• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

So how about those games, guys?

I decided to finally finish Binary Domain. Well...

E8A213DADB8844490A7D1948FB301827675394E7

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wow, so brown and tinted. That must be where all those FPS take place that I've so foolishly decried for their "realism".

Kidding, I love San Diego, I visit once a year and enjoy it every time.

Oh lol. My white balance was waaaay off. Somehow I didn't really notice. Sitting next to other photos it is indeed super brown though. Fixed that. Haha

But yeah, San Diego is nice. Too many suburbs though...

Tenrius

Binary Domain is great, I completed it on the 360 and I loved it

Yeah, it's pretty nice. The gameplay really shows that they had never made a shooter prior to the game's release though: a lot of enemies are bullet sponges, sometimes you run out of ammo during boss fights and some of the segments are just plain bad (like the Tsar Runner, that was the reason I put the game on hold in the first place).

I think I'm playing on the hardest diffculty, so that might be the reason behind much of these complaints.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, it's pretty nice. The gameplay really shows that they had never made a shooter prior to the game's release though: a lot of enemies are bullet sponges, sometimes you run out of ammo during boss fights and some of the segments are just plain bad (like the Tsar Runner, that was the reason I put the game on hold in the first place).

I think I'm playing on the hardest diffculty, so that might be the reason behind much of these complaints.

I think so because I never encountered any of those issues.
For a first attempt on a regular difficulty though the game was made pretty well.

Cheddahz

Banned

I played it on normal and it felt fine to me, though some of the bosses would just eat my bullets for a late afternoon snack

Firebrand

Tsar Runner isn't so bad on normal, but takes forever to kill on hard. Not difficult, just has a million HP.

Love BD, should do a fourth playthrough sometime.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Microsoft did another round of patching so my computer rebooted around 3 eastern, taking ModBot with it. Sorry about anyone who experienced service disruption.

The_Monk

I really hope that one day we can buy a Bundle/Pack and those titles we do not want or already have it on our Library can be put in our inventory for Gifting. I say this because I was looking into the Tomb Raider Collection and I would like to have the older titles, but I already have some.

EDIT: Now we need to post a picture of our country? Did I miss something fellow GAFfers? I'm okay with that.

Jawmuncher

I really hope that one day we can buy a Bundle/Pack and those titles we do not want or already have it on our Library can be put in our inventory for Gifting.

I say this because I was looking into the Tomb Raider Collection and I would like to have the older titles, but I already have some.

Agreed. Really wish Steam would allow this.
It's especially a nuisance with the humble bundles that put all the games into one key.
Have wasted so many games I could give away because of that.

Turfster

I really hope that one day we can buy a Bundle/Pack and those titles we do not want or already have it on our Library can be put in our inventory for Gifting. I say this because I was looking into the Tomb Raider Collection and I would like to have the older titles, but I already have some.
Yeah, I think people have been asking for that for ages, and they really should implement that. It's frankly criminal that they don't do that, since you're *paying* for them anyway.

The_Monk said:
EDIT: Now we need to post a picture of our country? Did I miss something fellow GAFfers? I'm okay with that.
People seem to want us to end up in Community...

Scottish GAF ahoooy-

drunk-party-922840650.jpg

Lovely and sunny here, perfect for an afternoon of Dishonoured :).

It's actually been so nice, I can't believe it for september, especially compared to the rain I've had recently where I'm at (Ayrshire). Productive day of weeding, mowing, and playing "thor and the frost giants" with the lil un in the garden. No games yet but I can't complain.

Publishers can already opt-in to do this. I've never seen anyone actually do it though.

oh hey, ModBots up and running again. Let's do this:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Frozen Synapse -- MB-AC221C45F5464671 - Taken by Motorbreath. 14 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-CED30CF34E3785EA - Taken by Karu. 3 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-45C6F4E2B4F11ABE

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Trine 2: Complete Story was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FTL: Faster Than Light was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1379184121z1.png

Karu

Too lazy to post a picture... :'-(

German staying in Norway for 5 month-GAF here!

Wrote a ticket the other day since I lost all my loginData, they helped me out and I'm happy now. The way it should be! =)

Diedac

first post, testing Modbot
More will be coming
Enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-CD3065CC823E6450 - Taken by MajorMelchett
Brutal Legend -- MB-AD479CEDAF903C71 - Taken by IcyRhythms

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mark of the Ninja was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Brutal Legend was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom