• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eightarc packaging is exceptional, you pay a lot but you really feel like you're getting a premium product all around. Love my clear Fusion.

Really hope it works with the Xbox One, especially with Killer Instinct being out at launch(I think?)

So, I'm trying to activate the GFWL games I have on Steam but haven't booted up before. First on the list is The Club, and as soon as I log in it prompts for an update. So upon starting that up it minimizes the game and brings up a confirmation prompt if I want to exit the game. If I press no it sends me back to the game without updating, if I say yes it exits the game and then brings up another window saying update failed, load the game to try again.

I've done this a few times now to no effect.

ibuxp6TCzMn0Ic.gif

Cru

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Botanicula -- MB-91D6BE46E328CE59 - Taken by Giran
McPixel -- MB-4D012F7A6B651ADB - Taken by 28 Posts Later
The Showdown Effect -- MB-C157617BA98B48D4 - Taken by Eanan

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That art style is truly hideous. The characters look like they belong in a Paper Mario game, but here they don't match the environment at all. I don't get what they were aiming for with it, though I never played the original version so I may be missing something.

kafiend

So, I'm trying to activate the GFWL games I have on Steam but haven't booted up before. First on the list is The Club, and as soon as I log in it prompts for an update. So upon starting that up it minimizes the game and brings up a confirmation prompt if I want to exit the game. If I press no it sends me back to the game without updating, if I say yes it exits the game and then brings up another window saying update failed, load the game to try again.

I've done this a few times now to no effect.

ibuxp6TCzMn0Ic.gif

I had his issue with Batman. I seem to remember it did not like that I was running the game from a different drive because I'd used SteamMover.

Freezard

One more!

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-D87854C3D5756D43 - Taken by Razorskin
McPixel -- MB-A2CB6F2677FB9B46 - Taken by Fox318

I'm glad your money wasn't wasted on something that you would find wholly enjoyable if it weren't for a single feature that affects everything else in a way you don't enjoy.
I just think it's unfortunate if you're going to allow the ghost to completely ruin the game for you instead of adapting to its presence. Each discrete level is pretty small, so even if the ghost starts haunting it's not like you need to dramatically change your approach to outmaneuver it. If you're already done with it that's your call, but I can't help but want to recommend that you keep at it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dreams shattered.

um... maybe it's really her?

Hi there; my name is Kiley, and my favorite hobby is gleaning random, sometimes ridiculous factoids from the internet. I'm here to see if my miscellaneous knowledge can help any of my fellow procrastinators (and whether I can make some spare change doing it)!

inky

He just wants to pretend to be a girl he found a random picture of on the internet so you'll give him stuff.
What's wrong with that?

As a very attractive young girl looking to make some friends on GAF -which I've been told s a very generous community which loves to gift games- I say nothing at all.

Too bad I'm a poor college student that can't afford to play many games, because I love them!!! <3 *inconspicuously links to wishlist*

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Origin is so fucking with me today. It's the second time I try to download Dead Space 3, and from 40% it jumps to 20. Before I was 50 and it gave me an error, and then back from 30%.

In times like this I remember why I love Steam. <3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just think it's unfortunate if you're going to allow the ghost to completely ruin the game for you instead of adapting to its presence. Each discrete level is pretty small, so even if the ghost starts haunting it's not like you need to dramatically change your approach to outmaneuver it. If you're already done with it that's your call, but I can't help but want to recommend that you keep at it.
There is no adaptation for personal taste. If I like to take my time and not be bothered, I like to take my time and not be bothered. I can't change what I like and don't like. Maybe someone will make a no-ghost mod for it like I have learned someone did with the original, to the praise of many, many people. If they do, then I'll go back.

Terra_Ex

Origin is so fucking with me today. It's the second time I try to download Dead Space 3, and from 40% it jumps to 20. Before I was 50 and it gave me an error, and then back from 30%.

In times like this I remember why I love Steam. <3

If EA's not getting your money, you aren't getting their games.

Xavin

Neo Member
Bit trip runner 3-2 bonus level is driving me nuts, been trying to perfect it for about 20h game time but I just can't get the hang on the jumps... last level I need to perfect too :|

Cru

:)

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-E2E311D35EB30AC6 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So if EA adds games to the humble bundle, i won't get them cause I bought early, right?

Also, how long does my humble bundle personal page stay up with all my codes? Do i need to add the codes to some txt document to save them?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So if EA adds games to the humble bundle, i won't get them cause I bought early, right?

Wrong. You get anything they add. Only reason to buy later instead of earlier is if you want to BTA and the BTA is too high and you expect it to lower. You should always buy before they add the bonus games.

Also, how long does my humble bundle personal page stay up with all my codes? Do i need to add the codes to some txt document to save them?

Forever. I can open my Humble Indie Bundle 3 purchase key from my email and it's no problem. Alternatively you can link the purchase keys to an account.

koolaroo

No if you buy early you get all extra games added later (even if you payed the minimum I think)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So much for my 90% off Krater coupon!

x1BPdzt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom