• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good looking? Not in my opinion. This dude is good looking:

images

I have kinda the same hair style as Gosling. :p

Fun fact: Saoirse Ronan is in his directorial debut, due out next year.

Double D

So I haven't checked the Steam website at work since the sale. Just checked it now and all prices are in Brazilian (I'm in the US). Is this happening to anyone else?

Salsa

what

jumping around with tall yellow rectangle is the best bro

yeah nothing more fun than carrying one square through a stage then switch back and having to do it with another one and get them in one specific place and fuck that shit

bad puzzle games are tedious

Just gotta say real quick that if you can find a populated lobby, The Showdown Effect is a fantastic multiplayer game. I played it for 10 hours or so during the beta and I had an absolute blast. Unfortunately since then I haven't played (because I forgot about it, then by the time I remembered, nobody was playing). Hopefully this bundle will populate the servers a bit.

It seemed so cool to me and then I saw it was multiplayer only and got disappointed. Then I saw the community was extremely small and was turned off.

HoosTrax

Where have you been?
If I have that kind of spare time on my hands, I'd rather be working through my backlog instead of watching someone else play games and blather on. But I guess this is my penalty for having to drive to work instead of being able to take public transportation :|

Freaking Amazon...take four whole days to prep my french press for mailing...one day for the post office to bring it by (why are they sending bulky glass objects through the mail to begin with...). No Prime subscription = Amazon equivalent of the DOTA2 low priority queue :|. I'm not sure mate is commonly available or even legal in the US, so yeah...

derExperte

yeah nothing more fun than carrying one square through a stage then switch back and having to do it with another one and get them in one specific place and fuck that shit

I feared it would end like this but you don't have to do that all too often. There was only one really bad level towards the end and the dev more or less apologizes in the commentary.

PS Pink doesn't make anyone look feminie, it just makes everyone who wears it look shitty. Most terrible color ever invented.

Grief.exe

I posted this in the GFWL removal thread, but I watched a video of Bioshock 2 multiplayer this morning and it looks seriously fun.

I don't want to post the video I was watching, it was just horrendous. It was two Xbox Live kiddies, running around, and just making a general ass of themselves.
The commentary started to give me a headache around the 10 minute mark.

I rock my Pink DS Lite with pride.

*pinkbrofist*

I waited for almost a year for an all black 3DS XL

iSaupLpOqL51e.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Heh, I got crucified when I was negative about Thomas was alone not too long ago.

I'll take a hit for you:

The game is good, but overstays its welcome to the point where the ending felt a little anticlimactic.

Here are my extras from the recent bundles I purchased:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-8E78C647609191D2 - Taken by MrBig
McPixel -- MB-07C7F05DD9C3B87E - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Medal of Honor -- MB-9D3D24273EECCC80 - Taken by kevin1025
Satazius -- MB-429B5D019DF9B31B - Taken by Divius
Mirror's Edge -- MB-BF87583170895DB6 - Taken by KMD

Nice background indeed, looks great.

What really caught my eye, however, was the screenshot from The Void in your showcase - reminds me that I really need to get stuck into that (following your recommendation):

It really is an incredibly varied, beautiful game. I stopped posting screenshots of the new areas after a while to avoid spoilers. There some some truly stunning locales though.

Also: Pewdiepie humble pack ;-;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hate game devs and publishers for making every game come out in august. Spare something for later, jeezes.

I'm trying to think of what I'll be buying in Q4 and all I can come up with is AssCreed 4 and Watch Dogs; in August alone, however, I've bought at least half-a-dozen new releases.

nexen

Leftovers from Humble Bundle:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Thomas was Alone -- MB-3F0504ED7D410722 - Taken by CyanideFuse
McPixel -- MB-DF5F3682A5C4868B - Taken by XShagrath

NinjaJesus311

Neo Member
I'm sorry for whoever plays McPixel

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-8D37CA952803C8D5 - Taken by Pops Maellard
McPixel -- MB-666C85A5F04BBE43 - Taken by Blablurn

Grief.exe

Ok, now its time for Betrayer.

I'll take a hit for you:

The game is good, but overstays its welcome to the point where the ending felt a little anticlimactic.

I can agree with this. I was definitely getting bored with the gameplay by about the half way point.

Music, atmosphere, narration, aesthetics, and story were still very good, but it certainly overstayed its welcome.

Is your pc in your table? I've always wanted to do this

Yes it is, I actually just finished building my desk last week, its functional right now but I haven't fully finished it yet.
Still have another hole to cut, screws to drill, and to sand the thing.

Here is another picture with my jarate

ik6kN80PjW6nT.png

You could have bought 50 Steam games with that money!

Its very strange transitioning from PC to console gaming. I do a lot of portable gaming on my commute, and picking up GBA/DS/3DS games is very expensive.

Acorn

I'll take a hit for you:

I just didn't see the point in it. It seemed the worst sort of indie (adjusts fake lense glasses) "profound" aka not profound at all just fluff that could be told in a single tweet.

Salsa

Its very strange transitioning from PC to console gaming. I do a lot of portable gaming on my commute, and picking up GBA/DS/3DS games is very expensive.

grabbing a 3DS on prime time made me realize that the idea of owning consoles alongside PC is just pure madness. My rig was kinda shitty when I had my DS so it was different

I can barely keep up. Im yet to finish Luigi's Mansion, slowed down on Animal Crossing after 120+ hours, and im just planning on skipping a bunch of stuff and getting only the games I really really want. It's not just the fact that paying full price feels shitty but also there's just too much stuff coming out on PC constantly.

zkylon

zkylewd

bad puzzle games are tedious

yellow rectangle makes up for it

yellow rectangle is best

Grief.exe

grabbing a 3DS on prime time made me realize that the idea of owning consoles alongside PC is just pure madness. My rig was kinda shitty when I had my DS so it was different

I can barely keep up. Im yet to finish Luigi's Mansion, slowed down on Animal Crossing after 120+ hours, and im just planning on skipping a bunch of stuff and getting only the games I really really want. It's not just the fact that paying full price feels shitty but also there's just too much stuff coming out on PC constantly.

Just wait for the buy 2 get 1 free sales. That is what I have been doing.

Sites run them on used and new games, so you can get games for about $10-$15 a pop if you know where to look.
I have the same strategy on waiting on console releases, so it really supports that method.

I'm keeping my blue XL for a redesign or a green XL that goes with my DSi XL.

I bet they will have a sexy Zelda special edition XL for the Link Between Worlds release.

Tak3n

Banned
Ok, now its time for Betrayer.

I can agree with this. I was definitely getting bored with the gameplay by about the half way point.

Music, atmosphere, narration, aesthetics, and story were still very good, but it certainly overstayed its welcome.

Yes it is, I actually just finished building my desk last week, its functional right now but I haven't fully finished it yet.
Still have another hole to cut, screws to drill, and to sand the thing.

Here is another picture with my jarate

ik6kN80PjW6nT.png

+1 for the headphones, best set I have ever come across

Tak3n

Banned
Disappointed they did not do anything different in the Rayman demo in comparison to the Wii U version...

Having played both now, I think the Wii U version flows better, as the sections with your helper guy are done on the pad on the fly, and it works really well

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've been investigating The_Monk's disappearance.

He hasn't been on steam... FOR FIVE DAYS!

I'm sure you all know what this means.

He was just too kind for this world :(
:(

I hope he comes back soon. Though if he's on holiday or something right now, then he should rather enjoy it than posting here. Of course, once he comes back he'd better start posting here again. This thread needs his usual clasiness and kindness.

They licensed their NyxQuest engine to another studio who made an underwater exploration platformer that's WiiWare exclusive. I really wish that game would get a Steam release.
Dive? Played very little of it, so I don't know if it was good or not.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I personally feel guys who wear pink are a bit feminine, but that's my opinion.

Even if this were true, I'm not sure there's anything wrong with being [a bit] feminine. People are who they are, but really man it's just a color. It's like saying people who wear black are goth.

HoosTrax

I love the AD700s, but the one major disadvantage with them is that they can't be used in public (unless you want to be stared at and annoy everyone around you). I have another set of AT cans (Pro700Mk2's) that are somewhat more subtle and don't leak sound.

Also, I think Grief might want to have his dehydration issue looked into, based on the color of the...jarate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom