• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumine

Alright thanks. Didn't want to link it before confirming, it says nothing about Steam on their site. Might pick this up then, that is indeed a very nice price for a game released just last week.

Tizoc

Just checking but are Force Unleashed 1 and 2 available on Steam? I'm assuming they are not available in my region since I couldn't find them when I searched for them.

Kabouter

Just checking but are Force Unleashed 1 and 2 available on Steam? I'm assuming they are not available in my region since I couldn't find them when I searched for them.

Please don't buy TFU 1, and really don't buy TFU 2.
(They are available here in NL though)

Lime

Steam is trying to tell you something.
Don't buy them

Both are available in the US. TFU 1 is ok. Don't buy TFU 2. It's soooooooooooooo bad.

Tizoc

Steam is trying to tell you something.
Don't buy them

Please don't buy TFU 1, and really don't buy TFU 2.
(They are available here in NL though)

I liked TFU1 on PS3, but the loading times were painful ugh.

I'd get TFU2 so long as the gameplay improves from the first game, I don't care about story. Although i just read that 2 uses GFWL hmmm...

dani_dc

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Alright thanks. Didn't want to link it before confirming, it says nothing about Steam on their site. Might pick this up then, that is indeed a very nice price for a game released just last week.

It says "Download the game data via Steam" in the description

Tomodachi

I just started Mark of the Ninja (I know, I'm guilty too) and looking at leaderboards I noticed that only two of my friends have/have played the game. Hopefully the amazon bundle will change this because I feel the need to compare scores whenever there's a leaderboard -_-

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ahahaha you guys think you could stop a desperate Star Wars fan from picking up TFU?

I just started Mark of the Ninja (I know, I'm guilty too) and looking at leaderboards I noticed that only two of my friends have/have played the game. Hopefully the amazon bundle will change this because I feel the need to compare scores whenever there's a leaderboard -_-
Leaderboards weren't retroactive so anyone who beat it prior to them being added won't be listed.

Tomodachi

Leaderboards weren't retroactive so anyone who beat it prior to them being added won't be listed.

Oh, so they were added at a later time? Bummer.

Anyway, the community page for the game tells me that only three of my friends (rather than two) have the game even after the Amazon bundle. Pity. Also, I must have horrible friends on Steam :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Anyway, the community page for the game tells me that only three of my friends (rather than two) have the game even after the Amazon bundle. Pity. Also, I must have horrible friends on Steam :p
Yep, I can confirm your friends are horrible.

Ah but here's the thing: I'm not a Star Wars fan.
Oh yeah, I forgot you were certifiably crazy.

Lime

I liked TFU1 on PS3, but the loading times were painful ugh.

I'd get TFU2 so long as the gameplay improves from the first game, I don't care about story. Although i just read that 2 uses GFWL hmmm...

Oh cool, well I'll look up more on Force Unleashed 2, I recall reading the gameplay was more polished than 1, despite being repetitive.
I mean I'm playing X-Men Origins: Wolverine and despite being reptitive, the different ways to kill enemies just feels satisfying lol.

Listen to Dice:

Don't get TFU, get Jedi Academy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I noticed the other day Steam Community is a little weird in that it'll say you have "x friends who own y" but clicking through to the list will only result in those who've actually played it.

Tomodachi

I noticed the other day Steam Community is a little weird in that it'll say you have "x friends who own y" but clicking through to the list will only result in those who've actually played it.
I clicked on the list now and indeed it's showing 3 people who played it in the last two weeks, plus 2 who played it before.
Also, it's only showing people who played for more than 0.1 hours, hiding those who own the game but never launched it. I just noticed that the store page of the game says 13 friends already own it! Yay!

So yeah, I'm relieved I can officially say my friends are a little less horrible now :p

HoosTrax

Ahhh. I was wondering why 36 friends own MOTN, yet only a handful are on the leaderboard..."I know you guys are just as bad about backlogs as I am, but sheesh!"

Holy shiet there are 1459 pages worth of DOTA2 listings already. Can I put mine up for free? I guess not since Valve wants their 1 cent cut.

Tizzzzz

Neo Member
Is there no price listing at all for Antichamber? Kind of driving me nuts, would like to know how much it's going to be. My stab in the dark would be 15 dollars just because indie titles are often priced around there.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ain't nothing better than having a shitload of people you don't talk to on your friendlist!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Actually does Steam notify people if you remove them from your friends list? Or do you just quietly stop showing up on their list?

I think it might be time for some spring cleaning.

Volcynika

Actually does Steam notify people if you remove them from your friends list? Or do you just quietly stop showing up on their list?

I think it might be time for some spring cleaning.

I've done that here and there, don't think it notifies them. A lot of people I just don't remember who they are, though if they are close to their GAF name I usually keep 'em on my list.

rybrad

I've done that here and there, don't think it notifies them. A lot of people I just don't remember who they are, though if they are close to their GAF name I usually keep 'em on my list.
You can add nicknames to people to remember who they are. I have several friends I know as something other than their Steam name so I tagged them as the name I knew which is pretty helpful.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've been culling my friendlist every few weeks, so if you're still there, feel privileged. You're basically guaranteed to always have a place on it if we've played Left 4 Dead together.

You're removing everyone who doesn't own MOTN from your FL?

Tough but fair.

Volcynika

You can add nicknames to people to remember who they are. I have several friends I know as something other than their Steam name so I tagged them as the name I knew which is pretty helpful.

Yeah I know. I had just added those people before the ability of nicknames! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom