so it’s ok to remove game from Steam but still a shitty move to delete game from my library.

I was just at 900 games, now I’m 899, need to buy one more.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11428/

I think it's fair that if a game is F2P and you spent nothing on it and it's multiplayer and the servers no longer exist, that the game be removed. If you paid, that's weird and shady.

Grief.exe

Wow the activision sale pricing is all over the shop?

* Ice age US: $37.49, AU: $22.49 USD
* Timeshift US: $14.99, AU: $37.46 USD!
* Family Guy US: $22.49, AU: $37.46 USD
* TMNT US: $14.99, AU: 11.24 USD!
* Black ops 2 US: $29.99, AU: $67.49 USD (The fuck?)
* Deadpool US: $29.99, AU: $22.49 USD

Well played activision, well played.

Its just the Prototype on featured sale today.

Assuredly, Call of Duty day tomorrow.

enjoy

ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-C7DFE4C4642C4F35 - Taken by Actiss
Brutal Legend -- MB-25821F589A90AFF1 - Taken by xenoflux2113
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-897510AA36CB308E - Taken by masterkajo

Terra_Ex

Thanks MajorMelchett for SpaceChem!

NERDRAGE!!!!
This time it was Lord Henry <<<<<<< who has not covered himself in glory despite being given the spotlight as my avatar for a change.

He's clearly having a hard life based on that pic.

Free FTL:

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

FTL -- MB-7A1987C8963E82B0 - Taken by Tesseract

rjc571

Banned
Man, I'm not even into Tomb Raider that much but that series pack is really tempting me.

I do own Anniversary on Steam already. I don't suppose Steam reduces the price for a compilation if the buyer already owns part of the compilation, do they?

Khronico

Boy, Alpha Protocol is unplayable for me. Constant stutter, mouse lag, glitchy movement, everything is borked even with the ini editing. Also since it's unreal engine I can't run it at anything higher than absolute lowest @ 640x480, which makes it a stuttering, laggy, blurry mess.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Nobody buy Deadpool unless it's $10 or less. Total garbage. Waypool writing, broken camera, tons of bugs. For me, it consistently crashes on the final boss. Fuck that game.

Scotch

Bought the Humble Weekly Deal but already own Serious Sam:

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-D2055C7A3F69007B - Taken by delirium
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-9601A749D89EFD85 - Taken by Cth

375x140-c.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

eetsmunchies-thumbnail.png

Eets Munchies -- MB-068491ECA1B582D7 - Taken by Shalashaska

derExperte

You know this and I know this. But what we also know is how much people will pay for digital vanity (see: TF2 hats, etc). It's not just supply and demand, it's about the impatience of a seller willing to sacrifice half the value of a card to sell ASAP.

See the Corrupt Lord card for RL. When it dropped for me the lowest price was 0.74&#8364;. While I was putting mine up someone undercut that with 0.35 and now we're at 0.25 and the first dude still hasn't sold his.

Tizoc

Nobody buy Deadpool unless it's $10 or less. Total garbage. Waypool writing, broken camera, tons of bugs. For me, it consistently crashes on the final boss. Fuck that game.

This game idn't even feel like Way wrote it and I've read Waypool.
I personally enjoyed it even if the gameplay wasn't all that impressive.

...I see to have bought the DLC for Giana Sisters but I own the game via gog.com. Would the DLC still work if I have the DRM-free version installed along with the DLC from Steam?

It's DLC? I thought it was a stand-alone game. It has no indication of being DLC on it's store page.

Edit:
Damnit you edited your post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom