• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

I am going to be writing a feature highlighting a yet to be approved title on Steam Greenlight over at SteamGameFans.com soon. I'm taking suggestions as to which I should write about. What do you suggest? A short interview with the developer and hands-on impressions will likely be included.

Shantae.

Has Sega said anything about a sequel? I'd even buy it on Day 1.

Binary Domain bombed hard on console, although I think the PC port might have done OK.

have these been posted yet??

Bundle Stars : $5.30

Unstoppable Gorg
Stellar Impact
Twin Sector
Dead Horde
Future Wars
Greed : Black Border
Grotesque Tactics
Trapped Dead
2 'Mystery Games'

Bundle Stars 1 : $6.68

Men of War : Vietnam
Off-Road Drive
Reign : Conflict of Nations
Death to Spies : Moment of Truth
Death Track : Resurrection
Star Wolves 2
Real Warfare 1242
Real Warfare 2

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
While the second bundle is arguably the worst yet as it's nothing more than a compilation of indie games that have appeared in numerous other bundles, the first is actually terrific value.

Jase buys guitars and never plays them. :eek:

Just the one so far. I'll expand my collection once I'm done with Steam. :p

Isaccard

While the second bundle is arguably the worst yet as it's nothing more than a compilation of indie games that have appeared in numerous other bundles, the first is actually terrific value.

When will that be?

hahaha thanks for the laugh

Caerith

Australia was originally used as a penal colony by the British, who sent criminals there for punishment by vicious wildlife and expensive video games.

1-D_FTW

Amazon Tony said:
I jumped all over this, great deal on that.

Also, for those of you interested in the Microsoft games we just launched here's what we're looking at NOTE THIS IS NOT FINALIZED BUT CLOSE I'M ABOUT 80% confident this is what the deals will look like:

All 11 games will be 75% off but not on the EC list.

A bundle of the Arcade Style games (Deadlight/ITSP/Iron Brigade/Mark of the Ninja/Toy Soldiers) will be $9.99 and LIKELY on the EC list.

The Fable Bundle (Fable Lost Chapters + Fable III + FIII DLC) will also be $9.99 and likely on the EC list.

Again still getting the final check marks in place but this looks like what we'll end up with.

Cheers,
Tony

Gonna be pretty batshit insane if he pulls it off.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Guys when you buy that arcade bundle you should totally actually play and beat Mark of the Ninja so that the few people who have don't look like shills for the game.

It's like the best stealth and sidescroller (my bad) game in years FFS.

Guys when you buy that arcade bundle you should totally actually play and beat Mark of the Ninja so that the few people who have don't look like shills for the game.

It's like the best stealth and 2d game in years FFS.
Best stealth since a few years? Yes... and that alone shows how niche this genre is now. But not the best 2D.

MOTN has one of the best implementations of no-kill stealth gaming ever done. I always prefer to play anything remotely stealthy in a no-kill, no-detect fashion as much as I can, and MOTN was designed with that kind of gameplay in mind.

It's way harder to play this way, but I did beat the game no-kill (except for the few required scripted kills, which don't count against you) and it is very possible.

HoosTrax

I liked Path of Terror style more in MOTN. Lots of fun scaring the hell out of enemies, getting them to kill each other, and just watching the indirect mayhem you can cause.

iavi

The action sequences were fine, weird controls aside. What really got on my nerves were characters stopping after a shootout to talk, making me walk hyper-slowly.

If those dialogue bits weren't there, I'm sure I would have enjoyed the game much more.

Here's to taste then.

I loved the banter between enemy waves/set pieces. Felt the game wouldn't be the same without it.

frozzted

Sitting here, watching Storage Wars Texas when.... Gabe? Is that you!?

29jYe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom