• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ouch. That's a really low score fellow GAFfer.

I would give it at least a 5/10 (the same score he gave to the Aliens game).

Hey Monk, what's your PSN name? We should play Killzone sometime.

jediyoshi said:
Wow, MP3 social club is infinitely more buggy than I remember. I had less issues in GTA4 with gfwl/old social club

I loaded MP3 for the first time last night and had to fight with this. There's an unfamiliar name on my Social Club account. FriendlyWealth29. Nowhere close to any username I've ever had. It made me really paranoid.

I haven't had any issues with MP3 socialclub, outside of the minor annoyance of having to wait 5 seconds or so for it to finish the sign in process before I can hit enter. I like seeing all my scores and the like.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the upcoming Steam Sales my wallet already took a sad hit that I won't recover anytime soon to be honest.
I was so upset I even posted that suff here
So sad to hear this, man. Hope all those products help you in the end. I'm always here if you wanna talk or vent.

The_Monk

I believe I will make a short break from it, for now fellow GAFfer (have about 10 hours between SP and MP).

Playing Dead Space on PC right now, believe it or not it's my first time despite having finished Dead Space 2 (twice) and also Dead Space Extraction. Just ended Chapter 3 and that's it for today (because it's night in here, and, yeah...)

So sad to hear this, man. Hope all those products help you in the end. I'm always here if you wanna talk or vent.

Thanks a lot good sir. I just need to keep a positive attitude, that's all. Same thing goes for you, anytime.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm actually sorry about that. We move all OT type threads in order to keep the churn in the main forums a bit fresher, but I recognize that there are probably a few of the smaller communities that sort of die as a result--I know the Disney Blu-Ray thread, which is one of my hang-outs on GAF, really got decimated by the OTC move. Unfortunately since there's relatively few active moderators there's no real easy way to enforce any standard other than all or none :/

I can move it back to OT for a little while if you want to have it pick up some Steam.

Oh don't worry about it! I understand the move and I'm not sure if a temporary move back would gain much traction as a lot of people oddly do not use subscriptions to keep up on threads they're interested in. We'd get a small boost and then it'd go back to where it is now.

Thanks, though!

Well, my point is that we are not seemingly getting an awful lot of new people as is. Or maybe that's just an impression I got.

As a person who has been posting in Steam threads for years now: you'd be surprised at the amount of new faces that rotate in after a major event. This thread constantly being on the first page doesn't hurt, either.

Jawmuncher

I only pay for Finnish games.

I think this opinion is short-sighted and uninformed

Perhaps though I know some people just prefer not to.
I personally don't feel the need to buy Beta's or Early Acess games. But that's just because I can wait. I know if there was something interesting enough to me I probably would go ahead and grab it.

Rouge Legacy is sooooo good. Should have bought this sooner

It's pretty fun for what I've put into it.

My main beef is when I get a really good run, it doesn't seem like it had to do with ME personally being good or doing well or learning some new thing, just that I had a lucky map which kind of sucks and discourages me from even bothering much longer with it.

As a person who has been posting in Steam threads for years now: you'd be surprised at the amount of new faces that rotate in after a major event. This thread constantly being on the first page doesn't hurt, either.

GAF basically is the Steam thread for me. I feel a bit weird posting anywhere else. I'm certainly not going into any Community threads again- I don't have any more brain bleach.

Tenrius

I know some people who oppose even regular pre-orders, because "the game might turn end up being bad and you'd be supporting a bad game". I don't think that's a very good stance.

I thought the game was much, much better than it's reputation suggests. Not a masterpiece but far from a bad game, especially the story is very intriguing and fits the tone of GoT perfectly.

Hmm, gotta continue that game at one point.

I've played it just for a couple of hours last year and yeah, it's worth a look at least. Got distracted by something else (Dishonored, probably), but I think I'll give it another go one of these days.

MRORANGE

Agreed, we get a lot of new-comers from the sales threads as well as when the new set of gaf users are enlisted as well as the odd person who 'see's the light''. This thread would not have the appeal if it was in community.

Steam's developerment has helped a lot though, remember when we only had one Steam thread for two years?

Agreed, we get a lot of new-comers from the sales threads as well as when the new set of gaf users are enlisted as well as the odd person who 'see's the light''. This thread would not have the appeal if it was in community.

Steam's developerment has helped a lot though, remember when we only had one Steam thread for two years?

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN. It took about two years for me to get registered on here, but that title was a perfect fit.

Do you want a fun game which involves your brain, or do you want to torture yourself until your muscular reflexes are trained?

GTA V
Rogue Legacy at least your paying a completed game instead of a apha/beta/whatever Kerbal is right now.

What do you like more, building and designing rockets and stuff or a platformer with some roguelike elements?

Rogue Legacy, Kerbal still needs some major work done.
Think I'll go with Rogue Legacy then and I'll pick up Kerbal when it's finished. Cheers

Jawmuncher

Definitely the reason why I stuck my head in.
Don't think I would've bothered with the thread had it been in OT instead of the front page.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OK, you won.

jVnnlb2.png

It better be good, I payed a whole $1.45 for it.

I swear to god, I bough a CoD pack in the summer of 2009 for less than €30 and it had all the CoD games up to and including Word at War. This sale is just laughable.

It really is hilarious. I'm kind of hoping for Singularity and V:MB to hit 75% off but that's a pipe dream.

dab0ne

Hey guys, I'm trying to play Max Payne 3 on Steam but it's saying the Social Club can't be linked to Steam. Can anyone else try out Max Payne 3 to see if they're getting the same problem? Thanks.

Grief.exe

I couldn't even name a game from Finland. But I respect your principles.

Just did some quick research.

Max Payne developer Remedy, Angry Birds developer Rovio, Legend of Grimrock developer Almost Human, and The Swapper developer Facepalm Games are all based out of Finland.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I loaded MP3 for the first time last night and had to fight with this. There's an unfamiliar name on my Social Club account. FriendlyWealth29. Nowhere close to any username I've ever had. It made me really paranoid.

I had a bunch of people on my friend's list with names I've never heard of before.

The_Monk

Half the fun of this thread is getting new faces in and discussing awesome games that they have never even heard of.

Ok fellow GAFfer. I'm just glad it's okay for me to be playing the first Dead Space for the first time. *runs*

Tomorrow I'll hit Chapter 4. I'm really enjoying it to be honest, it's not my first Dead Space game by the way.

Good luck

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Darksiders -- MB-75E9D9D03B23707F - Taken by DeadlyVirus

Jawmuncher

Same here had a weird name on mine as well.
Social Club is so damn pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom