• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Oh shit. I've already got Stalker, but for 1.99 euros? I can live with that if it means I won't have to use my retail version with a disc. Also, Clear Sky seems to go for about 4.99 euros so I'm gonna get that too, since I haven't played it before.

Brandon F said:
Are there any good Fallout 3 mods out there that rebalance the game to something that makes VATS more interesting and impressive. Played through the whole of the game on Xbox and felt that, like Oblivion, the core gameplay was really busted and in need of tweaks.

Fallout Wanderer's Edition and FOOK2 are about the only overhaul mods I know of, so you might want to check those out.

Minsc

Gold Member
Brandon F said:
Are there any good Fallout 3 mods out there that rebalance the game to something that makes VATS more interesting and impressive. Played through the whole of the game on Xbox and felt that, like Oblivion, the core gameplay was really busted and in need of tweaks.

Click.

To use some of them you'll need to have purchased all the DLC.

FO3 Wanderers Edition, FOOK 2.0 and Marts Mutant Mod are the big three, you can merge them all together and have them all running happily, but I believe that requires all the DLC, I didn't make it that far yet.

Edit: Damn, not fast enough, but I got a link! :)

Kritz

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
How complex do they get? Is it no worse than the knife fight in RE4?

simon.gif

About that complex.

biocat

For those who were looking for Mass Effect, it is $9.99 at EA.com and if you buy a 2nd digital download game you get 40% off both. I got Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect for just over $26 that way.

Dragon Age was an additional 30% off but you might have to use the coupon code EAPARTNERS2009 in order for it to show up that way. In fact, I think that code gives you 30% off anything that's not already on sale, so you can get a pretty nice discount if you go digital.

Just letting you know. Awesome Steam sale. I picked up Shadow of Chernobyl.

Minsc said:
Click.

To use some of them you'll need to have purchased all the DLC.

FO3 Wanderers Edition, FOOK 2.0 and Marts Mutant Mod are the big three, you can merge them all together and have them all running happily, but I believe that requires all the DLC, I didn't make it that far yet.

Edit: Damn, not fast enough, but I got a link! :)

So all of these Fallout 3 modmanagers and tools work fine with the Steam version? IIRC correctly the different .exe was an issue for Oblivion.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The Shintoki Am Cry Wallet Damage Count So far
Jedi Knight Collection: 9.99
Killing Floor: 9.99
AudioSurf: 2.50

Possible. Defense Grid?! Anyone have any advice on it?

What I'm holding out for, Max Payne Collection. Don't want Rockstar. Just Payne. :lol

I'll probably spend a few more dollars. Not a bad way at all to kick my Digital Download collection off this year

Doytch

shintoki said:
The Shintoki Am Cry Wallet Damage Count So far
Jedi Knight Collection: 9.99
Killing Floor: 9.99
AudioSurf: 2.50

What I'm holding out for, Max Payne Collection. Don't want Rockstar. Just Payne. :lol

I'll probably spend a few more dollars. Not a bad way at all to kick my Digital Download collection off this year
Do it. Best tower defense game imo.

Dipper145

So I assume the packs, and the thing on the right that you can use to browse deals on games are all active until Jan 3rd?

I think I'm going to wait till near the last-ish day before I buy from there, even though I will look through them now to make a list. I don't want to spend too much on this sale.

If I buy it now, then the daily deals pop up and I buy stuff from them too I'll end up spending way too much money.

shintoki said:
Do you enjoy Tower Defense games? Yes? Buy it. For $2.50 you can't really go wrong.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Borderlands worth the 34 bucks? That Eidos pack is ridiculous at that price. If you wanted Batman AA and almost one other game you get those 2 and like 0-83420-98270398421 more.

Blizzard

Banned
luiztfc said:
Orange box is expensive. For $22.49 is it worth it?
It is worth it, but hate yourself for missing out on it for $5-10 or whatever it has been on sale for. Also do not buy it now, wait until January 3rd and make sure it doesn't drop lower, if you must have it in the near future. :lol

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Braid
2.49 USD
Defense Grid: The Awakening
2.49 USD
Trine
7.99 USD
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
9.99 USD
Subtotal
22.96 USD
Tax
0.00 USD
Shipping
0.00 USD

Total
22.96 USD

Only other thing i'm really interested in is Borderlands and maybe the Valve pack as a gift.

Zzoram

firehawk12 said:
Wow, EA and Activision pretty much fail. I guess they don't see the value of discounting stuff on Steam.

I was going to buy Mass Effect if it went on sale for $5 to $7.50, but I'm definitely not buying it at $20 considering that I've owned 2 new copies on Xbox 360 (and traded each one in after beating the game, the second copy was purchased when I wanted to replay it). Your loss EA/Bioware.

Vaporak

I was interested in Risen, Kings Bounty Armored Princess, and Batman: AA, but none of them are having a good discount. None at all in the case of Risen. I guess it's time to play the waiting game and keep an eye on the daily deals.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Vaporak said:
I was interested in Risen, Kings Bounty Armored Princess, and Batman: AA, but none of them are having a good discount. None at all in the case of Risen. I guess it's time to play the waiting game and keep an eye on the daily deals.
Batman was 50% off a few weeks back.

Bought Stalker and Stalker Clear Sky. Ghost Master (kinda looks like The Haunting from the sega genesis..fucking loved that game) and Shadowgrounds Pack. $13 for 5 full games.

I'm waiting for a deal on Dragon Age and a better deal for Dawn of War 2.

Bii

Got The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $13.49 and Defense Grid for $2.49. Contemplating on the $50 Eidos pack. Just when I thought I was done buying games for myself this year. :lol

SnowTeeth

Banned
Along with the numerous other purchases (DA:O, Mirror's Edge, Osmos, Eufloria, Chains, Monkey Island Remake, Torchlight, Far Cry 2, Machinarium and Ghostbusters) I bought Avatar: The Game, yes Avatar: The Game...

Keep in mind I have not yet seen the film which most people are currently going gooey-eyed over (I do want to see it in 3D) - Now to those of you that have seen it and played the game: Is it okay to play the game first, or is it better to drag my lazy ass to a cinema to watch the flick?

Also I know the game is supposed to be lame, but I'm sure it'll be fun for oh 5 minutes - my usual attention-span.

Sloegr

Zzoram said:
I was going to buy Mass Effect if it went on sale for $5 to $7.50, but I'm definitely not buying it at $20 considering that I've owned 2 new copies on Xbox 360 (and traded each one in after beating the game, the second copy was purchased when I wanted to replay it). Your loss EA/Bioware.

There are still one-day sales coming up, so I think you have a chance of getting a discounted Mass Effect before the holiday sale is over. I'm assuming they don't want to put up a 25% discount now, then have everyone mad when it's on a one day sale for 50% off (or whatever the discount may be).

Ok this is just stupid but maybe someone knows how to fix this the easy way.

I bought among other things kings quest collection.

I try to start IV and it has this copyright protection thing where it wants a word from the manual. Now the manual exists in pdf form and I have the table where the correct word can be found.

The problem is that when I alt-tab out of IV to read the table for the correct word the application disapears. I can't get the game up again and need to restart the game. But that just gives me a new word to look up in the table which I need to alt-tab to find out but I can't...

I don't own a printer and I don't really want to copy down the whole table by hand...

Anyone have some kind of clever solution?

edit* google finally found a solution for me. alt enter works.

epmode

PuppetSlave said:
Ok this is just stupid but maybe someone knows how to fix this the easy way.

I bought among other things kings quest collection.

I try to start IV and it has this copyright protection thing where it wants a word from the manual. Now the manual exists in pdf form and I have the table where the correct word can be found.

The problem is that when I alt-tab out of IV to read the table for the correct word the application disapears. I can't get the game up again and need to restart the game. But that just gives me a new word to look up in the table which I need to alt-tab to find out but I can't...

I don't own a printer and I don't really want to copy down the whole table by hand...

Anyone have some kind of clever solution?

edit* google finally found a solution for me. alt enter works.
Your problem might have had something to do with the fact that DOSBox stuff runs in two concurrent applications. You might have been trying to activate the one that should run in the background.

Maybe!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Doytch said:
Dawn of Discovery would be instabuy at $25 if they removed the DRM, ffs.
I asked a question about the DRM before itt, and it looks when you use up all your activations you haft to call ubisoft support.:lol
Really dissuades me from buying the game altogether. Which is a shame..

Doytch

Lafiel said:
I asked a question about the DRM before itt, and it looks when you use up all your activations you haft to call ubisoft support.:lol
Yeah, I was actually under the impression you had to call the TAGES people, who are even worse with this stuff.

Darklord

Banned
Lafiel said:

Retail versions have completely removed it if you ever see it cheap.

x3sphere

firehawk12 said:
Wow, EA and Activision pretty much fail. I guess they don't see the value of discounting stuff on Steam.

Eh, Mass Effect was on sale for $10 on Steam a few weeks back.. and Mirror's Edge is one of the special deals at the moment. I don't think you can say EA isn't discounting stuff. I agree with you on Activision though...

x3sphere said:
Eh, Mass Effect was on sale for $10 on Steam a few weeks back.. and Mirror's Edge is one of the special deals at the moment. I don't think you can say EA isn't discounting stuff. I agree with you on Activision though...

Considering pretty much everything on Steam is on sale but EA and Activisions catalogues are for some reason the exception I think it's a pretty fair statement. Mirrors Edge being the special deal doesn't really change the fact every other EA game remains at the same price it was before the sale.

Update: Looks like a DICE complete package is on its way to Steam. Don't know exactly what it includes but its coming nevertheless.

Edit: Looks like its for BFBC2 and its beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom