• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I have a PS4 pre-ordered on Amazon and intend to give PS+ a try, but I'm still not entirely sure if I'll have enough money to cover it without taking a significant chunk out of what I've been squirrelling away for the Autumn Sale, which isn't something I want to do

I pre-ordered one and thanks to selling my PS3 and some PS360 titles I will pay about 30€/50€ for a new one. My PS+ is good until 2015 but I can see your concern fellow GAFfer.

Regarding the upcoming Steam Sales my wallet already took a sad hit that I won't recover anytime soon to be honest.
I was so upset I even posted that suff here

I just "beat" Fez. (Found 32 cubes). After that ending, I... I think I gotta go ly dow.

God, I didn't understand shit :lol. Do the artifacts do something besides unlocking achievements? What's the deal with the owls? Is there something like a rosetta stone somethere to decipher the FEZ language?

Am I stupid? :(

I have to admit I am really unfamiliar with any of his other works besides Good Omens but I thought it was fantastic. The brevity of it all worked very well to help make it feel more dream-like as there was so much information jammed into less than 200 pages. I also felt like he explained exactly as much as he needed to, while still leaving a vast sea (or is it an ocean?) of things left without any explanation at all.

Sweet, I had no idea it was so concise, I like a book that can just knock it on the head first time, I think I shall be reading this next then. <Insert "You should really read American Gods then" when discussing what Neil Gaiman novels are good>. I might be way off, but if I'm reading what you liked about the book there (without having read it myself obviously haha) you might even want to have a little look at his Sandman works in the comic medium. Very literally dream-like with alot of what you described there.

I just "beat" Fez. (Found 32 cubes). After that ending, I... I think I gotta go ly dow.

God, I didn't understand shit :lol. Do the artifacts do something besides unlocking achievements? What's the deal with the owls? Is there something like a rosetta stone somethere to decipher the FEZ language?

Am I stupid? :(

I was the same way until I cheated to figure out the language, I just couldn't force myself to learn it in order to finish the game.

Turfster

Sweet, I had no idea it was so concise, I like a book that can just knock it on the head first time, I think I shall be reading this next then. <Insert "You should really read American Gods then" when discussing what Neil Gaiman novels are good>. I might be way off, but if I'm reading what you liked about the book there (without having read it myself obviously haha) you might even want to have a little look at his Sandman works in the comic medium. Very literally dream-like with alot of what you described there.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane is amazing, but it will make you cry like a little girl.
Read it now.

Tenrius

I pre-ordered one and thanks to selling my PS3 and some PS360 titles I will pay about 30€/50€ for a new one. My PS+ is good until 2015 but I can see your concern fellow GAFfer.

Regarding the upcoming Steam Sales my wallet already took a sad hit that I won't recover anytime soon to be honest.
I was so upset I even posted that suff here

Hey, don't let it get you down. You know there are some brighter days ahead and I'm sure you have a sizeable Steam backlog to go through at your leisure. I know I do and, going through something of a rough patch myself, it definitely is a good thing.

I think I'll actually skip the Autumn sale if at all possible so that I can afford the Xbox One and PS4. I have so many steam games to finish anyway, need to draw that line!

Turfster

AFAIK they removed that options some months ago. Or at least, they removed it for Italy, probably to push Amazon.it which often has slightly worse prices.

Oh, you're probably right.
Checked the site:
Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Sweden are eligible.

Tenrius

Some people have been asking about that A Game of Thrones RPG. I think this screenshot I took might help you decide:

2729EDD237E865493498DA5C4330C61724984EEF

Grief.exe

Papers, Please is a pretty hard game. I only lasted 8 days until everybody died, barely making any money. I think I made about $15 in total (as in disposable income) and I didn't get much citations. Does it get better or do I just have to be super fast?

Its all about getting checks in your mind for each piece of document.

Go down, line by line, and analyze all of your checks.

People just operate differently than others though. I can see how all of that data might overwhelm someone.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh wow, we're getting close to the end of this thread. I can finally reveal the title I thought up last time:

Steam OT 6... seasons and a moving.

Tenrius

Its all about getting checks in your mind for each piece of document.

Go down, line by line, and analyze all of your checks.

People just operate differently than others though. I can see how all of that data might overwhelm someone.

Well, I did get faster by the end, was just wondering if not getting a lot of money was a normal situation for the early stages of the game (e.g. you get more money per person later on).

Batten down the hatches - the first decent storm of the Autumn will be here tomorrow. :(

Aye, judging by the ould fella next door's apocalyptic tones, we'll be lucky to survive....

Still, at least I can carry on playing Dishonoured, knowing there's nothing worth going outside for...

Anyway, serious question, has there ever been a fix for the 'lag' in Dishonoured, when you change angle quickly, and it seems like the new view needs to be streamed in? Really annoying when you're Blinking around and the frame rate drops to single digits just when you're creeping up on someone. It even happens in the menu screen (see vid below), and it looks from my poor Google-ing to be a problem specific to AMD cards (I have an HD 7850)-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbZ2dE4P-Y n.b. there are potential spoilers in this video

It's far more pronounced on the menu screen for me, and it also lasts far longer in level.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Would moving to the community tab really change things much at this point?

You wouldn't get a ton of new people, mainly.

I made a Tea OT that got moved to Community and the move basically killed it. Steam OT would do better because it just naturally has a larger pull and a larger base of people, but a lot of people don't use the subscription feature and without it constantly being on the front page will forget about it.

Edit:

Will end at 20.000 posts correct, good sir?

Forgot to reply to this: Yes, that's when the switch over usually happens.

Copons

Never actually understood what is the difference when going in Community, and what are the reason because a thread is moved there.

Turfster

Never actually understood what is the difference when going in Community, and what are the reason because a thread is moved there.

Too much off-topicness gets you moved to community (or after a month in case of game releases, but that's not applicable to Steam)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I made a Tea OT that got moved to Community and the move basically killed it. Steam OT would do better because it just naturally has a larger pull and a larger base of people, but a lot of people don't use the subscription feature and without it constantly being on the front page will forget about it.

I'm actually sorry about that. We move all OT type threads in order to keep the churn in the main forums a bit fresher, but I recognize that there are probably a few of the smaller communities that sort of die as a result--I know the Disney Blu-Ray thread, which is one of my hang-outs on GAF, really got decimated by the OTC move. Unfortunately since there's relatively few active moderators there's no real easy way to enforce any standard other than all or none :/

I can move it back to OT for a little while if you want to have it pick up some Steam.

Tenrius

Well, my point is that we are not seemingly getting an awful lot of new people as is. Or maybe that's just an impression I got.

I'm actually sorry about that. We move all OT type threads in order to keep the churn in the main forums a bit fresher, but I recognize that there are probably a few of the smaller communities that sort of die as a result--I know the Disney Blu-Ray thread, which is one of my hang-outs on GAF, really got decimated by the OTC move. Unfortunately since there's relatively few active moderators there's no real easy way to enforce any standard other than all or none :/

I can move it back to OT for a little while if you want to have it pick up some Steam.

hehe nice pun there.

Crayons

Banned

Long ago, the two boards lived together in harmony. After spies from both boards started revolutions, both sides began civil wars . The Discussion sides favored a flow of new ideas whereas the Community sides favored tradition and unity. There isn't much talk between the community and discussion sides anymore, and simply starting any bonds with anyone on the discussion side is frowned upon. As a result, whenever a thread on the discussion side gets too friendly, it's quickly banished to the community side; a small wasteland of friendly people hurt by the divide. Some family members are even separated by this divide. In the end, it hurts everyone.

Copons

Too much off-topicness gets you moved to community (or after a month in case of game releases, but that's not applicable to Steam)

It's so the front page of gaming isn't dominated by insular threads about old games.

Thank you, I understand and it seems reasonable, but...

Long ago, the two boards lived together in harmony. After spies from both boards started revolutions, both sides began civil wars . The Discussion sides favored a flow of new ideas whereas the Community sides favored tradition and unity. There isn't much talk between the community and discussion sides anymore, and simply starting any bonds with anyone on the discussion side is frowned upon. As a result, whenever a thread on the discussion side gets too friendly, it's quickly banished to the community side; a small wasteland of friendly people hurt by the divide. Some family members are even separated by this divide. In the end, it hurts everyone.

...I totally prefer this explanation.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Some people have been asking about that A Game of Thrones RPG. I think this screenshot I took might help you decide:

I thought the game was much, much better than it's reputation suggests. Not a masterpiece but far from a bad game, especially the story is very intriguing and fits the tone of GoT perfectly.

Hmm, gotta continue that game at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom