• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

I REALLY wish Trials Gold was steam, not Uplay. I guess ill have to reside to getting it when its on offer on xbox marketplace. $10 on "sale" is too high IMO also.

Salsa

Yeah its no wonder why they hate the PC. Remember the old Capcom ports? Ugh. Or the Dark Souls Port was another problem. It just showed how bad japanese Devs are with the PC. And that some people could fix a problem they couldnt in a few minutes.

I dont mean about them being incompetent to make proper ports (they can always outsource), im talking about the fact that a lot of them dont even try releasing there. Steam isnt too big on Japan and they just seem to be unaware of the success

From were good, they straight up said "we dont know what the fuck we're doing" when they released Dark Souls so there were no surprises, and followed by saying Dark Souls 2 is being developed with PC in mind first and foremost. Gentlemen and Scholars.

So, if I buy the Humble Bundle for, let's say, 5$ (which is above the average atm), I also get the BF3 key?

If so, I'll jump all over it just for BF3

Salsa

Buy it on Xbox because it feels better on Xbox.

I've had a 100% pleasant experience with the PC port of Trials other than Uplay getting in the way (meaning no steam leaderboards and all that)

I was expecting the worst shit ever and was pleasantly surprised. Runs perfectly. I guess it's erratic depending on one's rig or something cause yup no problems here.

Should I? It takes money away from eventual Saints Row IV pre-order though.

Based on my experiences playing in the US region: the online community can be kind of dead during off-peak hours, during the week you usually end up playing a small variety of the same people, and more people play during the weekend.

I've put in about 150 hours into the game in the ~4 months I've had the PC version.

If you know you'll enjoy the game for a long time buy it, otherwise pre-order SRIV

BorntoPlay

Oh yeah. Don't have an awesome arcade stick too.

you only need this...

KXrOQyVosiIA1OOp.standard

Addnan

I've had a 100% pleasant experience with the PC port of Trials other than Uplay getting in the way (meaning no steam leaderboards and all that)

I was expecting the worst shit ever and was pleasantly surprised. Runs perfectly. I guess it's erratic depending on one's rig or something cause yup no problems here.

For me it's been. Turn vsync on input lag and stuttering is unbearable, turn vsync off so much tearing. Xbox version just runs without the risk of running into any issues. PC version does have the Trials HD tracks so that might be a deciding factor.

Gvaz

Banned
That's what we were pining about. The ports are easy, it's just devs not giving a fuck.

I would buy all the kingdom under fire, ninety nine nights, lost oddsey, blue dragons, dragons dogma, demon souls, journey, armored core, etc

if they'd just release the damn shit on PC where we can take advantage of all the bonuses from having a pc game.

I would buy all the kingdom under fire, ninety nine nights, lost oddsey, blue dragons, dragons dogma, demon souls, journey, armored core, etc

if they'd just release the damn shit on PC where we can take advantage of all the bonuses from having a pc game.

1. Journey will never get a port because its Sony exclusiv Indie game.
2. Demon Souls is a sony exclusiv title.

The rest could be ported.

Dead Space - Steam Code

Origin codes incoming

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-21C232EDFA0D3712

Salsa

whatever, Thatgamecompany's deal with Sony ended and they almost went bankrupt before releasing Journey

add some water and you get "we'll release every game we ever make in the future on Steam"

Origin codes

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space -- MB-00BFEFB296644C02
Mirror's Edge -- MB-99333D1EE1C78CB5 - Taken by kaleii
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-03861D2530A0429E - Taken by Mugatu
Sims 3 Starter Park -- MB-6862184FB9CB0DEE - Taken by Wok
Medal of Honor -- MB-1F67FC7598047E44 - Taken by Kuroyume
Burnout Paradise -- MB-A34F1955BD72D1EF - Taken by FloatingDivider

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam codes:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-A536415A00699878 - Taken by FloatingDivider
Medal of Honor -- MB-FEDADC3BF684BDEF - Taken by Kuroyume
Mirror's Edge -- MB-8D86B1891853ECB3 - Taken by The Super Bob
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-BF68B6B55D6FCB5F - Taken by Deques
Dead Space -- MB-5CC82C2530564F85 - Taken by webrunner

whatever, Thatgamecompany's deal with Sony ended and they almost went bankrupt before releasing Journey

add some water and you get "we'll release every game we ever make in the future on Steam"

Yeah. They needed another year for a few changes. A team with this size would have needed a few weeks to do this but they needed a whole fucking year for it. I saw the presentation of them and it was a fucking joke.

They changed the level where you first see those flying enemy things. They just changed the color and the Mesh of the enemy. Then next : They changed a few things in the endlevel like the chasing part with hiding under those buildings(?).

And that was it.

BorntoPlay

Nope. This.

Lighter, wired for less delay, better build quality, ergonomically better.

I've played with both and I prefer the original version, has better dpad, better ergonomics for larger hands and I should clarify that ALL wired controllers has zero delays ... ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Sims 3 stuff is on Steam so I'm a little surprised EA didn't bother to offer Steam keys for it too. I would've opted to beat the average were that the case.

Wok

The Sims 3 stuff is on Steam so I'm a little surprised EA didn't bother to offer Steam keys for it too. I would've opted to beat the average were that the case.

In my case, I cannot beat the average since I have bought 3 bundles with the same Paypal account, so I am on a humble cooldown (which is not my will).

kWNjVz0.png

Echoplx

Don't you still have a low resolution monitor? Only way I was able to get good frame was to run it in like 720p windowed mode, both 1080p and 1440p were unplayable. I still get frame drops sometimes at 720p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom