• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

I think I'm going to wait for Origins GOTY

I've been tempted by Sleepy Dawgs for a while now, and it's already 75% off. I hope it gets a daily deal. Is there any DLC not included in the Collection?

Nabs

Will there be an Arkham Origins GOTY do you think? I own Asylum GOTY and City GOTY and due to some OCD reasoning, I'd prefer to wait for that.

I doubt you'll see something in your game list called Arkham Origins GOTY when it does come out. It'll probably be like the other Steamworks GOTY bundles.

BiggNife

Important Note: The Arkham Origins Season Pass (on sale for $5) includes the Cold, Cold Heart DLC coming out next month for $10, which is a story campaign about the origin of Mr. Freeze. So even if you couldn't care less about Challenge Maps and skins, you're still getting the story DLC for half price.

Arkham Origins is $10 (75%). So worth it if you're into the Batman games at all.

Just bought Arkham Oranges and Lego batman 2.
I tried playing AO a while ago but on PS3 it kept freezing so much and even after the patches it's still very unplayable(and when it isn't freezing, LOTS of framerate drops)

I've heard the PC/360/WiiU version is less buggy though, so fingers crossed it is, I'd like to play it since I enjoyed the heck out of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

I have 39 hours on Arkham Asylum
and 55 hours on Arkham City

Nabs

Just bought Arkham Oranges and Lego batman 2.
I tried playing AO a while ago but on PS3 it kept freezing so much and even after the patches it's still very unplayable(and when it isn't freezing, LOTS of framerate drops)

I've heard the PC/360/WiiU version is less buggy though, so fingers crossed it is, I'd like to play it since I enjoyed the heck out of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

I have 39 hours on Arkham Asylum
and 55 hours on Arkham City

The PC version is great. No worries.

derExperte

Heads up for anyone wanting this game.
It's terrible. It's similar to smash TV but is all out boring. Bought the W8 versions on PC ages ago and got about half way through. Game is great if you need to go to sleep though.

If by sleep you mean too easy I liked that you could make the game harder and challenge yourself, thus getting more XP. Depending on the price I'll recommend it for fans of top-down shooters.

BruteUA

I love Steamconomy. Bought Marlow Briggs yesterday. Just played CS: GO for about five minutes. Got a case, sold case within seconds and got 2/3 of what I paid for Briggs.

Turfster

Oh, that's why there's no EA daily on Steam. They're giving away Dead Space for free on Origin.
Gotta devalue that IP somewhere.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

derExperte

Looked pretty gross in the Bone version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32KCekrYvCQ

Dunno if the two versions are the same.

Looks like they are but you never have to buy any of the additional weapons/equipment, the standard weapons are fine, you get different ones depending on the requirements and there's a lot of stuff to pick up. Not an issue in this case imo. Of course I get if someone doesn't want to support games with IAPs at all.

Jawmuncher

If by sleep you mean too easy I liked that you could make the game harder and challenge yourself, thus getting more XP. Depending on the price I'll recommend it for fans of top-down shooters.

The price would have to be 5 or less to be worth a recommendation.
Sure the challenge was there if you wanted it but it wasn't exactly worth it for the most part.

topyy

http://www.securitykiss.com/giveaway/?t=771c05ab
SecirityKISS VPN Special Offer
3 months MALACHITE plan account 100% off
it will not last a long time.

ZpiKfia.jpg

this one is useable at least.

derExperte

The price would have to be 5 or less to be worth a recommendation.
Sure the challenge was there if you wanted it but it wasn't exactly worth it for the most part.

I think I paid 5.99€, don't think it'll be more on Steam. And then there are our Russians friends....

Jawmuncher

Batman is bought. I don't see it being cheaper than 10 for the base game even when Arkham Knight comes out....Screw that DLC though. i'll go back for it if somehow the story DLC is absolutely amazing. Have heard nothing but bad things about AC's story DLC .

Tizoc

I tried Mini Ninjas on PS3 but didn't get far in it (Easy Platinum =p), does it get better farther you advance in the game?

Jawmuncher

The most ineresting thing about Spartan Assault is that it has cards.
No that's common now, but considering it's Halo if the backgrounds and stuff are good could actually have card prices worth a damn,

A reminder for those that didn't catch it the first time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RENA Clash of Champions -- MB-5E6C799A03A681BF - Taken by Ezalc. 7 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-49F045C19F0CBE33 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-299B95EB5F76E1FB - Taken by wetflame. 9 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-4D5C098AE2894421 - Taken by More_Badass. 11 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-5C417C25ECF0642F - Taken by drakaenae. 13 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-153E2C62A3CB7960 - Taken by Vlad. 4 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-AD271CEF2F0F1900 - Taken by trailmix16. 11 entrants total.
Astro Tripper -- MB-6EA4FAF540F6C8EF - Taken by Abomination. 13 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-32F54BD497E4F1FD - Taken by aku:jiki. 5 entrants total.

t1395955060z1.png

FauX

Some Lefties

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Weird Worlds Return to Infinite Space -- MB-24A0FD035CA76513 - Taken by BinaryPork2737
POSTAL -- MB-3350B0013B905662 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Etherlords II - -- MB-347273D95921512C - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-8114CBB71C5CECC2 - Taken by schuey7
Heli Heroes -- MB-36448BAE4C0E3127 - Taken by _hekk05

Going to buy kain first. Ninjas is going into my wishlist.
I also noticed that lego batman 2 and castle of illusion is on sale too. I have buy them too!

Legacy of Kain Collection, Lego Batman 2 and Castle of Illusion your best choise my friend... Lego Batman 2 is so fun!

Lain

I don't exactly dislike Origin, but it always forgets my login details after an update, and every time I boot it up there's an update (because I don't use it much). It's really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom