• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

No solid release date but Ed Key posted to Twitter that Proteus comes out the same week. Between those two and The Cave, the end of this month looks pretty amazing for smaller games.

The competition for the indie GOTY game of the year 2013 could well be played in January.

I haven't been playing PC much this week because I've been totally loving Eufloria HD on my Android tablet. For the first time ever I think I've found a game which plays better on a tablet than PC. Not that I've ever argued it's not possible or anything, but I just hadn't found one yet.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I haven't been playing PC much this week because I've been totally loving Eufloria HD on my Android tablet. For the first time ever I think I've found a game which plays better on a tablet than PC. Not that I've ever argued it's not possible or anything, but I just hadn't found one yet.

I only play Eufloria when I'm so stoned that I don't know what platform I'm using. Get on my level.

Does anybody have any thoughts on Lost Planet 2?

Like I said I enjoyed the first one, but probably more in multiplayer than single.

At least on the PC.
Multiplayer in the second game is dead, dead, DEAD.
Just as well I suppose. I liked the multiplayer in Lost Planet 1: Colonies but I didn't like LP2's.

LP2 does have a really good campaign...provided you play with three others online. There's tons of unlockables, lots of variety in terms of weapons & customization, and the missions are really fun(well...the last stretch of the final mission is kinda ass).

Dingotech

At least on the PC.
Multiplayer in the second game is dead, dead, DEAD.
Just as well I suppose. I liked the multiplayer in Lost Planet 1: Colonies but I didn't like LP2's.

LP2 does have a really good campaign...provided you play with three others online. There's tons of unlockables, lots of variety in terms of weapons & customization, and the missions are really fun(well...the last stretch of the final mission is kinda ass).

Thanks very much for the detailed reply!

Sounds like one to avoid....

Funny this morning when I saw the GMG deals I thought I'd be buying about 3 games today, so far I've bought none!

Nymerio

What the fuck. I still can't connect. This time it at least let me enter my login data and that steam guard thingy but that was it.

rebooted my router, now it's working.

Wok

I have found a bug in MotN. I am disappointed.

Looking at a platform which is inacessible due to a laser
8u6MoD2.jpg

Oh, oh, it is a collision bug! The laser does not hurt in the way up, but hurts the way down!
kGNM2az.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For the record, I hadn't enjoyed what I played of MoTN but that first laser screenshot looked so cool I desperately want to pick it up for myself.

It was on sale at least twice during the Winter Sale! (You did play past the opening few levels, right?)

According the to the developer, Stealth Bastard Deluxe will be today's daily deal @ 50% off:
Just a quick note to let you guys know that Stealth Bastard Deluxe will be Steam's daily deal today (Saturday 19th). It'll be 50% off for 24 hours. If you've not yet plunged, now's the ideal opportunity. Tell everybody! :D

I think I might buy it at that price, the free version was a lot of fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Idle Thumbs makes Miasmata sound incredible but I remember some on GAF not really liking it, hmm...
My opinion from the admittedly little that I played was that it's janky but has interesting concepts. Graphics aren't amazing. If you don't mind some jank you might like it. I'd have to dig up the post I made with more detailed comments if you're curious.

According the to the developer, Stealth Bastard Deluxe will be today's daily deal @ 50% off:
After watching the trailer it seems cool, and hopefully not as hard as something like VVVVVV or Super Meat Boy. I'll probably pick it up. :)

HoosTrax

I think I might buy it at that price, the free version was a lot of fun.
Anyone else have any impressions? Haven't heard much about it, maybe it had the misfortune of coming out right after Mark of the Ninja.

I believe someone highly recommended this once.

Yes, that has to be me. I've been so bloody hyped about this one. Not so sure it might be the "space combat reborn" in full a lot are probably expecting for but, to me, it's the natural step after Homeworld/Macross/Omega Boost/Freespace and all the vids I've seen so far look great.

Pity they haven't put up pre-orders because my wallet is burning for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom