• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm quite stoked that people aren't massive jerks on CS:S

played a little when I got it, managed to shoot some guys and everything. Man it's kind of looking pretty dated now :lol fun like I remember though.

People are bigger fucks on L4D2 actually. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to play a scavenge game 5 rounds to conclusion without 1 side getting fucked by rage quitters.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
catfish said:
I'm quite stoked that people aren't massive jerks on CS:S

played a little when I got it, managed to shoot some guys and everything. Man it's kind of looking pretty dated now :lol fun like I remember though.

People are bigger fucks on L4D2 actually. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to play a scavenge game 5 rounds to conclusion without 1 side getting fucked by rage quitters.
I find it strange that TF2 has one of the most chillax communities on the internet, and L4D (the first one at least, I don't own L4D2) has one of the worst.

Rubezh

Archie said:
I find it strange that TF2 has one of the most chillax communities on the internet, and L4D (the first one at least, I don't own L4D2) has one of the worst.

That's certainly the impression I get as well. Intentional game design such as the cartoony, colourful, light hearted graphics and funny kill shots might have something to do with it.

Tenks

Archie said:

It kinda makes sense. You can casually play TF2/CS:S without teamwork or anything resembling teamwork and still have fun. In L4D/2 you are only as good as your weakest link so people tend to bitch more about it.

Twig

Banned
Archie said:
It's not strange at all.

L4D is much more team oriented. And it lasts much longer, it's a commitment.

That said, that has not been my experience, at all. Ever. Unless you count opponent ragequits. But I consider that a win.

Kalypso Media Digital Week Long Sale!

December 14, 2009, 9:38 am - Valve - General Announcement

Kalypso Media Digital is having a 25%-50% sale on all of their titles for one week. The discounts end on Friday so check them out now!

Tropico 3 is $29.99 and Tropico Reloaded is $4.99. How's Tropico Reloaded? Never played any of the games in the series and might get this.

JDSN

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
Tropico 3 is $29.99 and Tropico Reloaded is $4.99. How's Tropico Reloaded? Never played any of the games in the series and might get this.

Get Reloaded, the original is awesome, it has aged well and the sountrack is one of the best in gaming. (And I dont say the world "Best" when it comes to games usually). Tropico3 is basically an evolution of Tropico 1.

This really sucks to hear about the L4D2 community. I've got the game still sealed (picked it up for $30 at Gamestop over Black Friday) and been waiting to get into it, but I generally only play public games since I usually play FPSes pretty casually. I had really good luck with L4D1 public games too.

Zzoram

videotape said:
This really sucks to hear about the L4D2 community. I've got the game still sealed (picked it up for $30 at Gamestop over Black Friday) and been waiting to get into it, but I generally only play public games since I usually play FPSes pretty casually. I had really good luck with L4D1 public games too.

The L4D2 Campaign community is good. It's only competitive modes where people rage quit. Even then, play with GAF or play late at night and people are much better. After dinner players are usually younger and angrier.

videotape said:
If you were fine with the L4D1 community, you shouldn't really have a problem with the L4D2 community.

JDSN said:
Get Reloaded, the original is awesome, it has aged well and the sountrack is one of the best in gaming. (And I dont say the world "Best" when it comes to games usually). Tropico3 is basically an evolution of Tropico 1.

Question. On my first playthrough should I install the expansion included in the pack, or just play vanilla?

Brashnir

JDSN said:

Thanks for the info. Been wanting to try out the Tropico games for a while, but was worried that the old ones may not have aged well.

Blizzard

Banned
gregor7777 said:
The GAF L4D crew is pretty laid back. At least on PC; I can't speak to those 360 heathens.
PillowKnight and vertopci will rage with the strength of a thousand suns, and Blizzard is annoying and whines on voicechat all the time, but other than that, the GAF people aren't usually too bad to play with.

Shattered Horizon Four Pack Now Available!

December 15, 2009, 11:19 am - Valve - General Announcement

Do you have friends and family that want to battle in zero gravity? Futuremark Games Studio has released a four pack for their new first person shooter! Get four copies of Shattered Horizon and gift three of them to your friends!

Comes out to be $14.99 per game.

Firestorm

TheFatOne said:
Is Last Remnant any good?
A sizable GAF population likes it quite a bit and the PC version fixed a lot of issues the 360 one had. It might not be fixed for ATI cards though. I'll pass as I own it on 360 and haven't even opened it yet...

Zachack

Firestorm said:
A sizable GAF population likes it quite a bit and the PC version fixed a lot of issues the 360 one had. It might not be fixed for ATI cards though. I'll pass as I own it on 360 and haven't even opened it yet...
What's the issue with ATI?

Zzoram

I don't see The Last Remnant for $10. I'd probably buy it for that though. How long is the sale going on?

Wait, issue with ATI cards? What issue?

o5x9n5.jpg

That's awesome. I was just thinking about picking it up earlier today.

Median

Zzoram said:
I don't see The Last Remnant for $10. I'd probably buy it for that though. How long is the sale going on?

Wait, issue with ATI cards? What issue?

I've never been able to get decent framerates on my 4870 with everything turned up. Battles are slow as hell, unless you turn shadowing to medium. There was never a patch, sadly.

Tenks

WTF is wrong with me. I own the disks for TLR but I haven't installed it yet but I'm thinking about buying this anyway. God I'm pathetic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I just logged into Steam and it said The Force Unleashed PC version was now available, but I don't see it anywhere.

datamage

Sinatar said:
I just logged into Steam and it said The Force Unleashed PC version was now available, but I don't see it anywhere.

Oh I hope so! I've been waiting for this since the PC version was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom