• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Humble actually got EA a deal with the Humdle Bundle, hope I will see Ubisoft, Activision or CapCom next.

I don't think this will happen. 100% sure for Activision and Capcom. 80% for Ubi. I don't even really see why EA is doing this. Probably to get people on Origin, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

I'm hoping for a really good Indie bundle again next.

Evoland, Joe Danger, Reus, Incredipede

something like that

fantomena

I mean, I was very suprised to see an EA bundle where you could get DS3 for 1$ and that they even gave out Steam codes for some games. The Humble Origin Bundle makes a Ubisoft/Activision/CapCom very possible now.

I mean, I was very suprised to see an EA bundle where you could get DS3 for 1$ and that they even gave out Steam codes for some games. The Humble Origin Bundle makes a Ubisoft/Activision/CapCom very possible now.
Specially Ubisoft, they might want to do the same to get people on Uplay.

extrapolating.png

I disagree. I'm pretty sure the driving force behind the bundle is to get people on Origin. They give steam codes so we buy it...but even if most people give away the origin codes, someone is taking them.

more codes out in circulation : more people on Origin.

Not that i'm complaining, Humble is definitely making it harder to buy games through steam now.

Specially Ubisoft, they might want to do the same to get people on Uplay.

forgot about Uplay. valid point.

"I hope we get a windows bundle to get people on GFWL" - said no one ever

fantomena

Guardians of Middle Earth announced for PC

Press release:

Return to the epic battles and heart-pounding action of Middle-earth as Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Guardians of Middle-earth for Windows PC. Developed by Monolith Studios and brought to PC by Zombie Studios, Guardians of Middle-earth will be available for distribution through Steam and other digital retailers on August 29.

Windows PC players will soon be able to battle through Middle-earth via the wildly popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) genre. Gamers will have access to Guardians of Middle-earth’s 36 original playable Guardian characters, earnable through gameplay and in-game currency. Players will have access to three modes and six maps including The Shire, Goblin-town, Mirkwood and Survival gameplay previously introduced as downloadable content (DLC). Exclusive to the PC version of Guardians of Middle-earth, there will be 36 alternate Guardian skins available for purchase through Steam. Guardians of Middle-earth for PC will support Steamworks integration, Big Picture full controller compatibility and Raptr integration for live streaming matches.

Guardians of Middle-earth for PC will be available at multiple purchase levels: the base game for €18.99 which includes playable, immediately unlocked Guardians Gandalf, Galadriel, Thráin, Gollum, Hildifons and Legolas and their alternate skins, and the Mithril Edition for €73.99* which includes all 36 playable Guardians, 36 alternate skins, the Mithril Guardian Relic and a buddy key. The 36 alternate Guardian skins will be available for purchase in class-specific bundles which include five Guardians and their five alternate skins for €13.99 In addition, gamers can purchase Smaug’s Treasure, which includes in-game currency and Smaug’s Greed Relic for €9.99. Players who pre-order Guardians of Middle-earth: Mithril Edition via Steam will receive 10 percent off and those who pre-order Guardians of Middle-earth will receive 10 percent off and a special Company of Dwarves bundle, including five playable Guardians including Ori, Nori, Glóin, Kíli, Thorin Oakenshield and their alternate Guardian skins.

Guardians of Middle-earth brings a five versus five, player versus player (PvP) competitive battle experience set in the epic lore of Middle-earth to PC. With matches ranging from 15 to 30 minutes, players can choose to play against friends and other live competitors or take on artificial intelligence combatants in the PvP, Co-Op vs. AI, Survival or Training modes. Gamers will have access to a detailed online system to track friends’ victories and defeats any time through integrated stats and leaderboard systems, to connect with other players via in-game voice communication and more.

Shoot for the stars, Jase - aim high. Believe, etc.

I'd just be happy to wake up to an X3 Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude bundle tomorrow... but is that too much to ask after today's Humble shenanigans?
Wasn't the X bundle found in the registry a few days ago? I'd say the chances of seeing it in ~4 hours as the Humble weekly are pretty high.

I believe the simulator games is one of the best concepts ever. If I was a full member I'd create a thread in which people could suggest the next big hitting simulator game concept.
I'd personally enjoy a dog grooming simulator, it would use a control system similar to surgeon simulator.

Milamber

Wasn't the X bundle found in the registry a few days ago? I'd say the chances of seeing it in ~4 hours as the Humble weekly are pretty high.

Would buy if it had discount pre-order to Rebirth. It may go something like this...

Humble Weekly Sale

- X: BtF
- X: Tension
- X: Gold
- X²: The Threat
--------above average--------
- X³: Reunion
- X³: Terran Conflict
- X³: Albion Prelude
-------pay $20.00 or more--------
- X: Rebirth

tempting. Isn't there a balance patch that's supposed to be happening somewhat soon to fix the gem system clusterfuck?

It already happened a while ago and did significantly improve the game. In particular gems resolve down to a limited preselection now (you can still use the full set if you want, but nobody should).

The remaining problems are mostly concerning high level play, so I do recommend it for general fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I missed this because the thread was moving so fast.

Should have it's own new news thread.

Great to see so many console games not being stuck on what is soon to be a bunch of 'dead' platforms. :)

Well, to play Devil's Advocate, since the sub name is just "Enslaved" and there's no publisher info, it could be a different game to Odyssey to the West.

Kifimbo

Well, to play Devil's Advocate, since the sub name is just "Enslaved" and there's no publisher info, it could be a different game to Odyssey to the West.

Doubt it. Namco Bandai owns the Enslaved trademark. No way they would let someone use it for another game.

I've been playing one game that I bought during the Summer Sale it's Endless Space. It's my first contact with the 4x genre and I'm having such good time with it. I still don't have any idea im what I'm doing and haven't fimished a game yet, since I always do some poor decisions and I choose to start a new game, but this time I'll go to the end of this campaign, even after I did lost an important system with a lot of good resources.

oipic

Would buy if it had discount pre-order to Rebirth. It may go something like this...

Humble Weekly Sale

- X: BtF
- X: Tension
- X: Gold
- X²: The Threat
--------above average--------
- X³: Reunion
- X³: Terran Conflict
- X³: Albion Prelude
-------pay $20.00 or more--------
- X: Rebirth

Perfect, Milamber. Take my money etc.

The expenditure of dollars is the easy bit there, I guess - it's the potential 300+ hours tacked onto the backlog that might sting a little (in a nice way).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Because 15 is an abortion that went wrong.

I don't think this will happen. 100% sure for Activision and Capcom. 80% for Ubi. I don't even really see why EA is doing this. Probably to get people on Origin, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

something like that
I'd totally buy the shit out of that bundle.

Meh. After the free games code last October, having to pay for Origin games doesn't sound too appealing.

something like that

I wouldn't really count on Reus, game just came out a few months ago. Really fun game though. Wish the games were not timed though.

tempting. Isn't there a balance patch that's supposed to be happening somewhat soon to fix the gem system clusterfuck?

Well the patch is already out and what it did in terms of gems was set default gem layouts. Essentially, they didn't really fix how screwed up custom gem selection was (well, they tried that too but the sub-system was still a mess), they just implemented default layouts that used default gems that each had a purpose (increase attack power, meter building, defense, etc) and the community was fine with that as the tournament standard. If you were to buy it new now, you'd start with these default layouts so there's no need to fiddle around if you want to conform to the tournament standard (though nothing is stopping online opponents from picking their own custom gems).

For some folks the game may be tough to spectate but I personally find it fun enough to actually play.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Guardians of Middle Earth announced for PC

Press release:

I played a little on XBLA. It's a lane-based tug-of-war MOBA like every other lane-based tug-of-war MOBA. The skills are all built around console controls, almost everything is AoE--I basically found that skill usage consisted of spamming each skill one by one and waiting for the cooldown timer to elapse, rather than really choosing the appropriate skill at the appropriate time.

The one thing I thought it did that was kind of neat is that some games can have time limits in an effort to kill the terrible stalemate attrition stuff that sometimes happens in MOBAs.

I dunno. *shrugs*

FloatOn

Well the patch is already out and what it did in terms of gems was set default gem layouts. Essentially, they didn't really fix how screwed up custom gem selection was (well, they tried that too but the sub-system was still a mess), they just implemented default layouts that used default gems that each had a purpose (increase attack power, meter building, defense, etc) and the community was fine with that as the tournament standard. If you were to buy it new now, you'd start with these default layouts so there's no need to fiddle around if you want to conform to the tournament standard (though nothing is stopping online opponents from picking their own custom gems).

For some folks the game may be tough to spectate but I personally find it fun enough to actually play.

They really should remove custom gems entirely since it has been such a problem.

I just picked up Mortal Kombat for cheap on amazon so I'll be spending some time with this fighter. I already have SF:AE and I think if I were to spend more money on a fighting game I think Skullgirls would be a better choice than SFxT.

All this to say, I will get SFxT eventually but probably not now despite this really great sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom