• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues installing games right after you activated a product key? It doesn't show up in my library either unless I restart Steam. So not that big of a deal, but it's a bit annoying. Imagine it might be restricted to people using the beta client though.

Anyway, have some keys, if you could be cool enough to see if you have the same problem.

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D
Serious Sam Random Encounter

I had that problem after activating the bundlestars keys, had to keep switching between the store and library to make them show up. Might just have been an issue with that beta?

I clicked on Omerta - City of Gangsters, figuring it would be some MMO, but it actually looks pretty cool. Sim, turn-based tactical stuff, campaign plus multiplayer plus co-op? It's apparently made by the Tropico team, and I guess I completely overlooked it.

It's coming out on January 31.
You can get it for only $25.50 on GMG with GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 (code works until 16GMT today).

I had that problem after activating the bundlestars keys, had to keep switching between the store and library to make them show up. Might just have been an issue with that beta?
Yeah, funny that. Just got an update and tried a couple of codes and it seems to have been fixed.

Anyone else having issues installing games right after you activated a product key? It doesn't show up in my library either unless I restart Steam. So not that big of a deal, but it's a bit annoying. Imagine it might be restricted to people using the beta client though.

Anyway, have some keys, if you could be cool enough to see if you have the same problem.

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D

Got Cave Story and its working fine, thanks dirty!

yaron777

Some keys on this post as well

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Metro 2033 (which probably everyone has)

Thanks, got Crayon.
Let me see if I have some spare keys...

Serious Sam Double D
Greed Corp
Bit.Trip Runner
Puzzle Agent 2
Children of the Nile Enhanced Edition
Anomaly: Warzone Earth

One each, please.

dk_

Thanks, got Crayon.

Serious Sam Double D
Greed Corp
Bit.Trip Runner
Puzzle Agent 2

One each, please.

Too late, thx nevertheless.

Tizoc

Thanks, got Crayon.

Serious Sam Double D
Greed Corp
Bit.Trip Runner
Puzzle Agent 2

One each, please.
Damnit i'm not at home and i want puzzle agent 2 >.<

Tomodachi

Tried Hector: Badge of Carnage for literally a couple minutes before quitting and unistalling it forever. Gross, distusting, not funny at all, vulgar, what the hell Telltale. Am I overreacting or somebody else got the same reaction? I know I shouldn't judge on a couple minutes but those really irritated me.

Tried Hector: Badge of Carnage for literally a couple minutes before quitting and unistalling it forever. Gross, distusting, not funny at all, vulgar, what the hell Telltale. Am I overreacting or somebody else got the same reaction? I know I shouldn't judge on a couple minutes but those really irritated me.

Yeah, I tried the original iOS version and couldn't get into it. Telltale are only the publisher on this one though.

MasLegio

Banned

perhaps you should have read up on the game before you bought it

dreamfall

You've inspired me to try it! Had no idea what it was, read up on it. Looks like it'll be really sick throughout, but this thread has definitely helped me recognize games I've never even heard of!

Tomodachi

perhaps you should have read up on the game before you bought it
I don't even remember when I got it, must have been one of those impulse buy in a steam sale, daily deal, indie bundle or something. I don't regret getting it tbh, gotta feed that steam library black hole!

It's incredibly sardonic and incredibly british in its vulgar and offensive sensibilities. I quite like it, but admittedly that kind of humour sometimes doesn't travel well. I take it you're not a Brit?

Tomodachi

It's incredibly sardonic and incredibly british in its vulgar and offensive sensibilities. I quite like it, but admittedly that kind of humour sometimes doesn't travel well. I take it you're not a Brit?
Nope. Forgot to mention that I'm Italian, have no problem at all with written english but spoken english can be sometimes, especially with a marked british accent. The game doesn't have cutscene subtitles so it was kind of a chore to follow.

Nope. Forgot to mention that I'm Italian, have no problem at all with written english but spoken english can be sometimes, especially with a marked british accent. The game doesn't have cutscene subtitles so it was kind of a chore to follow.

Yeah, you'd probably need to have been brought up on a diet of Monty Python, League of Gentlemen etc. to click with Hector : Badge of Carnage.

ArjanN

I liked it as well, but I realize the crudeness of the comedy might be an aquired taste.

DagsJT

I was quite enjoying Deadlight. Then I got to the Rat levels and the game has become close to being pretty awful. Completely changed what was good about it and turned it into some crap Tomb Raider 2D wannabe.

ShaneB

I clicked on Omerta - City of Gangsters, figuring it would be some MMO, but it actually looks pretty cool. Sim, turn-based tactical stuff, campaign plus multiplayer plus co-op? It's apparently made by the Tropico team, and I guess I completely overlooked it.

It's coming out on January 31.

They talked about it on the PC Gamer UK podcast before. It did sound pretty cool. All the Xcom and Civ I've been playing certainly reignited my love of turned based strategy games, but since Xcom is so bleak, I would love something more colourful and bright like a Fire Emblem or something :p

They talked about it on the PC Gamer UK podcast before. It did sound pretty cool. All the Xcom and Civ I've been playing certainly reignited my love of turned based strategy games, but since Xcom is so bleak, I would love something more colourful and bright like a Fire Emblem or something :p

Funny you mention this, I'm really in the mood for a FE right now but I didn't like the DS remake and I would have to buy a 3DS to play the upcoming one. It's a crime that there's no competent FE clone on PC. Get on this, fucking indie developers.

ShaneB

Funny you mention this, I'm really in the mood for a FE right now but I didn't like the DS remake and I would have to buy a 3DS to play the upcoming one. It's a crime that there's no competent FE clone on PC. Get on this, fucking indie developers.

Yeah, I've played a bunch of Fire Emblem on the GBA releases, but just feel out of the series, but all the talk of the new one + my recent turn based gaming was a reminder that hell, I'd love a FE-esque game on PC.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They tried, but people didn't care to fund their kickstarter, but thankfully they're still working on it anyway. Of course, no indie game is going to be the exact thing, or it would be just a rip off anyway, but it's gonna scratch a similar itch, but you're still better off getting the real deal as well as the clone if it ends up being good (which it will for sure).

About $8 too expensive still. Almost the entire last half (starting around mission 11/20) of the game is completely horrible.

the parts i found 'horrible' were the non-level levels that last about 15 seconds and accomplish not a damn thing. I think theres about 2-3 of those in the last half.

but 2nd to last mission was pretty terribad. not to mention the story...where the chick that dies is magically alive? i checked out about halfway through, just found it strange and unsatisfying

ShaneB

They tried, but people didn't care to fund their kickstarter, but thankfully they're still working on it anyway. Of course, no indie game is going to be the exact thing, or it would be just a rip off anyway, but it's gonna scratch a similar itch, but you're still better off getting the real deal as well as the clone if it ends up being good (which it will for sure).

Ah yes, I remember that game now, and I even tried looking on Greenlight last night for it, but couldn't find it, odd.

Well, that gives me another game on greenlight to hope shows up.

Derrick01

Banned
the parts i found 'horrible' were the non-level levels that last about 15 seconds and accomplish not a damn thing. I think theres about 2-3 of those in the last half.

but 2nd to last mission was pretty terribad. not to mention the story...where the chick that dies is magically alive? i checked out about halfway through, just found it strange and unsatisfying

This too. I counted 4 areas that the game counts as full missions that last about 20 minutes. Not 20 minutes each, 20 minutes together. There's 1 that you can finish in literally 30 seconds and if you choose to explore the surrounding area you can up it to maybe 2 minutes. So the game technically has 16 actual missions and probably 12 or 13 of those are the annoyingly bad ultra linear levels.

You guys are way too hard on the Juniors. It's almost as if you want to trip them up so they get banned and put freestyles on youtube.

Yeah, I've played a bunch of Fire Emblem on the GBA releases, but just feel out of the series, but all the talk of the new one + my recent turn based gaming was a reminder that hell, I'd love a FE-esque game on PC.

Yggdra Union was similar but I never got into that. I'm all about fires and emblems. Really need to rip my copy of Path of Radiance to play on Dolphin.

Ah I remember that. Looked interesting and ambitious, hope it turns out well. I wouldn't say no to a 1:1 copy of FE with a new coat of paint though. I don't think it'll ever get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom