• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

They're fools not to have hired you already. Has anybody else contacted you to try and snatch you up?

Well, I assume many of the things Enhanced Steam does would never make it to the official Steam client even if he was hired. They also seem to have their successful methods and reasons for doing what they do. If he fits well into their world, I'm sure he will be sought after.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/01/03/gabe-newell-on-what-makes-valve-tick/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Here is a preview of what I'm working on for that...

GlMxNPI.png

liz3z3I.png

Blos3zh.png

Download zip, unzip, edit host file, run EXE, watch magic

You're using rinetd? Editing host files? Are you redirecting the calls to the local machine and then redirecting and then redirecting it back to Valve then?

Tagyhag

Well, I assume many of the things Enhanced Steam does would never make it to the official Steam client even if he was hired. They also seem to have their successful methods and reasons for doing what they do. If he fits well into their world, I'm sure he will be sought after.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/01/03/gabe-newell-on-what-makes-valve-tick/

Agreed, stuff like showing the DRM and showing where you can get the game for cheaper are AMAZING, but Valve would say a big NO to those.

I hope shackles finds an amazing job because he truly deserves it, but I also hope no one forces him to sell out.

koolaroo

Just played through 'Gone Home" it was pretty interesting took me a bit less than 2 hours though I'm guessing a missed a bit of stuff. OK one game down one backlog to go.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're using rinetd? Editing host files? Are you redirecting the calls to the local machine and then redirecting and then redirecting it back to Valve then?

nginx is injecting Enhanced Steam, rinetd is just redirecting the SSL traffic. So you point store.steampowered.com to your local host, and nginx and rinetd take care of the rest.

In the GAF GOTY, poster reviews were used to break apart ties, I though this system wasn't really right so decided to base it on APS, this wasn't discussed before with voters.

This might have got lost when we knew what the winner was, but I would really love feedback and your views on this poll and the next one

You made the right decision.

Voting should start until mid Jan and should run for 2 weeks as posters above me have said and provided reasons for.

Nice! This is going to be great. Just started using ES recently and it is amazing.

How rare are booster packs? I have gotten one for FTL but nothing else.

I got XCOM:EU booster pack just a few days ago, and Universe Sandbox's 3 weeks before.

Booster packs for XCOM and FTL?! :eek:

:'(

I lousy booster pack and 2 or 3 foils in six months! :(

Oh well, at least ModBot likes me :). I do give excellent tongue though so he would.

Getting so sick of Green Man Gaming's bullshit. Just used my credit and the voucher to get Mortal Kombat and right after I pay the site boots me back to the log-in screen and when I try to sign in, it says the site is down. I check my bank account and, sure enough, I've been charged for (yet another) game I didn't even get a code for.

This will be my last purchase from them. This is the second time during this sale that this has happened to me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Holy shit, can't stop playing Risk of Rain. I haven't even been able to play it in co-op yet, my plan was to solo just a bit to get a feel of the game but now many hours are gone. "Just one more time" syndrome total.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Getting so sick of Green Man Gaming's bullshit. Just used my credit and the voucher to get Mortal Kombat and right after I pay the site boots me back to the log-in screen and when I try to sign in, it says the site is down. I check my bank account and, sure enough, I've been charged for (yet another) game I didn't even get a code for.

This will be my last purchase from them. This is the second time during this sale that this has happened to me.
Make sure the game isn't in your game library on GMG, and if not, Email their support.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm glad that we could come together as a community and decide that Bioshock Infinite was the #1 loser of the year. It's something we can all agree on. There's two games on the top ten I haven't tried yet, and I even own one of them, but they're going to have to sit back on the backlog with the sale games I got last week. Working one sale back, I'm engrossed by Dark Souls. This game keeps throwing hilariously large swords at me to give me a new goal to work towards.

Only for a few games, and chances are so low it's really not worth it unless you've got really amazing luck (read: I've never had a good drop)

That's true.

I look at which badges have emotions/backgrounds combinations that sell for at least the cost of crafting the badge and whether the probability of getting those combinations are in my favor. I usually end up breaking-even crafting higher levels of badges though all my badge crafting has been financed though card money.

Fox318

I voted for this before the Winter Sale

5.Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
4.DLC Quest
3.The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief
2.Poker Night 2
1.Saints Row IV

Having now played/beat the top 2 games on our list my rankings would be this now

5.The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief
4.Poker Night 2
3.Rogue Legacy
2.Bioshock Infinite
1.Saints Row IV

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Damn, I didn't get you with my shilling in the sales thread?

So many people were negative about Remember Me. Every time there's a screenshot posted I think about grabbing it, but then two or three people jump in to complain about the game. I have to stay fickle during sales time. Can't put food on the table with Capcom games.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
My lightning

My praye̷̶̢̨̛̞̫̝̪̙̘̜͕̝̼͍̳̟̟̙̱̠͚ͪͣͤ͆̿ͫ̋̔̓͐̓ͥ͑͋̔͛ͤ͆

FloatOn

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was pretty great.

I now want a game where I can travel around real world locations and take pictures.

Turfster

You had me. Just I didnt have money lol. The first world problems of a broke college student.

Oh. Good. I thought I'd lost my touch, especially with all the other people joining their voices to mine ;)

So many people were negative about Remember Me. Every time there's a screenshot posted I think about grabbing it, but then two or three people jump in to complain about the game. I have to stay fickle during sales time. Can't put food on the table with Capcom games.

It really is worth grabbing next time it's 10$ish. (Hell, it's worth more, but I understand economic realities ;)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing Transformers Fall Of Cybertron and my inner fanboy is squealing with delight, it's so damn good. Campaign seems to be a bit more varied than the first one as well. It's a pity we'll probably never seen a third one though :(

Seems to be a strange bug though where you're using the controller but the menus still need the mouse to equip, upgrade etc. Pity they never patched that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom