• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

So it's another case of him just lying.

Well, Jupiter apparently has a surface area of 23.71 billion square miles, which is 122 times the surface area of the Earth. I seriously doubt this game's going to offer a playfield like that, unless it's at a map scale like "1 pixel=10000 miles". So yeah.

FloatOn

As long as we are talking greenlight games. I found one I'm pretty excited about as well

SUPERHOT
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177990278

9E7880D532A962539D74BB1821790DC0AE9AB66F

demo is right here

http://superhotgame.com/

Fox318

The activision sale fucking sucks.

Why isn't World at War like $10???

Game is fucking old enough that I should be able to purchase it for cheap now.

Mattiator

So what's the general consensus on leveling up in steam for booster packs is staying at 10 good enough or do you wanna jump to 20??

On another topic, FTL is pretty amazing, there's a lot to learn and I can see myself putting many hours into this bad boy!

wilflare

If someone is looking for something with a nice 2D art, consider looking at Taxi Journey too

6ec372f367457b28c0ee7a3aa9eddee3_large.jpg

d215e3d34e0536a94cf086d78c908da1_large.jpg

35e7cd6445d7bff1c9885c754f619476_large.jpg

What is the game about?
Taxi Journey is an original puzzle/adventure game in a universe that combines charm, humor and mystery. It takes inspiration from games such as Limbo or Machinarium but comes up with a very unique universe and original gameplay features.

At first sight, Taxi Journey might look like a classic side-scroller platformer. But Taxi Journey is a bit different. First, dexterity is not a key element (though it can help in secondary quests). Second, you'll have to interact with the environment in a truly unique way. Gino can grab anything by its reflection. As for Zoey, she can catch immaterial things like electricity or sounds and reuse them later.

Not related to the dev in anyone, but I would sure like to see such unique games on Steam/Vita

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lexisgames/taxi-journey-an-epic-odyssey

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
As long as we are talking greenlight games. I found one I'm pretty excited about as well

SUPERHOT
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177990278

demo is right here

http://superhotgame.com/

Nabs was all about that SUPERHOT about 9 hours ago:

Yo. SUPERHOT is super official. It's a first person shooter where time only moves when you do. Give it a try here and then vote/favorite/follow this shit on Greenlight. It's fun and has a ton of potential.

I am also all about that SUPERHOT right now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
btw, still didn't get my Paranautical Activity from Groupees, anyone else still waiting?
Yup, no key yet, and probably won't ever get it at this point.

Also, I can't seem to redownload Half-Life Source on Steam. I'm not going to play it anytime soon, mind you, I just want it installed.

derExperte

While we're pimping interesting Kickstarters: Nerverending Nightmares from the Retro/Grade dude is struggling to even get near it's goal: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitap/neverending-nightmares Honestly I don't think it'll make it which is too bad, liked the (rather long) demo.

Neverending Nightmares is a psychological horror game inspired by the real horror of my battle with obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression. It features a truly interactive narrative structure allowing you to shape the outcome of the game. It will take the psychological horror genre in a new direction by eschewing many traditions that don’t contribute to creating an immersive horrifying experience such as limited save points, item collection/ammo hoarding, and puzzle solving.

fa936015d121f36cfc08a3701ccd8553_large.jpg

Yeah, I've given up on mine too.
Not that we're missing much, from what I've heard, but still...

We'll get it eventually, Groupee aren't the fastest but the customer service is good.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
While we're pimping interesting Kickstarters: Nerverending Nightmares from the Retro/Grade dude is struggling to even get near it's goal: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitap/neverending-nightmares Honestly I don't think it'll make it which is too bad, liked the (rather long) demo.

fa936015d121f36cfc08a3701ccd8553_large.jpg

We'll get it eventually, Groupee aren't the fastest but the customer service is good.

I hate to see the project struggling especially since it seems like it's got some genuine pain being converted into art but I also realize that is a really strange game he wants to make. Fingers crossed funding speeds up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I hate to see the project struggling especially since it seems like it's got some genuine pain being converted into art but I also realize that is a really strange game he wants to make. Fingers crossed funding speeds up.

To be fair, 100,000 is a lot to ask for such a personal project that's so outwardly alienating. That's not to suggest that it isn't a good project, rather that it's a personal story about mental health and pain being made in a genre that isn't particularly a hot commodity by a single guy with no real pedigree. Even reading the Polygon article on the game, I felt a bit like I was intruding on something private.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
To be fair, 100,000 is a lot to ask for such a personal project that's so outwardly alienating. That's not to suggest that it isn't a good project, rather that it's a personal story about mental health and pain being made in a genre that isn't particularly a hot commodity by a single guy with no real pedigree. Even reading the Polygon article on the game, I felt a bit like I was intruding on something private.

Oh yeah absolutely, I should have said that rather than just saying it was "rather strange". This is really someone's demons coming to the surface and being laid out in front of everyone and it is extremely uncomfortable. I think it could be good, but I hate even seeing that screenshot of everyone hanging from chains and bleeding. And I don't get shaken too easily. It's just not... very marketable, I don't think.

Nillansan

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
i took superhot at a club in college once

I'm sweatin'.

Not gonna bother with any rules, since I'm sure a lot of these have been given away already.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam 2 -- MB-6CE1B0F92CE1F86B - Taken by bobnowhere
Serious Sam 1 -- MB-E676A17EFD373401 - Taken by OverHeat

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on the newest version of Enhanced Steam. Had a particularly difficult day so I'm running somewhat behind the normal schedule. Should be up within the next few hours and (like last week) has a pretty long changelog. :)

Nillansan

I really don't know about this one. Anything Molyneux touches turns to shit :/

Are you referring to the entirety of his career? He has provided me with more than enough stellar experiences that easily make up for his less regarded titles outside his glory years.

I hope that Godus is a return to form.

r3n4ud

Are you referring to the entirety of his career? He has provided me with more than enough stellar experiences that easily make up for his less regarded titles outside his glory years.

I hope that Godus is a return to form.
Sorry, meant any game he touched after his early days. Should have been more precise. I dig his games early on in his career. Not sure why he slid so far though :/

derExperte

The team consists of 7 guys so I don't think less than 100K would have been realistic considering other project's money problems. What may turn genuinely interested people off though is the 6 month Ouya exclusivity, if they make it the additional money from the fund will help immensely but right now not so much.

And I felt the same way at first, not sure how to feel about him being so open. But in the end it's his decision what to share and he offers a unique perspective you don't get anywhere else. Not pleasant but authentic and honest.

Papytendo

What is up dooges?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2 Complete -- MB-B6EECA46686C8B6A - Taken by Tecl0n
Dead Space -- MB-BBEA7A4F1D1F24D3 - Taken by OverHeat

Mugatu

The activision sale fucking sucks.

Why isn't World at War like $10???

Game is fucking old enough that I should be able to purchase it for cheap now.

Shame too - I haven't played COD on the PC since the first one. I wouldn't have minded picking up at least COD4 and W@W and I'm sure the people who still play them would have liked fresh meat to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom