• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he activated at the beginning of Steam Guard. The problem is he has never bought any TF2 item on the store. Maybe he should buy a crate for $0.02 on the market and then sell all his crates.

If your friend didn't buy TF2 and hasn't spent any money on the game, minimum is a 5$ purchase off of the Mann Co. store I believe, then he's free to play which places a number of restrictions on his account: has a smaller backpack, cannot trade other players and likely cannot participate in the community market.

Get him to buy a hat for 5$.

So I've been playing Painkiller: Black lately and holy shit, the game is SO good.
Everything is fun in this game. Nothing is boring (if you pretend it has no story, which it really doesn't). Shooting stuff is awesome.

Best pure shooter I have played in ages.

Get it in the current IndieGala and play this thing.

EDIT: It also reminded me again, that games really don't need people constantly talking to you and interrupting the game with cutscenes and explanations. Just by going through the levels the game tells a (very simple) story, which is better than the one told in the few cutscenes which I started skipping. Playing this is really refreshing because it's so focused on being a video game and nothing else.

If your friend didn't buy TF2 and hasn't spent any money on the game, minimum is a 5$ purchase off of the Mann Co. store I believe, then he's free to play which places a number of restrictions on his account: has a smaller backpack, cannot trade other players and likely cannot participate in the community market.

Get him to buy a hat for 5$.

Not necessary to spend $5 in the Mann Co Store. $5 minimum to add to your Steam wallet. Buy something for $0.50 in the tf2 store and use the rest in Steam.

I am very pleased to see that La Mulana and Unepic have been green lighted :)

Finally. I have La-Mulana already, but I really want to see them benefit from the sales this'll get them. Eador looks great too, I had been considering it on GoG.

Hopefully Wayforward can get Shantae in soon. I would love to see their games on steam. The fact that their games don't get released on the Japanese estore pushed me over the edge when I was considering getting an American 3DS in addition to my Japanese system.

I am going to be writing a feature highlighting a yet to be approved title on Steam Greenlight over at SteamGameFans.com soon. I'm taking suggestions as to which I should write about. What do you suggest? A short interview with the developer and hands-on impressions will likely be included.

Eador looks great too, I had been considering it on GoG.

I grabbed it on GOG, got totally obsessed with it, found out there was an updated version on Greenlight, and voted for it. This was all last week.

Now that it's passed greenlight, I think I'm going to stop playing the current version so I don't burn out before the update comes, but if you can get passed the dated presentation (which doesn't bother me), the original is realllllllllly good. This one looks to live up to it too, just with improved visuals. So I'm hype.

Caerith

I am going to be writing a feature highlighting a yet to be approved title on Steam Greenlight over at SteamGameFans.com soon. I'm taking suggestions as to which I should write about. What do you suggest? A short interview with the developer and hands-on impressions will likely be included.
Cook Serve Delicious.

HoosTrax

A few from my favorites list (only the ones that are either already gold or are slated for Q1 2013 release):
Inquisitor
Syder Arcade
Gray Matter
Kingdom Rush

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Cannon Brawl.

Anyone down for some SSFIV AE, Resident Evil 5 or Chivalry? I want some SteamGAF MP gaming tonight ^^

PM me or, better yet, add me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard

oipic

Say, do any of you kind folk still have a free Dota 2 beta invite thingy spare and freely available to a good home?

I have a friend, new to Steam, keenly looking to give it a crack, and Gabe hasn't been forthcoming in sending any invites my way at all. (only moderately miffed about that)

Cheers!

didamangi

Say, do any of you kind folk still have a free Dota 2 beta invite thingy spare and freely available to a good home?

I have a friend, new to Steam, keenly looking to give it a crack, and Gabe hasn't been forthcoming in sending any invites my way at all. (only moderately miffed about that)

Cheers!

PM me your/his email :)

Catshade

Cheers!

I have boatloads of those. Just PM'd me your friend's e-mail address.

Sarcasm

I got Krater CE from GMG for 3.21 (with a 20% coupon).

This game is a charm..though that healer that comes with CE is kinda OP right now (may change once I get to way more harder stuff).

If you have it and want to CoOp sometime (Especially if your an Aussie/TW) hit me up.

I got the THQ medley from Amazon and have a few keys of games I don't want including Metro 2033 which everyone should have anyways.

So PM if you want one (One game per person) of the following: Stalker, Warhammer 40,000, Metro 2033 and Darksiders 1. Make sure to include which game you want in the PM.

I'll give them out tomorrow as I'm going to sleep now.

Just got my account approved (yay!), but I've been following this thread (and previous ones) through 2 steam sales, have to admit I'm now a steam sale junkie. Just wanted to thank all the regulars from the recent steam winter sale thread for all the tip offs on the great deals. Managed to get a cheap bethesda pack through gamersgate for example.

Anyways looking forward to being able to contribute to the conversation from now on :).

Oh and if I can get an invite to the steamgaf group, that'd be great.

Ok I ended up giving away half the keys lol. Only Darksiders 1 and Metro 2033 are left so don't spam my box with requests for Stalker or Warhammer 40,000.

dot

Just got my account approved (yay!), but I've been following this thread (and previous ones) through 2 steam sales, have to admit I'm now a steam sale junkie. Just wanted to thank all the regulars from the recent steam winter sale thread for all the tip offs on the great deals. Managed to get a cheap bethesda pack through gamersgate for example.

Anyways looking forward to being able to contribute to the conversation from now on :).

Hey, welcome!

I sent you an invite to the regular NeoGAF group.

oipic

Welcome, STAB, great to have you on board. :)

Maybe post a link to your Steam profile page? That would help the, umm, gatekeepers of the GAF and Steam Gifts groups to add you more easily.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait to have your account approved?

EDIT: Way too slow... job well done, dot.

Welcome, STAB, great to have you on board. :)

Maybe post a link to your Steam profile page? That would help the, umm, gatekeepers of the GAF and Steam Gifts groups to add you more easily.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait to have your account approved?

EDIT: Way too slow... job well done, dot.

According to my email, I registered on 20/08/12, so just under 5 months, felt like forever. But all good things take time.

Yeah sorry my profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stabgaming/

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So uh, has anyone posted any Amazon updates today? They're working on a kind of crazy "Arcade Bundle" which includes Deadlight/Insanely Twisted/Iron Brigade/Mark of the Ninja/Toy Soldiers... for 10 bucks. Um. This might be on the 2012 list... (-$5)

Fable Lost Chapters / Fable 3 / F3 DLC for 10... possibly on the EC list as well.

Oh and all of those games will be 75%.

Yeah. Not sure how or why Microsoft would agree to any of this, but cool!

gg.

source
I want that bundle, like, now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you're one of the few without Just Cause 2, it's 75% off ($3.74) over at GG for the next ~23 hours. (For reasons unfathomable, the discount doesn't apply to the Complete Edition.)

Nillansan

Sounds lovely.

Here's a few suggestions:

TowerClimb (Available as a beta)
Out There Somewhere (It has already been released)
Anodyne (A demo is available, game will be released in late January 2013)
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold (Q1 2013)
Legend of Dungeon (Early 2013)

I want to echo a couple of HoosTrax's suggestions as well:

Gray Matter
Kingdom Rush

So uh, has anyone posted any Amazon updates today? They're working on a kind of crazy "Arcade Bundle" which includes Deadlight/Insanely Twisted/Iron Brigade/Mark of the Ninja/Toy Soldiers... for 10 bucks. Um. This might be on the 2012 list... (-$5)

Fable Lost Chapters / Fable 3 / F3 DLC for 10... possibly on the EC list as well.

Oh and all of those games will be 75%.

Yeah. Not sure how or why Microsoft would agree to any of this, but cool!

gg.

source

Must resist buying if the bundle happens.
Won't resist.

Binary Domain has the best love story in recent memory. /reckless

Has Sega said anything about a sequel? I'd even buy it on Day 1.

Tomodachi

Grey Matter!

Or alternatively, Cognition.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I found Binary Domain to fantastically paced. From one epic scenario to another, swiftly. With the whole game never overstaying its welcome.
The action sequences were fine, weird controls aside. What really got on my nerves were characters stopping after a shootout to talk, making me walk hyper-slowly.

If those dialogue bits weren't there, I'm sure I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom