• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay guys - just uploaded Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.6 to Google (sorry, Firefox users!). If you have Enhanced Steam installed, it should be updating automatically within the next hour.

Here is the changelog:

• Enhanced Steam no longer executes on pages where you enter your account details
  • Badge progress page shows number of games eligible for booster packs
  • Added link to Enhanced Steam menu for the official Steam group
  • Added option to hide all active listings on market homepage by default
  • Added option to enable/disable automatic age verification
  • Added wishlist filters to show only games on sale (Thanks Marcelloz!)
  • Added additional highlighting to the user activity page
  • Homepage carousel descriptions now pull the embed snippet from the app page
  • Fixed a bug where homepage button was incorrectly showing 3 times in some regions
  • Fixed a bug where market highlighting could be incorrect if item names were equal
  • Fixes a bug where profile link information was not correct while not logged in
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay guys - just uploaded Enhanced Steam for Chrome version 4.6 to Google (sorry, Firefox users!). If you have Enhanced Steam installed, it should be updating automatically within the next hour.

Here is the changelog:

[*]Enhanced Steam no longer executes on pages where you enter your account details

I trust you (and have scanned through your source myself and I'm a programmer so obviously I can read it!) but from a plausible deniability standpoint and a user trust standpoint this is probably a good idea.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I trust you (and have scanned through your source myself and I'm a programmer so obviously I can read it!) but from a plausible deniability standpoint and a user trust standpoint this is probably a good idea.

Someone brought it up on Reddit and was questioning whether or not Enhanced Steam was safe. To help alleviate concerns I decided to update the manifest file to exclude everything that has to do with checking out or logging in.

Enhanced Steam wasn't doing anything with these pages previously, but this prevents it from even executing on those pages which is a good thing. :)

Some high quality gaming here...yeah.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-D95B6F46B7F8BD1D - Taken by Pestilence11
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription -- MB-F638D84E8F786E8D - Taken by bobnowhere
Zombie SHooter -- MB-F3E57C7BD807812C - Taken by Jables Swan

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Who gave out all those copies of Paranormal? I had gotten one and loaded it up tonight. Scared me way more than Outlast, honestly. I got my gf's brother to play it and it freaked him out too.

I'd definitely recommend it to any horror fans. It's short and has some technical issues, but the randomization of the events is pretty clever. Both playthroughs were very different.

Copons

In Rome is super sunny at the moment, so suck it northern europeans!

But, hey, you should be used to clouds and rain anyway. :D

Tak3n

Banned
Here in Norfolk UK, it is cold damp and generally horrible...

My wife mention the "H" word today, I nearly choked on my coffee.....

H is for heating, energy is expensive in the UK

Tenrius

I finished The 39 Steps. Thought it was well-done (if not perfect), you should give it a try if you like spy fiction. Even if you like to argue about what is a "game" and what isn't.

I've also just won Papers, Please from a non-GAF steamgifts giveaway, it's going to be good.

Tenrius

As for the weather, it's an unusually chilly September — 12°C right now in Moscow, plenty of rain yesterday. Caught a damn cold already.

Here in Norfolk UK, it is cold damp and generally horrible...

My wife mention the "H" word today, I nearly choked on my coffee.....

H is for heating, energy is expensive in the UK

:eek: It's a small world! NR31 here :p.

Oh and no wonder you nearly choked on your coffee when the missus mentioned your energy bills; a quarter of my income is taken up just by Council Tax and gas/elex :/.

In other, ON TOPIC news...I finally seem to be getting to grips with FTL and am dying less frequently in stupid, careless ways. Apparently it really helps if one makes use of the pause function. Who knew?! :/

Tak3n

Banned
:eek: It's a small world! NR31 here :p.

Oh and no wonder you nearly choked on your coffee when the missus mentioned your energy bills; a quarter of my income is taken up just by Council Tax and gas/elex :/.

In other, ON TOPIC news...I finally seem to be getting to grips with FTL and am dying less frequently in stupid, careless ways. Apparently it really helps if one makes use of the pause function. Who knew?! :/

oooh, near Yarmouth, I am Kings Lynn :)

have they still got the Wave Machine at the swimming pool?

Finally reached the first boss in Volgarr, only to be sent back to the midway point when I died... But I beat him the third time.

It is hard as nails...but I've got those Rastan skills stored away. I've got this.

oooh, near Yarmouth, I am Kings Lynn :)

have they still got the Wave Machine at the swimming pool?

IN Great Yarmouth if you please! :p

No idea on the wave machine I'm afraid; haven't used the pool in years. Probably; it's that sort of pool. I'd use the one in Gorleston if I wanted to use a swimming pool anyway as then I'd at least have some chance of getting a few lengths [fnar fnar] in. That's if one could manage to get in the pool with the 'ladies' swimming breast stroke side by side and taking up 9/10's of the width of the pool as they slowly swim up and down, exercising their lips more than their limbs. Oh and don't let your hair touch the water ladies! We wouldn't want it to upset your perm! *grumpy stare*

Our weather is shocking today here too. Still we've had a glorious Summer here so we can't complain about the odd bit of rain for a change.

Oh and I just checked the Steam Forum [via Google] because I thought there was something wrong with my Steam Client as I was unlocking Achievements in FTL but they weren't showing up on my Profile or Activity page. I turns out that they are only in-game achievements and not actual Steam Achievements. Fair enough. I do feel dirty after reading some of the comments on the Steam Forum though. Apparently if it doesn't have Steam Achievements then it's "no sale" ¬_¬. Disappointingly however no-one said that because the game didn't have Steam Achievements it was 'unfinnish'. *sigh* Grief gets all the fun :(.

Cambridge here, steam GAF East Anglia Collective unite.

Finally reached the first boss in Volgarr, only to be sent back to the midway point when I died... But I beat him the third time.

It is hard as nails...but I've got those Rastan skills stored away. I've got this.

Good job, I beat that boss this morning, took me mor then 3 goes for sure. Although I've now mastered the first world enough to be able to get through with my starting equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom