• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

jq6Sfia.jpg

should i?

If you have the money to spend, yes, yes, yes!
and yes

I had the most fun with Rome 1 because it was my first Total War. Shogun 2 was a big gameplay improvement over Rome, but I still preferred the setting of Rome. Cannot wait for Rome 2.

Strangely, right now, I am desperate to get home and tweak some bus schedules in Cities in Motion 2.

I really ought to stop accepting random friend requests from people with hundreds of hours of game play time on TF2. It'd save me time when I inevitably end up blocking and un-friending them seconds after they ask if they can have some of my TF2 items.

jediyoshi

Being published through Microsoft on the Xbox 360 meant that the same happened to ITSP on PC, and that came with GFWL requirements, even on Steam. But now, with GFWL going the way of the dodo, it will lose all connections to it, so at some point, when either purchase or open up ITSP it will be without all of those annoying and unnecessary steps tied to it.

This writing is destroying my brain.

I'm guessing MS published games were just given the go ahead to be able to remove GFWL off PC ports.

DukeBobby

Let me suggest Kentucky Route Zero. I played through the first act recently and, well, that was very special.

Played it, loved it, and looking forward to the next episode.

I'm hoping Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs scares me enough so I end up playing other games instead.

I was reading the article and it says this...

Basically, the GFWL Marketplace is saying bye-bye, and that means the games on PC that are directly tied to GFWL will not be purchasable through it any more. That’s a bit lame if those games aren’t available anywhere else on PC, of course.

Ok, so what will happen with my Gears of War game that I bought through GFWL Marketplace? Should I contact MS? Because it seems that I won't be able to download it again!

Grief.exe

who else is removing besides these 3 games?

That is all we know of for now.

Ok, so what will happen with my Gears of War game that I bought through GFWL Marketplace? Should I contact MS? Because it seems that I won't be able to download it again!

You should still be able to download the game, just can't purchase games anymore.

I hope they do a 99 cent sale before it all goes down.

That is all we know of for now.

You should still be able to download the game, just can't purchase games anymore.

I hope they do a 99 cent sale before it all goes down.

They need to patch every fucking game with GFWL, like GTA IV, Dark Souls, Lost Planet, etc

I will download it again, and I will back up the files!

GAF Steam confession. I've been working through taking a quick look at some of my games from recent sales and bundles and I have to say that Hotline Miami is really not doing it for me. The theme is hip as all get out, and I feel like I get what the game is trying to do with multiple repeats on quick little tactical encounters. It's just that I can get a grip on how out of control I feel sometimes trying to maneuver my character around. It's not that I consider anything "unfair" but more just that I think that I can't quite keep up with the tactical speed required. Personally this seems to be the developers intent to some degree, to match the general theme they want you a bit out of control and crazed with trying to keep up. But I don't think it's for me I just like stuff at a bit of a different pace. Plus I have to admit that even as a semi-desensitized gamer the theme does kinda unsettle me a bit. Honestly seems like a pretty great game in general, just not for me.

Grief.exe

They need to patch every fucking game with GFWL, like GTA IV, Dark Souls, Lost Planet, etc

I will download it again, and I will back up the files!

Lost Planet already has a version without GFWL, in fact, its Steamworks.

You shouldn't have to worry about that.

What happens to the games and downloaded content that I purchased?

You can continue to enjoy previously purchased games and downloadable content in your catalog by downloading it through the Games for Windows Live client. Although the purchase functionality will be discontinued, the Games for Windows Live service will continue to operate as usual.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/pc-marketplace-closing

If they legitimately remove GFWL and introduce steamworks to Dark Souls, I'd have a heart attack.

Simply removing it, so that I could play offline without it, without cracking it, would get me to install it again.

It's not even that big of deal software wise, I just hate it being there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obviously this is very much a "work in progress" but since you guys liked my update yesterday I thought I'd share what I'm working on today:

DRr3PoA.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry to anyone having modbot trouble, someone put some bad data in for the THREADURL rule and there was no error handling on that particular module so it sat there confused for a while -- thanks anonymous person who put in bad data!

and now that modbot is fixed....

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Aquaria -- MB-7C19D1BA5691D1FD - Taken by Mordeccai
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-8C31DDDAF0F32A2B - Taken by Copons
McPixel -- MB-E5DD969B437BF28A - Taken by rikitikitik
Frozen Synapse -- MB-5ED4E8CB44CAC06C - Taken by Toothpick
NightSky -- MB-4A8B7BDEE56A0013
Waking Mars -- MB-DF9C4A1E5C4EA8A3 - Taken by Miniboss

Have at you!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sounds like a link to a humble page for Gone Home since he used the Steam key already, probably.
Man this reminds me of the time early on in Humble Bundle's life when some guy tried trading the DRM free copies away for another game in the Steam thread.

Good times.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was gifted FEAR during the summer sale. I'm kind of scared to start it.

I'm not great with jump scare games, I'm better with atmospheric games like System Shock 2 or Betrayer.
If I told you that F.E.A.R. is one of my top 2 favorite FPS (and top 3 games overall), would you play it? If I told you that it has the best gunplay I've ever seen in any game (though Max Payne 3 comes very close), would you play it? If I told you that you are missing a lot, would you play it?

To make myself clear: you have to play it. It's not even jump scare-heavy, though I can't promise there won't be any. I do promise that they'll be worth having to get out of the chair to put on new pants.

Answer spoiler:
Man, you really missed out. Doug is such a non-character. He's... bland and doesn't do shit.
Overal impression spoiler coming up:
Of course, in the end, none of the choices really matter all that much, because everything keeps coming back to the same railroaded plot.
I liked the game and it got me right in the feels, but... it has some major flaws.
Yeah, it may have its flaws, but I loved it to death. And so far, it's the only 12 hours long game that I beat in a single night :p

If I ever replay it, I'll make sure to follow the choice that you mentioned. It's just that I didn't care for what little I saw of said character.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm nearly done playing Crysis 2 and throughout the entire thing they keep telling me to hurry up or that there's only 15 or 20 minutes left to do something.

And then you have all the time in the world to do whatever the hell you want.

If I told you that F.E.A.R. is one of my top 2 favorite FPS (and top 3 games overall), would you play it? If I told you that it has the best gunplay I've ever seen in any game (though Max Payne 3 comes very close), would you play it? If I told you that you are missing a lot, would you play it?

To make myself clear: you have to play it. It's not even jump scare-heavy, though I can't promise there won't be any. I do promise that they'll be worth having to get out of the chair to put on new pants.

Only downside is you feel like you are in the largest office building complex in the multiverse, but I completely agree. Fear is in a league of its own.

Omega

Banned
It'll probably never happen, but I'd love for Dark Souls to remove GFWL.

It's the only reason I haven't played it yet. I made an exception for Arkham City but that's only because AA was one of my top 5 favorite games this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom