• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for my 90% off Krater coupon!

x1BPdzt.png

They should let you choose discounts, in cases like this.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Worms Clan Wars

"PC Exclusive!" *no-AA screens sized down to 720p*

This does not give me confidence that they overcame the graphic issues in Revolution.

Kinda want to pick up Street Fighter x Tekken at Amazon as I have wanted it for a while but no one plays it. Buying it just to have it. Isn't even in Steam Top 100 right now.

DaBoss

Dice

Kinda want to pick up Street Fighter x Tekken at Amazon as I have wanted it for a while but the no one plays it. Buying it just to have it.
I'd do it if it were the complete pack. The DLC includes 12 characters, not just costumes.

Dingotech

So what do people think about Payday 2 now the launch hype has died down a bit?

I wasn't a massive fan of the first game, just felt like a wave shooting game, and the enemies felt like they took too many bullets to take down.

If one was to purchase a copy is the 4-pack price on Steam the best price going for the game currently?

Hello all! I have some Origin keys from the Humble Bundle that I'm not going to use. I don't know how to make hidden messages visible by quoting so just PM me if you're interested. The games is:

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
Dead Space 3 Origin Key
Medal of Honor Origin Key
Mirror's Edge Origin Key

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hello all! I have some Origin keys from the Humble Bundle that I'm not going to use. I don't know how to make hidden messages visible by quoting so just PM me if you're interested. The games is:

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
Dead Space 3 Origin Key
Medal of Honor Origin Key
Mirror's Edge Origin Key

Like this:
Game Name - [email="key goes here"][/email]

DTKT

I wasn't a massive fan of the first game, just felt like a wave shooting game, and the enemies felt like they took too many bullets to take down.

If one was to purchase a copy is the 4-pack price on Steam the best price going for the game currently?

If you have a steady group of friends, it seems like a great game. If you might play with randoms or alone, stay away.

At least, that's the comments I've been hearing.

derExperte

If you're low-level with bad weapons the enemies still can take a lot of damage and some heists are very hard on normal, that hasn't changed. Like P1 you have to invest some time, then with the right people/equipment most missions can be completed by stealth. But you're going to shoot a lot of cops before that.

If you have a steady group of friends, it seems like a great game. If you might play with randoms or alone, stay away.

At least, that's the comments I've been hearing.

Nah, P1 was fine with randoms, I'm sure P2 will be too after the first wave of idiots disappears and people know the maps.

If you're low-level the enemies still can take a lot of damage and some heists are very hard on normal. Like P1 you have to invest some time, then with the right people/equipment most missions can be completed by stealth. But you're going to shoot a lot of cops before that.

Nah, P1 was fine with randoms, I'm sure P2 will be two after the first wave of idiots disappears and people know the maps.

Early on it can be quite the challenge, especially if you don't have a few friends. Once you start getting some of the talents and weapons, what was once hard becomes quite trivial and easy to run. And the randoms seem pretty friendly in my experiences so far, although I've heard of some "host kicking people before the payday" occurrences, which sucks.

mannerbot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo.
It's been a while since a last played it, can you tell? :p

Yeah, Ponder would've done it just out of respect/for legal reasons, but add on the fact that 3SOE uses GGPO for the netcode...

Overdoziz

Banned
iKJKxnrA3Sd77.gif

What's even the point, Crytek? Clearly you can't continue through a small door with your vehicle, why put a random invisible barrier for the vehicle 10 meters in front of that door?
...sigh

Dice

Senator Soufflé;76606167 said:
Game runs a lot smoother for me than Revolution ever did, if that means anything.
Well Revolution is locked at 30fps, so perhaps they were sensible enough to unlock the framerate for this one. I'll need confirmation that it runs properly on ATI before getting it, though. They were real jerks with their responses to ATI owners concerning Revolution.

Meier

Has anyone played Airline Tycoon 2? It looks terrible but I *LOVE* Aerobiz and would kill for a fairly decent update.

Nabs

Kinda want to pick up Street Fighter x Tekken at Amazon as I have wanted it for a while but no one plays it. Buying it just to have it. Isn't even in Steam Top 100 right now.

Capcom hasn't bothered to put this on sale since the beginning of the year. It's a fun game but I'd recommend waiting for a better pack with all of the characters.

So knifing in Teleglitch is weirdly a lot like combat in Ys Books 1 & 2. If you take an enemy head on, you likely won't hit the enemy and will take a lot of damage instead. In Teleglitch you have to rotate your character so your knife arm/swing is predominantly facing your enemy. Sorta like trying to attack an enemy head-on in Ys.

It also seems incredibly important to waste as little ammo as possible on the early enemies.

Grief.exe

So knifing in Teleglitch is weirdly a lot like combat in Ys Books 1 & 2. If you take an enemy head on, you likely won't hit the enemy and will take a lot of damage instead. In Teleglitch you have to rotate your character so your knife arm/swing is predominantly facing your enemy. Sorta like trying to attack an enemy head-on in Ys.

It also seems incredibly important to waste as little ammo as possible on the early enemies.

You gotta do the dance.

I'm definitely looking forward to picking this game up at one point. More Badass actually put it on my radar about a week ago, before that I wasn't aware of the title.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone played Airline Tycoon 2? It looks terrible but I *LOVE* Aerobiz and would kill for a fairly decent update.
That's the Genesis game, right? I remember playing it for a bit a long time ago, while having no idea what I was doing. It was fun nevertheless.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Kabouter told me that it's a pretty shitty game compared to any version of Airline Tycoon 1, and that although AT1 is not on Steam, he'd vastly recommend AT1 over AT2.

AT1 is not really like Aerobiz. There are some common elements in terms of the sim, but there's also a sort of time management element involved that's very different. I played a good few hours. It's pretty interesting. The tone is also very different, very funny and european. If you like Aerobiz, Aerobiz is definitely what you should be playing. But Airline Tycoon is a fun little game and I had a good time with it.

Meier

That's the Genesis game, right? I remember playing it for a bit a long time ago, while having no idea what I was doing. It was fun nevertheless.

Yeah, Aerobiz and Aerobiz Supersonic were in that gen. Amazing games. Airline Tycoon 2 is on sale in this Kalypso sale. Cheapish ($10 complete edition) but I'd love to hear at least 1 person's impressions.

Kabouter told me that it's a pretty shitty game compared to any version of Airline Tycoon 1, and that although AT1 is not on Steam, he'd vastly recommend AT1 over AT2.

AT1 is not really like Aerobiz. There are some common elements in terms of the sim, but there's also a sort of time management element involved that's very different. I played a good few hours. It's pretty interesting. The tone is also very different, very funny and european. If you like Aerobiz, Aerobiz is definitely what you should be playing. But Airline Tycoon is a fun little game and I had a good time with it.

Thanks Stump. Appreciate the input -- I really wish that Koei would release Aerobiz again in some capacity. :(

Khronico

I just bought the jagged alliance collection today.... Boy, this game was a lot worse than I thought. I played 15 minutes of it a while ago and thought 'eh seems fun, maybe I'll pick it up sometime'. Runs like crap, the game looks mediocre at best, almost no graphics settings whatsoever, AI is garbage, sometimes my mercs will just get randomly unselected for no reason, mercs will not get out of the way of each other to shoot (killing each other in the process), game is just BAD. DO NOT BUY.

inky

Airline Tycoon is great. I'd thoroughly recommend it. It has a lot of charm and a lot of hours to it as well. It might feel a bit dated, but overall it might still be enjoyable. I have a soft spot for it, and even with cheats it was still pretty fun to play.

I guess this is kind of OT because it is not a Steam game, but you can buy/download from Amazon.

oipic

<- entitled gamer, who should still be happily basking in the afterglow of EA's bundle, but...

I'm still sad that we didn't get that mooted X weekly sale today - I over-optimistically (as it turns out) spent last night reading the Terran Conflict manual and everything. :(
Next week, please.

Tenrius

It's funny how Burnout Paradise from the most recent Humble bundle is actually the first racing game in my 400 something Steam collection.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
<- entitled gamer, who should still be happily basking in the afterglow of EA's bundle, but...

I'm still sad that we didn't get that mooted X weekly sale today - I over-optimistically (as it turns out) spent last night reading the Terran Conflict manual and everything. :(
Next week, please.

It's in the Steam database, and it's naming conventions match other Humble Bundles. I'm holding out hope!

damaph

I just bought the jagged alliance collection today.... Boy, this game was a lot worse than I thought. I played 15 minutes of it a while ago and thought 'eh seems fun, maybe I'll pick it up sometime'. Runs like crap, the game looks mediocre at best, almost no graphics settings whatsoever, AI is garbage, sometimes my mercs will just get randomly unselected for no reason, mercs will not get out of the way of each other to shoot (killing each other in the process), game is just BAD. DO NOT BUY.

That sounds pretty bad. Thanks for the heads up.

Tenrius

I remember the demo being pretty bad as well, but I hope nobody by any chance confuses this game with the original Jagged Alliance 2, which is absolutely superb.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I always forget Steam doesn't remove games from my wishlist if I buy them elsewhere, I'm doing it manually now and there's so much stuff there I already have haha. Granted, my wishlist is kind of ridiculous too (I wishlist anything I have a remote interest on for the sake of discount notifications).

Grief.exe

iKJKxnrA3Sd77.gif

What's even the point, Crytek? Clearly you can't continue through a small door with your vehicle, why put a random invisible barrier for the vehicle 10 meters in front of that door?
...sigh

I don't even remember driving a vehicle in Crysis 2, its been a while but I really don't see myself playing that game again.
I felt that the game was largely a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom