• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Has this been mentioned yet? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33820043&postcount=709

The game hubs for the various d&d games are up on steam, but the store pages are not up yet, except for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, which is up now. but you can't directly search for it
Baldur's Gate EE is a newish game by Beamdog (I mentioned that yesterday btw), to modernize and also "enhance" BG1.

I don't think they have anything to do with the old D&D back catalog, and the effort to get those, in an as-is state, onto steam. Those old games would have presumably been added to Steam completely unchanged.

Also, BG-EE was added to Steam registry just yesterday, whereas the back catalog games have been sitting in the registry for quite some time.

--

I hope the Steam version of BG-EE doesn't have weird DRM on it...does it use Steam for patches, or Beamdog's thing?

Jesus, I suck so much at Hotline Miami. And I'm still at chapter 3.

This is about when you start to figure out that if you are going to fail, you might as well fail at top speed. Get to the restarts faster that way. Then you start to get much better at the game when you are playing it at that speed.

How do the Grotesque Tactics games compare to the Kings Bounty and HOMM games?

Derrick01

Banned
Oh damn euro truck sim 2 is finally out! I don't know if I want to buy it at that price though, especially since I don't have a wheel.

KingKong

Twinduct

Oh damn euro truck sim 2 is finally out! I don't know if I want to buy it at that price though, especially since I don't have a wheel.

Really easy to make this decision. How much are you willing to spend for an hour of fun?
I mean after an hour you come to the conclusion that your actually partaking in the day to day live of a truck driver.

Really easy to make this decision. How much are you willing to spend for an hour of fun?
I mean after an hour you come to the conclusion that your actually partaking in the day to day live of a truck driver.
As opposed to any other Simulation game ever?

Some people find pretending to do other jobs fun.

Saying that, I don't think this type of game is the type I would personally enjoy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's actually a really good sim.

Of course the subject matter is pretty niche (driving trucks across europe) but it's really well made.

Shhh quiet you. That suggests that the community is actively selecting games it wants to buy and not that Valve is secretly rigging each month's results. That simply doesn't jell with the fact that my terrible 1-bit dating sim/tower defense/metroidvania game still hasn't been greenlit.

J-Tier

I wonder how well SimCubicle would sell.

I'd buy it too haha.

"50% of your employees fall asleep on the job! Upgrade Coffee Maker for $300 to make employees more productive."
"Garry broke your new printer! Remember to train your employees."
"It's raining today. Anne, Jodie, Bob, Jim, Garry, Joe, Craig, and 20 other of your employees called in sick."

Burekma

This basically confirms that Greenlight does exacty what it was conceived to do. Well played Garry, well played...

The problem is, people on GAF realized that's not what they actually want, since the games they like won't actually sell well, which means they have little to no chance to get through the sieve.

Therefore, Greenlight has been branded as shit and Valve needs to scrap it and hire employees to pick games that won't sell.

It feels so good once you master the controls and the flow of combat. You become a ruthless, methodical killing machine.
My problem is really with the awkward controls. I'm playing with mouse+kb, but I don't think the controls will get better using a joypad.

The atmosphere of the game is pretty good, tho.

Derrick01

Banned
Why? I don't understand.

Watch the giant bomb quick look on it. I was sold on it before that but it looks fun as hell in spurts. It's not something I'd play for 4 hours straight but there's lots of customization and RPG elements in it. It's not all just driving.

Kabouter

Watch the giant bomb quick look on it. I was sold on it before that but it looks fun as hell in spurts. It's not something I'd play for 4 hours straight but there's lots of customization and RPG elements in it. It's not all just driving.
It's the management elements that make me interested in these simulation games, it's what I liked more than anything about Farming Simulator 2013 as well, which was one of my honourable mentions for GOTY.

JohnDonut

Banned
Could you elaborate more on your extensive experience with the game? What were some of its main failings?
I can't. It's an opinion based on previous simulator games such as euro truck 1 or farming simulator and the like.

Here, I'll reword my previous statement:

It's a game I find shitty because it is a 18 wheeler simulator which isn't something I ever will be remotely interested in. I don't know if it's fun to play though, so I may be wrong!

Haunted

So this 10000000 game just came out on Steam. I've heard a couple people sing its praises in the ios thread but those guys can't be trusted.

Is it any good?

morningbus

Don't confine the hot fire to just NeoGAF, take this line of reasoning to Twitter where it can be properly expressed in hashtag form!

DON'T LIKE WHAT I DON'T LIKE!

It's actually worse than that: Don't like what I think I don't like.

Rapstah

So this 10000000 game just came out on Steam. I've heard a couple people sing its praises in the ios thread but those guys can't be trusted.

Is it any good?

It's very clearly made for the kinds of situations where you pull up a tablet (or phone I guess) for three minutes to play something. It works, but hey.

inky

Is it any good?

I thought it was OK. I played it exclusively in the pooper tho, so it was more of a distraction while other stuff happened than a game I wanted to sit down and play on my own accord.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Is it any good?

I loved it, but it has no place on PCs. It's a sub-par experience to what it's supposed to be. You can still get a lot of fun out of it, but...it shouldn't be on a PC like this.

morningbus

I'm sorry I have an opinion? I'll keep in mind to shut up instead in the future.

Opinions can be wrong. You're absolutely entitled to your wrong opinion and you're under no obligation to change or even rethink it, but know: it's not a defense for an unfounded or otherwise poorly reasoned belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom