• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nah, the Origin version is already perfect.
I just entered the key in origin and it worked.

But yeah, the update thing is weird. I loaded the game once, and when I quit the game it said an update was available. I don't know if this was for the launcher or one of the DLC packs, but it was smaller size. Then booting it now the launcher had a box that said my game is up to date, but then I pushed the button to check updates and it said it had an update and now it's downloading 1.3GB.

Okaaaay....

Wow, so Saints Row IV on Australian Steam now has the bullshit Trifecta.
It's more expensive
It's Censored
and it's been pushed back to the 20th of September.
All that plus the (probably false) rumors that ROW versions gifted to Aus steam users will change to the Censored version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yea, I get what you're referring to but I sure hope they do better detection next time.
I had one
Metro 2033 GamersGate Retail
Metro 2033 FB Giveaway 250K

or something like that

On the bright side, at least your game/DLC count went up. :p

I just entered the key in origin and it worked.

This is for the Date Night DLC which just became available (previously it was "coming soon" due to technical problems).

The humble bundle page is pretty funny.

8. That's it!

When you get to step 8 for redeeming a simple code, the process might need a little bit of refinement.

Dice

This is for the Date Night DLC which just became available (previously it was "coming soon" due to technical problems).
Ohhhh... I totally confused the Date Night with Late Night so I thought they already fixed it but didn't take the message down. I guess that's alright, but World Adventures, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural, and Island Paradise are the ones that appeal to me.

That said, damn you EA, I see these claws in my mind already. And I also just today completed the "fuck it, I'm in" process by getting Hot Pursuit/The Run and the C&C collection with GMG credit I got from preordering The Bureau. Well I'm not getting Sims expansions unless they're on a really major sale!

Edit: lol

hiOeffK.jpg

Grief.exe

Grief, you ain't showing up on my Friends List.

And it didn't work.

Steam freaks the fuck out after you gift to five people in a row.

Its in my library, and you have been on my friends list for a long time.

It might be a sync issue on your end, or you just took a massive amount of peyote and there is a wolf talking to you.

JaseC

Grief, you ain't showing up on my Friends List.

And it didn't work.

Steam freaks the fuck out after you gift to five people in a row.

"This account appears to have been used for fraudulent activity. Purchasing, CD key activation, gifting and trading have been disabled."

Cth

The generosity of this thread amazes me. All of my thanks goes out to HP_Wuvcraft for this one.
And got to give another shout out to r3n4ud for gifting me Betrayed the other night.

Humbly thank you guys, and you are awesome!

I guess the rollercoaster ride continues my friend.

Please post some reactions for this game when you get a chance.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm still feeling a bit burnt by Gone Home to pick it up blind. The trailer looks great, just hoping to get some idea of the length/game mechanics/etc.

Grief.exe

Please post some reactions for this game when you get a chance.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm still feeling a bit burnt by Gone Home to pick it up blind. The trailer looks great, just hoping to get some idea of the length/game mechanics/etc.

You didn't like Gone Home?

I will do a video for Shelter like I did with Betrayed.

wilflare

On the bright side, at least your game/DLC count went up. :p

I managed to get Steam Support to revoke that key so I could give it to a friend.
hmm I don't think my Steam count went up then... I only have one copy of Metro 2033 during the time I had two code redemptions

Cth

You didn't like Gone Home?

I will do a video for Shelter like I did with Betrayed.

Yes and no.

Kind of hard to go into detail without fear of spoilers or being overly critical.

I guess I was hoping to have more of an emotional connection/impact with the story. I think the review scores (I avoided reading them for spoilers) set up expectations that were impossible to achieve. The voice talent is perfect. The game itself, IMO, was pretty flat in terms of graphics (although that could be my laptop -- settings are on medium).. repeated game assets that serve no purpose (cans, etc) except to obscure another piece of text to read.

I can appreciate what they were going for.. but I think it's definitely ten dollars too expensive. I love experience/simulation games, but I dunno it just didn't grab me as I had hoped.

STORY SPOILER
I felt the whole lesbian thing was telegraphed from the get go, and on one hand while it's progressive, it's still going the safe route using cute lesbian girls. I'm curious if it'd have the same reaction if it was butch girls or guys. I felt this kind of story has been done better a hundred times elsewhere, but to its credit its one of the first videogame attempts from memory. I dunno, again, its probably my fault for expecting more and unfairly comparing it to other media.

JaseC

I managed to get Steam Support to revoke that key so I could give it to a friend.
hmm I don't think my Steam count went up then... I only have one copy of Metro 2033 during the time I had two code redemptions

The second key would have activated something different. Maybe you had Half-Life 3 and you didn't even know it. :(

wilflare

The second key would have activated something different. Maybe you had Half-Life 3 and you didn't even know it. :(

It didn't :(
when I checked my account page. they just gave two different names that I've mentioned above but in my library, it was just Metro 2033

Dice

What does it feel like to be the Sims 3 game?
Well, being The Sims 3, after looking at this website I feel rather fragmented and whored out, but while I have a bad case of microtransactions like some cheap iOS app, I'm still classier than the lot of them! There is more to me than a carrot on a string.

Dice

So about that Sims 3 update...

When I said yes I want to update, apparently it was supposed to close The Sims 3 launcher when it did that... it didn't.

Why does it need to close the launcher? Because for some reason, the update for the game application can't install when the launcher app by which you acquired said update is still running.

Oh, but what does it do if it forgot to close the launcher and tries to install? Does it let you simply close the launcher and resume the installer like any other installer in the world? No, it closes itself with a message that you can't have the launcher open. But then the only way to execute the file is by clicking on it in the launcher... and when you try to run it again after this, it simply reminds you there was an error... so apparently it refuses to try again... due to the error of the launcher, the only way you can execute the update installer, being open.

So what happens if you close the launcher? IT FUCKING DELETES THE 1.3GB UPDATE FILE THAT IT DOWNLOADED AT ONLY 470KB PER MOTHERFUCKING SECOND. And then what happens when you push the update button? It closes the launcher like it should have the first time (inconsistent much?!) and starts downloading the update again...

PRAISE GABEN! VIVA LA STEAM!

So about that Sims 3 update...

When I said yes I want to update, apparently it was supposed to close The Sims 3 launcher when it did that... it didn't.

If it helps, I finally got things updated and tried to download the DLC. It doesn't fucking work.

I suppose that doesn't help.

JaseC

I have a few games on Origin, but the only one I've actually bothered to install is Syndicate. I think I played it for about 10 minutes.

I should probably get around to installing The Saboteur one day. Maybe a part of me is hoping it'll appear on Steam in the future. :p

Dice

Steam might suck in just about every way...but in the ways that matter like playing or updating games it is still elite.
Yep. They made it even better for games that support steampipe, and then workshop subscriptions to auto update my mods? Revolutionary.

Whools

I haven't used any of my origin keys myself yet, but my sister wanted the sims DLC, so she tried downloading origin with the sims open, after installing it, she got tuck in a loop of alternating "please close origin apps to update" and "can't close while updating" messages, paraphrasing obviously, but yeah. Origin is a mess.

JaseC

... what is up with your avatar, mang.

Saoirse has become despondent as a result of trying to redeem her Sims 3 key on Origin. I'll probably change it later after I've completed my daily ritual of scrolling through the Saoirse Ronan tag on Tumblr.

JaseC

16 steam games

https://groupees.com/bamm

wasteland angel
PAM
tank universal
nikopol
robin hood
stellar impact
trapped dead
grotesque tactics
grotesque tactics 2
chrome + specforce
crash time 2
pacific storm
pacific storm allies
chains
penguins arena
scratches

I'd be surprised if there's a single game in that list that hasn't been bundled at least three times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom