• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
:( You can just watch Man on Fire instead. :p

I'll slam pills and whiskey and listen to Health while playing MP2.

Shit that's how I feel at 25, I should probably start jogging. If only it didn't feel like the devil's asshole outside every day.
Ha, I always pictured you as an old codger, posting from his nursing home.

Turfster

In my case the problem was that I had .NET framework 4 and it would only work with the 3.5 version. Sadly downgrading wasn't an option for me.

You... don't downgrade .NET, you install all versions of the framework you need.
On my win7 dev box, I have 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 installed concurrently.

Vastag

You... don't downgrade .NET, you install all versions of the framework you need.
On my win7 dev box, I have 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 installed concurrently.

Yup, I have both installed but supposedly it does not work while you have 4.0 on your computer, don't know why.

EDIT: With downgrading what I wanted to say was uninstalling 4.0

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man on Fire is the better movie of the two.

tumblr_inline_mkwqbp2yhzvm.gif

(I agree. :p)

I'll slam pills and whiskey and listen to Health while playing MP2.

Haha, well you'll certainly get more actual gameplay out of that. ;)

Kifimbo

Finished Deadlight, and now I understand the mixed reactions. The gameplay was just not good enough to really enjoy. Hard to believe this was chosen as a Summer of Arcade game.

Now debating if I should still craft that badge or sell the cards.

Turfster

Yup, I have both installed but supposedly it does not work while you have 4.0 on your computer, don't know why.

EDIT: With downgrading what I wanted to say was uninstalling 4.0

Oh. Huh. You'd think they'd fix a problem like that.
I mean, 4.0 came out long before MP3 did, so...
Of course, maybe one of the 50 bazillion security fixes since then ballsed something up.

Flunkie

Banned
Shit that's how I feel at 25, I should probably start jogging. If only it didn't feel like the devil's asshole outside every day.
Jogging isn't the answer to everything. Ca do a lot more harm than good. I've got this nagging tendinitis in my foot that only allows me to run so far before it flares up for 6 weeks again. And I've run a lot in my life.

r3n4ud

Jogging isn't the answer to everything. Ca do a lot more harm than good. I've got this nagging tendinitis in my foot that only allows me to run so far before it flares up for 6 weeks again. And I've run a lot in my life.

Here, here :/

For me, it's my knees. I can only run for so long until I'm shelved for a month...

Grief.exe

Finished Deadlight, and now I understand the mixed reactions. The gameplay was just not good enough to really enjoy. Hard to believe this was chosen as a Summer of Arcade game.

If you didn't like the game, then you should sell the cards!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Rayman Origins is a fantastic party game. Played it last night with 2 friends (yeah, very small party, I know) and we had a blast! It's really fun just to rush through the levels, and not letting your friends catch up with you, only to die and have them laugh at you for making everyone lose. I can only imagine this game will be awesome with 4 players.

And I really really really regret now not buying Legends from Dunder when I had the chance. It seems to be Origins on steroids, and after last night it's now one of the new games I wanna play the most. Oh well, just the one time I tried to be smart about my purchases it turned out to bite me in the ass. That's what you get for not buying a game because you think you already have a lot of them. Buy buy buy!

Sonic Weird Title Transformed is also a great game to play with several players locally. Haven't tried Guacamelee because I believe it's only 2 players max.

Whys steam teasing us with the daily deals lately?

Also is the Sonic Bundle on steam for €27.99 the best price it is anywhere might get it during the week been meaning to give Episode 2 and the Racing games a go?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So is the point of Rogue Legacy to just die over and over until you can buy your way to victory?

At the beginning that is definitely it. After a while though it becomes more of a strategy - the type of character you select really matters. What weapon / armor / runes you pick for that character matter even more.

After a lot of the upgrade "paths" present themselves the game gets really interesting - stick with it and you won't be disappointed.

Cth

So is the point of Rogue Legacy to just die over and over until you can buy your way to victory?

Yes and no.

Different classes have benefits that make reaching certain areas easier which unlocks items that make the game easier. Some classes have skills/talents that make the game easier.

Obviously you could grind it to death and buy stuff but that'll take a LOT longer to do.

Basically, there's options.

It's like Spelunky in some respects, where items there can help you, but they won't solve the game for you. With RL, in addition to boosting traits, you can unlock classes which mixes gameplay up even further.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Summer of Arcade does not guarantee a game will be good. Or worth playing.

At the beginning that is definitely it. After a while though it becomes more of a strategy - the type of character you select really matters. What weapon / armor / runes you pick for that character matter even more.

After a lot of the upgrade "paths" present themselves the game gets really interesting - stick with it and you won't be disappointed.
Okay, that's encouraging.

Saty

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-ED3C5B1B358859B5 - Taken by Stallion Free
Another Thomas.

More or less, it wears its IGAvania influences on its sleeve and that definitely comes through with that. I mean there's even a class designed to impede your boss progress with how weak it is in favour of hoarding as much gold as possible for the next generation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 4.2 and should be updating automatically or will update automatically when you restart Google Chrome.

In this version:
  • Fix bug in international currency formatting
  • Adds support for Steam Workshop icon on app page linking to search page
  • Updated Italian, Russian, French, and Spanish translations
  • Adds HowLongToBeat information on the app page
  • Adds achievement stats to the "All games" list

Wok

In case you see my ducks on the market, the reason is I have speculated on the Steam market and lost a few euros.

8VmZQNe.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 4.2 and should be updating automatically or will update automatically when you restart Google Chrome.

In this version:
  • Fix bug in international currency formatting
  • Adds support for Steam Workshop icon on app page linking to search page
  • Updated Italian, Russian, French, and Spanish translations
  • Adds HowLongToBeat information on the app page
  • Adds achievement stats to the "All games" list
Sexy ass update.

Turfster

Organ Trail booster, why did I even get this game.

Because you wanted to fill the roster with the names of your friends then post screenshots of you shooting them in the head or executing them on the ground.
... What?
Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom