• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I don't understand this. Whenever I look at a free to play game, it shows that the number of friends who "own" it is one less than the number of people on my friends list.

Does this mean that there's someone with a non-premium account on there? If so, I can't figure out who it is.

Are you using a calculator?

If so, use the Enhanced Steam chrome addon, it's much more accurate because it tallies the totals from your account.

just includes purchases made through steam though. if you bought through a different retailer (amazon, gmg, gog, etc.), its omitted from the total.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I know that some people mentioned it, so I'll play the same tune: Serious Sam Double D is pretty good. An hour in myself, so nearly half way through if how long to beat is any indication. It's got some jank, but nothing really enough to elude the gameplay.

Play it if you got it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finished it, didn't really like it. Probably because I didn't get into the story at all and hence was just going through the motions and fighting the controls and collision detection the whole time.

I can see the appeal, heck I enjoy trial and error games like Boshy, but I wouldn't call it flawless at all.

I will be interested to see if they expand on the game with a more interesting and polished sequel.

Sounds like you weren't very good at the game. I don't fight controls. They seem to do exactly as I say.

esai

Definitely. I'm playing through the first one right now and really like it. Combat is maybe a little basic but the world is really interesting. I would imagine you would get a lot more out of the second having played through the first.

thanks. ill wait till the first one goes on sale.

Derrick01

Banned
Steam's getting annoying lately. Half the time I try to load the store or a community section it takes forever and when I bought Euro Truck 2 just now it didn't even show up in my library until I restarted my whole PC. Fix this shit Gaben!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Who keeps buying Euro Truck.

Seriously.

The people that voted it through greenlight and the people responding to their friends' positive feedback?

Look, I get where some of you are coming from: I ask myself the same questions every time someone buys a Serious Sam game.

The only difference is that I have played the Serious Sam games and know they are shit. You are basing your opinion of Euro Truck from nothing or opinions so weak they might as well be nothing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I also thought it was funny (well scammy actually) that the "Anno 2070 DLC Complete Pack" does not in fact include the Deep Oceans DLC.

Yeah, and it's not the only example of a so-called "complete" collection missing content. How hard is it to remove the "complete" from the title if you're going to delay or forgo entirely the inclusion of some content?

morningbus

morningbus, did you work on Comfy Sim 2?

No, just a clairvoyant that can see through the obvious miasma that is Valve's heavy handed control over Greenlight.

I can see all possibilities and know that there is simply no way someone could have voted for Euro Truck and not my copyright infringing One-Piece tower defense game.

It is simply impossible.

Therefore, Gabe himself must be tampering with the results of Greenlight, then further tampering with the top seller's list in a single-minded focus to drive me mad and cloud my ethereal vision of what is yet to be.

Once they are done, once my mind has been rendered and razed, they will announce Half-Life 3. Even now, I peer into the future and it is like walking through spider webs, my temporal self flailing, trying to swat away at something I can not see, small glimpses of a future I should but won't be truly present for.

This is your bastard god. This is your Steam Greenlight.

JohnDonut

Banned
The people that voted it through greenlight and the people responding to their friends' positive feedback?

Look, I get where some of you are coming from: I ask myself the same questions every time someone buys a Serious Sam game.

The only difference is that I have played the Serious Sam games and know they are shit. You are basing your opinion of Euro Truck from nothing or opinions so weak they might as well be nothing.
iQRhDxp4KZYmM.gif

You are basing your opinion of Serious Sam from opinions so weak they might as well be nothing.

fixd dat for ya friend

JohnDonut

Banned
I have played Serious Sam. You have not played Eurotruck.

Let the discussion begin.
Let us throw our experience of Serious Sam into the ring and have a go.

I challenge you to the Pon Farr good sir.

I'm not being serious, I'm just havin a go. Serious Sam is seriously awesome in my opinion tho.

Derrick01

Banned
Who keeps buying Euro Truck.

Seriously.

I just did about an hour ago. Haven't been able to play it yet but I am really looking forward to it. I don't know why people think this is some shovelware game, it's not. I urge people to check out at least a little of the 2 hour giant bomb quick look.

morningbus

Let us throw our experience of Serious Sam into the ring and have a go.

I challenge you to the Pon Farr good sir.

I'm not being serious, I'm just havin a go. Serious Sam is seriously awesome in my opinion tho.

Interestingly enough, I don't think there is a single complaint you can make against the core gameplay of Euro Truck that couldn't also be applied to Serious Sam.

mainly because you haven't played Eurotruck. BOOM.

I just did about an hour ago. Haven't been able to play it yet but I am really looking forward to it. I don't know why people think this is some shovelware game, it's not. I urge people to check out at least a little of the 2 hour giant bomb quick look.

I find it odd that people are fine with putting up with some jank in Euro RPGs and the like, but in a goofy truck sim? Ewww, get that shit outta here!

I'll get ETS2 when it's $10 or less. I just wish that I still had my 360 racing wheel to enjoy it all the more :(.

Sounds like you weren't very good at the game. I don't fight controls. They seem to do exactly as I say.

Hmm, not sure exactly where you are going with that. I'm sure people who enjoy it will learn to be able to play Hotline Miami extremely well. I don't think not reaching that ideal state fundamentally changes somebodies personal experience with it when they have completed it.

Dingotech

Hmm, not sure exactly where you are going with that. I'm sure people who enjoy it will learn to be able to play Hotline Miami extremely well. I don't think not reaching that ideal state fundamentally changes somebodies personal experience with it when they have completed it.

What he's saying is that Hotline Miami controls really well, and I agree with him.

Plently of games have clunky controls, Hotline Miami isn't one of them.

What he's saying is that Hotline Miami controls really well, and I agree with him.

Plently of games have clunky controls, Hotline Miami isn't one of them.

That is fine and I'm sure lots of people, probably a large majority would also agree.

But I found the combination of moving and aiming using the mouse frustrating when coupled with the collision detection and close in view. I'd be surprised if everybody found that flawless beyond a very high level of mastery. Even then I suggest that is working around technical limitations rather then reaching some level where suddenly enjoyment was possible. There just isn't a hidden depth that is only exposed to top level players.

In other words, I'm suggesting it is possible for somebody to not like the game. This is just as I don't like driving games but I can get around the track just fine. It has nothing to do with my "skill" or lack thereof.

Anyone else having issues installing games right after you activated a product key? It doesn't show up in my library either unless I restart Steam. So not that big of a deal, but it's a bit annoying. Imagine it might be restricted to people using the beta client though.

Anyway, have some keys, if you could be cool enough to see if you have the same problem.

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D
Serious Sam Random Encounter

Nabs

Anyone else having issues installing games right after you activated a product key? It doesn't show up in my library either unless I restart Steam. So not that big of a deal, but it's a bit annoying. Imagine it might be restricted to people using the beta client though.

Anyway, have some keys, if you could be cool enough to see if you have the same problem.

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D

I snatched up Hinterland. I'm not sure why, but I'll install it and try it out. Thanks.

Hofmann

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D

Thanks for the Resonance.

Miker

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D

I was gonna grab Resonance, but it was already snatched :(

robbed

Neo Member

Resonance
Hinterland
Roboblitz
Cave Story +
Offspring Fling x 2
Serious Sam Double D

nabbed the 2nd offspring fling code! Thanks! Didn't have the problem you had though. I'm not on the beta client

Blizzard

Banned
I clicked on Omerta - City of Gangsters, figuring it would be some MMO, but it actually looks pretty cool. Sim, turn-based tactical stuff, campaign plus multiplayer plus co-op? It's apparently made by the Tropico team, and I guess I completely overlooked it.

It's coming out on January 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom