• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just failed a side-mission in AssCreed 3 because two guards I killed became giant inflatable arm-flailing tube men and effectively destroyed the convoy I was supposed to free.

Thanks, Ubi.

JaseC

Damn :/

If a game is going to glitch I want it to glitch hard and in amusing ways. Vegas exorcism forever <3

I've been meaning to fire up Sleeping Dogs to see if this glitch is still in the game. From the little I experimented, it only happens when you're in a taxi and engage the handbrake while turning into that particular corner -- it doesn't occur if you're in a different vehicle or use the regular brake. On one or two occasions it didn't launch me into the air and instead I bounced around the place.

sprinkles

After watching the Electronic Super Joy Quicklook on Giantbomb I am really interested. Looks like a hybrid of Super Meat Boy Mechanics, Super Hexagon Style and trashy electronic Euro-disco music. Betrayer made me become open to Early Access Games but there is so much stuff coming out next week... did anyone else already try it and could convince me not to buy?

Depending on the impressions I think I'm going to buy Shelter with card monies. There are not enough games which let you play as an animal.

Not really in love with the art, but look at these guys

ss_bf5382448f788714551fd3b4a2cf757a4ad83b51.1920x1080.jpg

Someone should expand on the Tokyo Jungle concept and make a game where you can play any animal you want with Steam workshop support.

I just failed a side-mission in AssCreed 3 because two guards I killed became giant inflatable arm-flailing tube men and effectively destroyed the convoy I was supposed to free.

Thanks, Ubi.

The AC3 bugs can be unintentionally hilarious. I once made a front-flip with the Aquila while sailing through a storm. As I'm flying upside down, every single crewmember just stands around unphased, defying gravity, and one of them even comes bursting out from belowdecks, walking upsidedown, to have a look.

JaseC

The AC3 bugs can be unintentionally hilarious. I once made a front-flip with the Aquila while sailing through a storm. As I'm flying upside down, every single crewmember just stands around unphased, defying gravity, and one of them even comes bursting out from belowdecks, walking upsidedown, to have a look.

I just came across another convoy and tried an air assassination to start things off, but I fell through the game world and died.

This is getting a little ridiculous!

BorntoPlay

and with the gyroscope you can move the rotating platform... Overall the game is designed with wiiu in mind... by the way, I've played the demo on wiiu too...

As far as the puzzle elements that have you drag things around on the screen? Are there any other differences? Seems like a small price to pay for not needing to own a Wii U.

Thomper

Is anyone in Europe able to pre-load Saints Row 4 yet? I tried to enter my Amazon code but it says the game is unavailable in my region.

Milamber

DAY 1 BUYS:
08/20/2013 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
08/23/2013 - Saints Row IV
11/15/2013 - X: Rebirth
11/19/2013 - Watch_Dogs
OCTOBER? - Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

DAY WHENEVER 2013 BUYS:
08/15/2013 - Gone Home
08/12/2013 - Hammerwatch
08/28/2013 - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
09/25/2013 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
09/27/2013 - Rise of Venice
10/25/2013 - Batman: Arkham Origins

Wallet will be raped. Mind though, this does not include the Halloween, Autumn and winter Steam Sales so...

WuzZqKt.gif

Tak3n

Banned
I am not noticing any hype for Sir, You are Being Hunted Early Access, which hits today...

Gaf is confusing sometimes, I am seeing lots of love for a Badger game and Betrayer which both got slated to death on Steam Forums...

Yet SYABH I expect will get loved up on Steam, is getting no love on Gaf...

0.jpg

sprinkles

I am not noticing any hype for Sir, You are Being Hunted Early Access, which hits today...

Gaf is confusing sometimes, I am seeing lots of love for a Badger game and Betrayer which both got slated to death on Steam Forums...
Betrayer takes lot of flack because of its graphics. But lack of colours really emphasizes other senses, in the case of Betrayer the sounds. You cannot see the sound design on black&white screenshots. The is even an ingame mechanic based around that.
That said, there are valid criticisms I have about the game. In its current state it is a short experience - under two hours - not that long for 13€. The combat feels a little wonky, but as it is more of a adventure/riddle game I can live with that.

Where are you seeing this hate for Shelter? I had a quick look at the games Steam discussion board and there doesn't appear to be any overly negative threads [or many threads at all].

AHA-Lambda

Ah shit, Rayman Legends on GMG isn't Steam is it? I just bought it with the 20% off code and didn't realise this until I completed the order :(

JaseC

Ah shit, Rayman Legends on GMG isn't Steam is it? I just bought it with the 20% off code and didn't realise this until I completed the order :(

Nope. If you got your key for Origins instantly, I'm not sure how much luck you'll have requesting a refund.

JaseC

Argh, shit! ;_;

If GMG refuses to refund you, at least the game is (well, should be) DRM-free, so you can add it to your library as a non-Steam shortcut without any issues and pick up the Steam version on the cheap from a trader when it goes on sale in the future.

hitoshi

0.jpg

I would be a lot more excited if they would have replied to my emails I have sent them a few times in the past 12 months :(

deejay

0.jpg

Early Access is on Monday so two more days. Maybe then we'll see some love for it :)

Milamber

0.jpg

The RPS articles and Idle Thumbs LiveStream got me hyped for this yet-unfinished game. But with all the other big AAA titles coming out at the same time, I believe most of us are willing to put it in the wayside for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom