• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Game Name 1 -- MB-F03DB1686A510AE1 - Taken by NingenJanai
Game Name 2 -- MB-98763CA008A95042 - Taken by C00kie M0nster

Hope this works everybody. Happy to give back to the community! :)

I intentionally left them as "Game Name" SPIN THE WHEEL OF DESTINY!

They really should remove custom gems entirely since it has been such a problem.

I just picked up Mortal Kombat for cheap on amazon so I'll be spending some time with this fighter. I already have SF:AE and I think if I were to spend more money on a fighting game I think Skullgirls would be a better choice than SFxT.

All this to say, I will get SFxT eventually but probably not now despite this really great sale.

MK9 on PC has bad netcode and something is screwed up with the online lobbies not showing people. But if you're just in it for single-player and offline play then you'll be fine (though look up how to replace the story mode cutscenes as the included files are poorly compressed).

Get Skullgirls, look up KOF13 and consider that when it drops in September. Don't forget Divekick is also next week if that interests you as well.

Dolor

Would buy if it had discount pre-order to Rebirth. It may go something like this...

Humble Weekly Sale

- X: BtF
- X: Tension
- X: Gold
- X²: The Threat
--------above average--------
- X³: Reunion
- X³: Terran Conflict
- X³: Albion Prelude
-------pay $20.00 or more--------
- X: Rebirth

I would buy this for Rebirth in a heartbeat.

Starting to feel a little bad that Steam is missing out on all my game monies...

FloatOn

MK9 on PC has bad netcode and something is screwed up with the online lobbies not showing people. But if you're just in it for single-player and offline play then you'll be fine (though look up how to replace the story mode cutscenes as the included files are poorly compressed).

Get Skullgirls, look up KOF13 and consider that when it drops in September. Don't forget Divekick is also next week if that interests you as well.

I noticed that about the cutscenes, I found it pretty irritating that the quality was so low on them. So there is a way to fix this? Do you have a link handy?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In accordance with updated win statistics, I slightly adjusted the global throttle on ModBot to be slightly more restrictive:
- All users can only win one game every 15 minutes (No change)
- Users who have won 7 or more games in the last week must wait 6 hours (Previously: 9+ games)
- Users who have won 12 or more games in the last week must wait 24 hours (Previously: 15+ games)

The throttle is designed to only impact the users who are bordering on abusive behaviour, and impacts less than 10% of all those users who win. As statistics dictate it, it will be loosened again in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience. I am not reporting user statistics at this time, and there's no need to name and shame.

chronomac

In accordance with updated win statistics, I slightly adjusted the global throttle on ModBot to be slightly more restrictive:
- Users who have won 7 or more games in the last week must wait 6 hours (Previously: 9+ games)
- Users who have won 12 or more games in the last week must wait 24 hours (Previously: 15+ games)

The throttle is designed to only impact the users who are bordering on abusive behaviour, and impacts less than 10% of all those users who win. As statistics dictate it, it will be loosened again in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience. I am not reporting user statistics at this time, and there's no need to name and shame.

Good tweaks I think. Can we get a list of the people who have won the most? And maybe another for the most generous users? If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. I just think it'd be helpful to some.

Eanan

You can see who has won the most things from modbot?

Just playing devils advocate here, but could you tell us how many items the person on top of that list has won? Just so we can see what kind of abuse are talking about here. You dont name and shame them if you dont want to obviously.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Thanks. The system could use the tuning. Good on you.

Just playing devils advocate here, but could you tell us how many items the person on top of that list has won? Just so we can see what kind of abuse are talking about here. You dont name and shame them if you dont want to obviously.

Same here actually. I'm not exactly fishing and always looking but if I see a game for me or a friend, I have claimed it. Matter of fact, I believe 2 of the games I've won were for friends.

...yet.

great work btw. ModBot has been a HUGE help to giving in this thread

LiquidMetal14

Pretty much everyone is. EA says they're currently working on fixing it.

I'm glad I redeemed my codes when I did.

EA can't handle it's own service it seems. I'm sure there is an influx of new Origin members. I just want to claim my games and use the ones that don't require Origin to run.

LiquidMetal14

Which Origin-exclusives in that Bundle don't require Origin to run? The Sims 3?

I own many more games that are not just in that bundle. I'm mainly referring to not liking to have to use Origin to launch games. There is a few that I have that force me to run it.

garath

Holy shit. Almost 800.000 Origin bundles sold. The Deep Silver bundle did never even make it to 500.000.

The sad part is I bought the bundle for $10 (it's for charity, can spend a couple extra bucks) and redeemed all the steam keys last night (Origin was down of course) and realized I didn't want to play a single game.

Oh well. I made a donation to charity. Feels good. Maybe the wife will want to play Sims after Origin fixes itself.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That Enslaved rumor/news is so yesterday. If this thread wasn't moving at a ridiculous rate due to CDkey dumps then it might have been seen by more people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Woaaaaaaaaaaaah! Looks I could finally play it at an actually good frame rate!
Any chance Splatterhouse can be on Steam? I liked the PS3 game but it had some graphical and a few frame rate issues.

It's a Scamco game, so, sure, there's a chance.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Nice to see tweaking to Modbot going on, it's such a great little tool for helping Gaffers out. I've been lucky enough to get a few games from it and it's been fantastic each time. Love seeing games I enjoy getting gifted out too, like FTL when that was all the rage. I'd be interested to see some stats though, maybe stuff like average number of games won by one member? Or at least most games won by a single member, just out of idle curiosity.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't have the time at the end of the day to skim this thread all the time for news like that :/

Which is hilarious because the thread title does say that this is for Steam Announcements & Updates, yet they are almost impossible to find in the torrential downpour of barely related to Steam things.

Here are some Origin CD keys to make you feel better:

Ah, that LOTR MOBA thingy. Not free? Meh.
Yep. Releasing a moba not for free on pc is instant death for it in 2013. They must be smoking crack.
With the rate this thread has been going who does have time to catch up on the entire thread if they don't constantly read it while at work :p
Some of us actually do work at work :p
Which is hilarious because the thread title does say that this is for Steam Announcements & Updates, yet they are almost impossible to find in the torrential downpour of barely related to Steam things.

Here are some Origin CD keys to make you feel better:
oh man origin

thats my favorite steam thing to discuss in the steam thread

wetflame

Pizza Dog
And we aren't even on day 2, some heads might roll on EA, I don't think they expected such a big success.

800,000 potential new Origin users? I'm sure EA will be happy to take a hit to get more people onto their service. It's not like they're hurting for cash and the charity aspect is a huge boost to their PR.

Phinor

Guardians of Middle Earth announced for PC

Press release:

I was somewhat excited when this was leaked/announced earlier this Summer. But man, that is some premium PC pricing right there. 74€ for the full version. I'm not sure if 75% off is enough, might have to wait for 90% off.

I noticed that about the cutscenes, I found it pretty irritating that the quality was so low on them. So there is a way to fix this? Do you have a link handy?

Poking around and it seems the links were taken down and the PCGW doesn't link to the correct spot. Going to see if there's an alternative.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It's my robot, I can do anything I want any time I want. ;)

The person on top of the list is exactly at the high throttle. No one else is between the medium throttle and high throttle. Several people are slightly below the medium throttle. I appreciate that in a situation like yesterday where people are dumping the same five games dozens of times, someone is going to play the long game and get one of each over the course of the day, but I also don't want to enable resellers or anything like that.

Nice to see tweaking to Modbot going on, it's such a great little tool for helping Gaffers out. I've been lucky enough to get a few games from it and it's been fantastic each time. Love seeing games I enjoy getting gifted out too, like FTL when that was all the rage. I'd be interested to see some stats though, maybe stuff like average number of games won by one member? Or at least most games won by a single member, just out of idle curiosity.

698 unique winners
2713 prizes given out
409 unclaimed prizes
515 unique givers
1489 giveaways

kevin1025

Banned
It's my robot, I can do anything I want any time I want. ;)

The person on top of the list is exactly at the high throttle. No one else is between the medium throttle and high throttle. Several people are slightly below the medium throttle. I appreciate that in a situation like yesterday where people are dumping the same five games dozens of times, someone is going to play the long game and get one of each over the course of the day, but I also don't want to enable resellers or anything like that.

I felt dangerously close to that high throttle yesterday, based purely on luck :(. Did not expect to win what I did! But those tweaks are for the better to help keep things in order and to give everyone an even playing field, which is what ModBot is great for.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I felt dangerously close to that high throttle yesterday, based purely on luck :(. Did not expect to win what I did! But those tweaks are for the better to help keep things in order and to give everyone an even playing field, which is what ModBot is great for.

You are nowhere near the lower of the two throttles--remember both throttles are based on your number of wins this week.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
698 unique winners
2713 prizes given out
409 unclaimed prizes
515 unique givers
1489 giveaways

Pretty interesting stuff! Especially the 409 unclaimed prizes, I imagine a lot of those came in yesterday, haha. So looks like on average it's 3.88 games won per unique winner, 6.06 games given away per unique giver (including unclaimed). GAF is generous!

Gvaz

Banned
The PC version of the GFWL store is closing before the end of august.

You wont be able to buy anymore GFWL games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom