• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, personally still holding off till the January portion, gotta keep digging through the backlog, not to mention Xmas games given by others.

Is the Steam version of Fahrenheit censored to everyone? Showing up as Indigo Prophecy for me in the UK store.

About 2 or 3 games I would have bought at this discounted price had there not been intrusive DRM. That's your games Ubisoft, Atari.

Doytch

Dawn of Discovery would be instabuy at $25 if they removed the DRM, ffs.

Blizzard said:
Eidos complete pack. You save: $205.76

I wasn't planning on getting Batman, but like...I've heard Deus Ex and maybe Thief are good. Is it worth it? Some of those games look at least interesting... :lol

I'm not that interested in Batman, and I already own the Tomb Raider games, though.
Deus Ex is my favourite game ever. Thief 3 is solid assuming you have no expectations based on the first two games. It also has one of the best levels in gaming. Honestly, it's not too hot a deal. I'd say just get Deus Ex on sale and save your money.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Hmm, I feel like I'll get burned later on the FO3:GOTY at $37, but I've waited long enough. Might dip into the poker bankroll for this one.

Doytch said:
Witcher - $14
shitgotreal.gif

randomwab

There is so much goodness. Started out small for tonight.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Pack
Star Wars Republic Commando
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Grand Theft Auto IV
Foreign Legion

Yet there is so much more I want. God, it's like last year all over again, it's going to kill me.

dani_dc said:
Same with Witcher, the only doubt on that one is if I'll get it now or if I'll wait to see if it ends up as a Special Deal of the day.
It's already 80% off.
Would be dumb of them to add it on a Special Day Deal.

Visualante said:
Is the Steam version of Fahrenheit censored to everyone? Showing up as Indigo Prophecy for me in the UK store.

About 2 or 3 games I would have bought at this discounted price had there not been intrusive DRM. That's your games Ubisoft, Atari.

Isn't there an easy way to edit Indigo Prophecy (.ini file or such) to uncensor it?

Blizzard

Banned
Doytch said:
Dawn of Discovery would be instabuy at $25 if they removed the DRM, ffs.

Deus Ex is my favourite game ever. Thief 3 is solid assuming you have no expectations based on the first two games. It also has one of the best levels in gaming. Honestly, it's not too hot a deal. I'd say just get Deus Ex on sale and save your money.
Yeah, I managed to resist. I think I'll just get Deus Ex and maybe one or two other games off that list. Do you have any Eidos recommendations? Is Deus Ex Invisible War worth it?

I already had Fate of Atlantis and The Dig, but I heard good things about the loom so I'll pick it up if it's on sale...

*edit* My own recommendation: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is now $15 on sale. Worth it, plus they have their own modding/custom map website for people to put stuff on!

Oh dear god, what have they done! The Lucasarts Adventure Pack for £1.79 is a no brainer, gonna Gift my buddy Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy too methinks. Man I'm glad I don't have alot of money just now otherwise I'd go bloody crazy.

teiresias

Dammit, the one game I was hoping would get a "must buy" price, Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption, is still freaking $19.99. Ugh.

At least I'll pick up the Lucasarts pack, it'll give me something to do with my bootcamp partition! :lol

Doytch

Hasphat6462 said:
Is Medieval II worth getting without the expansion?
Nope. The good mods (the ones that stop it from being insufferable) require the expack too.

Blizzard said:
Yeah, I managed to resist. I think I'll just get Deus Ex and maybe one or two other games off that list. Do you have any Eidos recommendations? Is Deus Ex Invisible War worth it?
Not in my opinion, though I'm jaded. If I had to recommend others from that pack, I'd say Hitman Blood Money, but really, get the Wallace&Gromit stuff for $10 or Witcher for $14 before you get that.

Kritz

Banned
VALVE YOU HAVE ALL MY MONEY
YOU HAVE ALL MY MONEY, VALVE.

I should be thankful that Steam is apparently ass broken at the moment and not letting me buy anything because I am going to spend all my money on internet video entertainment games.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, looks like several publisher lists aren't showing games, so I'd better wait until things settle down before buying more. :lol

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I escaped with:

Dawn of Discovery - $25 (draconian DRM, I know I know, sue me, I'm tired of waiting)
Zombie Shooter 2 - $2.49 (looks like fun)
Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - $4.99

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
So, I bought Stalker and Braid. Going to hold out and see what games drop in price the next couple of days. Here's hoping for a further reduction of BioShock and some other gems. :)

Blizzard

Banned
kinoki said:
So, I bought Stalker and Braid. Going to hold out and see what games drop in price the next couple of days. Here's hoping for a further reduction of BioShock and some other gems. :)
$14 is pretty decent for BioShock, but good luck. :lol

Alex said:
Is Killing Floor worth it? Can it be played with just two people?

I think Killing Floor is worth it. It can be played with any amount of people, since it scales in difficulty depending on player count.

It's somewhat like UT2004's Invasion mode and, I guess, Gears of War 2's Horde mode, so if you like either of those then you should like this game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Are there any good Fallout 3 mods out there that rebalance the game to something that makes VATS more interesting and impressive. Played through the whole of the game on Xbox and felt that, like Oblivion, the core gameplay was really busted and in need of tweaks.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Scotch said:
It was 5 euros last year :lol

I'm thinking everything that isn't close to 75%-80% now *might* get lowered further on as christmas continues. But, if they don't I'll just pick it up on the 3rd, regardless. Let's just say as time goes on my priceclass goes up. So £2 today, with potential of £5 tomorrow, etc. :p

EDIT: A fuck it, Steam isn't working properly, I'm going to bed.

Alex

I think Killing Floor is worth it. It can be played with any amount of people, since it scales in difficulty depending on player count.

All I needed to know, thanks for the info!

Kritz

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
Indigo Prophecy is only $3, but the more I hear about it the worse it sounds. Is it worth it? (playing, I mean, not the price)

It's worth playing through until the last third of the game. From there, it's worth going through just to see how fucking bizarre the story gets.

But you probably need to have some kind of affinity for Simon Says and various other QTEs. Because they are the entire game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU) 7.49 USD
Defense Grid: The Awakening 2.49 USD
Braid 2.49 USD
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 13.59 USD
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned 6.69 USD
Ghostbusters: The Videogame 6.79 USD
Assassin's Creed 9.99 USD
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama 0.99 USD
Subtotal 50.52 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 50.52 USD

Kritz said:
It's worth playing through until the last third of the game. From there, it's worth going through just to see how fucking bizarre the story gets.

But you probably need to have some kind of affinity for Simon Says and various other QTEs. Because they are the entire game.
How complex do they get? Is it no worse than the knife fight in RE4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom