• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Funny you mention this, I'm really in the mood for a FE right now but I didn't like the DS remake and I would have to buy a 3DS to play the upcoming one. It's a crime that there's no competent FE clone on PC. Get on this, fucking indie developers.
Skulls of the Shogun is a pretty great TBS game, but we won't see it on Steam. That's a shame.

Nabs

It only took 2 months, but Revelations 2012 added dancing back in. I almost deleted the game when they removed it and made the game boring as fuck.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It only took 2 months, but Revelations 2012 added dancing back in. I almost deleted the game when they removed it and made the game boring as fuck.

Okay, we're getting back into this shit. You better redownload this Stallion.

JohnDonut

Banned
So Gamestop took Metro Last Light down off their site and refunding everyone who's preordered it. They're scared THQ might not be able to publish it.

Derrick01

Banned
So Gamestop took Metro Last Light down off their site and refunding everyone who's preordered it. They're scared THQ might not be able to publish it.

Sounds to me like Gamestop just wants to cover their ass and doesn't want to deal with a potential situation where they have to refund everyone. Not that there's probably all that many people who preorder PC games from them anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sounds to me like Gamestop just wants to cover their ass and doesn't want to deal with a potential situation where they have to refund everyone. Not that there's probably all that many people who preorder PC games from them anyway.
Wouldn't that apply to all three platforms the game is releasing on?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wouldn't that apply to all three platforms the game is releasing on?

PC is doomed, blah blah.

It might have something to do with the way preorders are handled on their website and 360/PS3 preorders are affected as well.

I imagine if you have a PC preorder in store, they'd be all like, "Yo, bro, why not switch those dollaroos towards Halo: RBLS. Bro, where you going, bro? Come back bro, I'll suck your dick, bro."

Nillansan

Okay so I've got a Assassin's Creed 3 code for the UPlay store, I won't be using it. I've seen Desura codes posted here so I am assuming that it is okay if I give a UPlay code away here.

I have only played through Assassin's Creed 2 and I found it to be an extremely frustrating experience mainly due to the repetitive nature of the game. The AC3 impressions that I have read lead me to the conclusion that AC3 will be no different, hence the give away.

First to quote, gets the code.

Saty

Is there no Valve press-release about Steam in 2012? I wanna know if they had another over 100% year-on-year growth.

Derrick01

Banned
Aww no wonder why I lost my internet radio connection. God damn it Steam!

I started Euro Truck 2 and was driving from London to Cambridge and about halfway there I plowed through a line of about 15 cars while listening to Maneater from Hall and Oates on some 80s french station.

Is it too late to call this my 2012 goty?

Okay so I've got a Assassin's Creed 3 code for the UPlay store, I won't be using it. I've seen Desura codes posted here so I am assuming that it is okay if I give a UPlay code away here.

I have only played through Assassin's Creed 2 and I found it to be an extremely frustrating experience mainly due to the repetitive nature of the game. The AC3 impressions that I have read lead me to the conclusion that AC3 will be no different, hence the give away.

Wow, for real? :eek:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aww no wonder why I lost my internet radio connection. God damn it Steam!

I started Euro Truck 2 and was driving from London to Cambridge and about halfway there I plowed through a line of about 15 cars while listening to Maneater from Hall and Oates on some 80s french station.

Is it too late to call this my 2012 goty?

The GAF voting thread is still open for another ~14.5 hours!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
My mate just gifted my 10,000,000.

Bloody hell, this game is like crack!

"One more go..."

It's fun at the start. You'll eventually reach a point where you realize it's far more efficient to just randomly match whatever you can as fast as you can to cause random mega chains from the top instead of strategically matching stuff. Once you hit that point it gets pretty dull.

ORC is still $25 though, lol. Come on, Capcom, just drop the price already, no one wants that turd.

I picked this up during the holiday sale and really wish I hadn't. It isn't worth it at any price. Game is absolutely atrocious and the port quality stinks to boot.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like making a good Fire Emblem clone (or say, FFT for that matter) would be a tough balancing act especially for a small dev.

1. If the character art and designs are lousy, that presumably hurts the experience, if you don't care about losing them.

2. If the writing is bad that hurts the experience.

3. If the design of everything is too different from FE or FFT or whatever, it might not feel like the game people want to play.

4. If the design of everything is too similar, it comes off as a clone, maybe at risk for a lawsuit.

5. Sort of on the character design note, FE and FFT have game worlds, characters, art styles, or whatever that serves as a sort of history. Some things are recognizable.

I don't know if my points make much sense. Perhaps they're just trivial observations. I just feel like doing one WELL is tough.

Tomodachi

I don't know if my points make much sense. Perhaps they're just trivial observations. I just feel like doing one WELL is tough.
That's exactly what I thought when I read about indie Fire Emblem clones earlier today (not in your detailed way but the core thinking was the same). Genre's very, very hard to pull off, it requires a good story, amazing character design and art direction (big part of Fire Emblem's charm), flawless gameplay and difficulty balancing, lots of different weapons, combat styles, maps and all kinds of content. They're basically long RPGs with strategic, turnbased combat (that's even more difficult to plan than real time combat). I think that's the reason no one besides big companies with years of development and hundreds of people tries it, to be honest.

Playing through Binary Domain at the moment. I stopped before the title card the last time I tried but this time, I made my way through it's awesome. I didn't expect a game from Japan to be so well written.

zychi

Banned

me?

Tizoc

Man LEGO LotR for under $10 sounds tempting over at greenmangaming...thing is, this is the kind of game I'd rather play on my PS3 for trophies...but the price is friggin' tempting >_<.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man LEGO LotR for under $10 sounds tempting over at greenmangaming...thing is, this is the kind of game I'd rather play on my PS3 for trophies...but the price is friggin' tempting >_<.

Game count > trophy count. ;)

Edit: Today's Daily is 66% off Gateways ($1.69).

1-D_FTW

So are you guys buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or just trying the free demo:

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/download.php

Download and play digitally distributed Euro Truck Simulation 2 for free.

The downloaded game has no time limit on the play time, however access to some of the game areas is limited until activated. Play free to see if you like the game, and to check whether it is compatible with your computer.

Actually sounds like it's a little more involved than your typical download. Think I might download this just because it's a good way to get used to using my Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter (since it's a lot less hectic than a racing car).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom